Web site shows restaurants, bars where guns are, aren't allowed in TN

Guest tnmom2amk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to there site and sent them a note thanking them for letting me know were not to spend my money. Join in and let them know just how stupid they are.

Like this? My comment...

Just a note to thank you for this site. It will help me find gun free restaurants so I won't waste my time going there. I am an HCP holder, and refuse to spend money with anyone who supports your irrational agenda.

Guest tnxdshooter
Like this? My comment...

Just a note to thank you for this site. It will help me find gun free restaurants so I won't waste my time going there. I am an HCP holder, and refuse to spend money with anyone who supports your irrational agenda.

LMFAO

I went to there site and sent them a note thanking them for letting me know were not to spend my money. Join in and let them know just how stupid they are.

Already did.

Don't you just love their claim that many restaurant owners are "unaware" of the law? Really? It's not like it wasn't plastered all over every newspaper and reported on every news station when they were trying to get it passed into law. I don't believe there are many restaurateurs who are that stupid.

I feel sorry for the restaurant owners that have to deal with this from the whack jobs on both sides of this issue. But fortunately for them I don’t think either group can made a dimes worth of difference.

:)

Why? The few I know aren't having any anxiety over it. Who are the whack jobs on the pro gun side?

Guest tnxdshooter
Already did.

Don't you just love their claim that many restaurant owners are "unaware" of the law? Really? It's not like it wasn't plastered all over every newspaper and reported on every news station when they were trying to get it passed into law. I don't believe there are many restaurateurs who are that stupid.

yeah,

Even randy rayburn isnt that dumb.

Guest Archminister01

I just left them a little something to think about myself. I reminded them about the mass killing that took place in a Luby's restaurant in TX where a criminal carrying a concealed weapon opened fire and killed nearly everyone in the establishment, and how IF one or more of those persons had been legally carrying a firearm most of those persons would have survived. The woman that did survive is now a staunch pro gun advocate and will be forever. I also told this site to quit confusing us law abiding gun carrying citizens, a god given right, with the criminal and crazy folks that do not carry legally and own firearms with the worst of intents in mind. If our nation can have nuclear missile silos with weapons of mass destruction pointed at various targets across the world..and we call it DETERRENCE and call it ok, then why cant we openly carry firearms and be deemed in the same category? Nuff said...LOL

Guest Armgdnman

GREAT POST! I love it when the people I don't like are easily identifiable.

I'm so sick of people saying, "guns in bars". I slam dunk those idiots whenever I hear it in public. Convo goes as follows:

Clown Shoes: Why would anyone want to support carrying "guns in bars". (insert cliche here) For argument purposes we'll use.. "Don't they know guns and alcohol dont mix?"

Me (pissed off kicker of clown shoes): If you had somewhat of an idea of what you were talking about you would realize that guns are STILL illegal in "bars". The law allows people to carry a weapon in a restaurant. There is actually a legal definition stating the difference between a "restaurant" and a "bar". BTW, the "restaurant" can still post a sign stating they do not allow weapons on the premises. The law simply takes the decision making process away from the government and puts it in the individual business owner's hands.

Clown Shoes: uhhhhh

Me: Thats what I thought, the situational awareness of a friggin rock.

<---hops off of soapbox

I'm so sick of people saying, "guns in bars". I slam dunk those idiots whenever I hear it in public. Convo goes as follows:

Clown Shoes: Why would anyone want to support carrying "guns in bars". (insert cliche here) For argument purposes we'll use.. "Don't they know guns and alcohol dont mix?"

Me (pissed off kicker of clown shoes): If you had somewhat of an idea of what you were talking about you would realize that guns are STILL illegal in "bars". The law allows people to carry a weapon in a restaurant. There is actually a legal definition stating the difference between a "restaurant" and a "bar". BTW, the "restaurant" can still post a sign stating they do not allow weapons on the premises. The law simply takes the decision making process away from the government and puts it in the individual business owner's hands.

<---hops off of soapbox

Actually that's not correct. You can carry anywhere that serves alcohol provided they are not posted.

<---hops off of soapbox

:)

I feel sorry for the restaurant owners that have to deal with this from the whack jobs on both sides of this issue. But fortunately for them I don’t think either group can made a dimes worth of difference.

;)

Both my family and my wife's family are in the restaurant business... phone calls and emails make a difference... Possibly ticking off 10+% of your target customer in this economy is something I can't understand personally.

<---hops off of soapbox

I'll echo BKelm and OS...get a new argument because that one is just as wrong as the people you're talking to.

I guess they didn't plan of to many visitors. I just clicked the link and received the following message - "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later." ;)

Web site shows restaurants, bars where guns are, aren't allowed | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

A new web site lets diners know which Nashville restaurants and bars allow guns inside and which ones prohibit them.

The site, www.gunfreediningtennessee.org, launched Friday in response to a new state <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_2_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%; COLOR: #2b65b0; FONT-FAMILY: inherit">lawmag-glass_10x10.gif</NOBR> that allows gun carry permit holders to take their guns into any establishment that serves alcohol unless the owner specifically bans them.

Ray Friedman, a Vanderbilt University management professor, and his daughter, Toni, started the site.

"Since most Tennesseans do not want guns and alcohol to mix, we believe that letting customers know which restaurants allow guns will put pressure on restaurants to post No-Gun signs (which they can do under the new law)," Friedman wrote in an email to supporters Friday night.

"We want to use the free-market to limit the effects of the new gun law. Also, we hope that this will be an organizing model that can be used in other parts of the U.S., not just Tennessee."

The site currently shows about 20 establishments that allow guns and about 85 that don't.

Will Cheek, an attorney working with Friedman, said the site will expand to include more Nashville restaurants and bars, as well as establishments in Tennessee's other major cities, once "street teams" of volunteers are assembled to canvass them.

"There are a number of websites with incomplete and sometimes dated information about where you can and cannot carry your gun," Cheek said. "The founders of Gun Free Dining Tennessee want their website to be the go to source for reliable gun-free dining information."