Web site shows restaurants, bars where guns are, aren't allowed in TN

Guest tnmom2amk

Not sure who your buddy kwik is, but thanks. just doing my civil duty :poop:

Well if being compared to a real dip**** who is out to screw the normal gun owner is what you were looking for then you are welcome.

He was a trouble maker. A BIG ONE. People that help get places posted or help the anti-gun movement and like to stir up trouble on the forum by advertising they do it last about a week around here.

Hopefully kwik will never be heard from again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you. Want a cookie? :) Call me a troll all you want. Wont change my stance on keeping guns out of bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

Here's to gun free places to eat.

Yea I want chocolate chip. While I sit in a restaurant with my gun, troll.

Plus the law is already passed so whine all you want. It's obvious you just want to start trouble here, which we have rules against.

Here's what I left:

As an HCP holder I appreciate you making a website so I know where not to go (ie posted restaurants). Maybe you would be better served by listing all the locations of drug stores like Walgreen's and CVS. After all we are in a War on Drugs and these places are actively engaging in business that puts more narcotics on the street.

Makes about as much sense as your stupid effort.

Guest smmcginnis

In much agreement with many, don't fight with them, or their "Enemies Amongst Us" here to "collect information" to "stop the madness". Hit them where it will hurt the most, and make it a point to let them know how much money they have lost. Take your business elsewhere. Use the site to the fullest advantage you can, to know which businesses to not support. Tell EVERYONE you know about the site so they can use it too. Use their own efforts against them. Be sure to email the businesses when you chose not to spend your money with them, MAKE IT HURT! These are tough times for everyone, can they afford to lose the business? Make them find out! Being it is their choice now, make them reconsider. If you want to fight, do the leg work they seem to be doing. Someone get a flyer up, and foot it to the businesses, do the leg work, they seem to be. Get them the information to make an informed choice.

Not all permit holders want to see guns in restaurants/bars. To each their own is what I say. But if name calling makes you feel more important, by all means have at it lol

I didn't call you anything. I just compared you to a former member who caused all kinds of problems for handgun owners around here. Looks like you are proud to be headed down the same path.

Some people never learn.

Guest faust921
I feel sorry for the restaurant owners that have to deal with this from the whack jobs on both sides of this issue. But fortunately for them I don’t think either group can made a dimes worth of difference.

:)

I'll have a big plate of apathy with a side of surrender please.

Here is my post

Thank you for helping save me time by listing placing of business that clearly do not support the 2nd amendment. That tells me allot about a business. Also it raises a red flag for me and lets me know that my safety becomes and issue if I do business there. FYI those Gun Buster signs have not been able to stop criminals from passing though the doors, however they will stop my money from passing though.

gun_free_zone.jpg

nocarry.png

However, here is the true GUNBUSTER they should legally be required to use.

GUN-FREEZONE1.jpg

Edited by vontar

I knew this gunfreedining website was full of crap. Went to this place tonight:

CAESAR'S BISTRO

Stance on Guns: No Guns Allowed

As I hadn't seen a sign posted there lately. NO SIGN, so we went in. They weren't busy at all, 7mp on a Friday night and maybe 5-6 tables were occupied, so maybe I wasn't the only one that saw their listing? I've never seen the place so empty.

After enjoying our dinner, I asked to see the manager. BTW, while we were eating, my wife noticed the news report on the TV about the website in question. I told the manager how much we enjoyed our dinner, but that we almost didn't come there at all. Told her they were listed on an anti-gun website as having a no guns policy and I thought I'd come by and see it they were posted.

She told me that they had been contacted by the website and told them they weren't sure they wanted to post and hadn't made up their mind about it yet. She wasn't happy that they went ahead and listed them as "no guns allowed" and was going to speak to the owner about it. She also mentioned she'd gotten lots of harassing phone calls from the website's people wanting her to post the sign, and she kept telling them they hadn't made that decision yet. She thanked me for both bringing it to her attention and presenting the other side of the story. She also told me I was always welcome, gun or not, but I explained that due to the legal standing of the sign now, that wasn't going to be an option if she posted, and that I wasn't alone in that line of thought. Again she thanked me, expressed her displeasure at gunfreeblahblahblah listing them without permission and was going to have the owner contact them to get it changed.

We'll see.

I saw the repeat story on Ch5 this morning. Talking about their "street teams" going around and " interviewing" the places. Sounds lke another typical liberal sheep tactic. The Mellow Mushroom caved into their pressure and is now going to post. that's the end game of SOBs like this. All they are trying to do is get more places to post.

It's really simple guys... then stop eating at places that post... HCP Holders represent nearly 10% (or more if you factor in income level) of the target market for most of these restaurants... in this economy trust me, restaurants can't afford losing another 3 or 4% of their business.

The question is eating some tasty pizza or some other food worth losing your life because you can't defend yourself? I'll make a bet that if you're willing to drive 5 more minutes you'll find a non-posted restaurant with as good if not better food ;)

I knew this gunfreedining website was full of crap. Went to this place tonight:

CAESAR'S BISTRO

Stance on Guns: No Guns Allowed

As I hadn't seen a sign posted there lately. NO SIGN, so we went in. They weren't busy at all, 7mp on a Friday night and maybe 5-6 tables were occupied, so maybe I wasn't the only one that saw their listing? I've never seen the place so empty.

After enjoying our dinner, I asked to see the manager. BTW, while we were eating, my wife noticed the news report on the TV about the website in question. I told the manager how much we enjoyed our dinner, but that we almost didn't come there at all. Told her they were listed on an anti-gun website as having a no guns policy and I thought I'd come by and see it they were posted.

She told me that they had been contacted by the website and told them they weren't sure they wanted to post and hadn't made up their mind about it yet. She wasn't happy that they went ahead and listed them as "no guns allowed" and was going to speak to the owner about it. She also mentioned she'd gotten lots of harassing phone calls from the website's people wanting her to post the sign, and she kept telling them they hadn't made that decision yet. She thanked me for both bringing it to her attention and presenting the other side of the story. She also told me I was always welcome, gun or not, but I explained that due to the legal standing of the sign now, that wasn't going to be an option if she posted, and that I wasn't alone in that line of thought. Again she thanked me, expressed her displeasure at gunfreeblahblahblah listing them without permission and was going to have the owner contact them to get it changed.

We'll see.

I signed up on the site early on, but THIS is the most effective way to deal with it. One more web site is... one more web site. These anti's are going to get results because they are contacting people directly. The flaw in their plan is that they're listing places without their permission. Those places have lawyers, and some will use them. If we REALLY want to fight them, we need follow Hex's example.

They're more than just a website if they have teams of volunteers going around to these places armed with No Guns signs and harassing the establishments until they make a decision.

They're more than just a website if they have teams of volunteers going around to these places armed with No Guns signs and harassing the establishments until they make a decision.

That was my point. A web site alone won't get you very far. These folks are working at it. It will take some work to stop them

If you dine at a place that has not posted, make sure to talk to the manager and thank them.

While I guess it is working to some degree for the other side, I'm not sure "teams" of confrontational people are the best approach for our side.

I wonder how many people from this group actually patronize these restaurants.

You would hope the words/wishes of paying customers would mean more than those from an activist group.

I'm not sure how restaurants have got places in the middle of this. I can't understand how this has got to be such a "burr in the saddle" of the other side. But anyway....

I'm not sure how restaurants have got places in the middle of this. I can't understand how this has got to be such a "burr in the saddle" of the other side. But anyway....

They got placed in the middle of this by people on both sides that would rather make idle threats against business owners rather than deal with their legislators and the issue.

Show me one case that can be verified where an HCP holder that carried into a business has been cited or arrested. So far we have seen none here. The worst we have seen is where the cops were called and ask someone to leave.

I carry concealed so I honestly don’t look for signs when I go into stores or restaurants. If I get tagged…. So be it. If that happens I will come here and without hesitation ask one of the forum lawyers to represent me for free and if they won’t I will ask the members to help me pay for an attorney to take the case as far as I can. :bowrofl:

Until there is either case law or legislation; the bickering is useless.

They got placed in the middle of this by people on both sides that would rather make idle threats against business owners rather than deal with their legislators and the issue.

Show me one case that can be verified where an HCP holder that carried into a business has been cited or arrested. So far we have seen none here. The worst we have seen is where the cops were called and ask someone to leave.

I carry concealed so I honestly don’t look for signs when I go into stores or restaurants. If I get tagged…. So be it. If that happens I will come here and without hesitation ask one of the forum lawyers to represent me for free and if they won’t I will ask the members to help me pay for an attorney to take the case as far as I can. :bowrofl:

Have it your way. Case law or not, the law is pretty clear. I'm not going to risk my permit, especially when there are other places to go.

Have it your way. Case law or not, the law is pretty clear. I'm not going to risk my permit, especially when there are other places to go.

I’m not saying put your permit at risk. I’m saying I don’t stand around outside businesses scanning for signs. I’m not going to go to a website to see where I should eat either.

What some here are asking for I see as impossible. For the state to force private businesses to allow you to carry would require them to acknowledge that you have a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment right to do so; not a privilege you bought. That would be a wonderful outcome if the state is willing to do that. But at this particular point in time you do not have a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment right to bear arms and carrying loaded guns is illegal. The state of Tennessee can recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment as an individual right to keep and bear arms any time they choose (as have a couple of other states); but at this time they have chosen to only recognize your right to own firearms. Because that is all the Feds have required them to do.

I don’t own a business here. But If I did and I could get people to say that they weren’t using my business because of a website like that (either side)… I would sue the website, and the state for putting me in that position.

I’m not saying put your permit at risk. I’m saying I don’t stand around outside businesses scanning for signs. I’m not going to go to a website to see where I should eat either.

What some here are asking for I see as impossible. For the state to force private businesses to allow you to carry would require them to acknowledge that you have a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment right to do so; not a privilege you bought. That would be a wonderful outcome if the state is willing to do that. But at this particular point in time you do not have a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment right to bear arms and carrying loaded guns is illegal. The state of Tennessee can recognize the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> amendment as an individual right to keep and bear arms any time they choose (as have a couple of other states); but at this time they have chosen to only recognize your right to own firearms. Because that is all the Feds have required them to do.

I don’t own a business here. But If I did and I could get people to say that they weren’t using my business because of a website like that (either side)… I would sue the website, and the state for putting me in that position.

I agree on all points.

Regarding the OT, I say again, Hex handled it perfectly. We should follow his example when possible. Any time we have a chance to head off anti-gun hysteria, we should take a crack at it.

I carry concealed so I honestly don’t look for signs when I go into stores or restaurants. If I get tagged…. So be it. If that happens I will come here and without hesitation ask one of the forum lawyers to represent me for free and if they won’t I will ask the members to help me pay for an attorney to take the case as far as I can. ;)

I think most of the "threats" are coming from the other side. The closest the pro-carry side has come is stating they will not eat in a place that is posted. If the other side was simply stating they would not eat in a place that isn't, then so be it.

Also as you point to in your other post, plenty of blame can be laid at the legislature for giving signs the weight of law in the first place, considering that does nothing to "prevent crime" which is supposedly the only constitutional way (TN constitution Article 1, Sec 26) the legislature can pass laws that effect carry of there otherwise recognized right to keep and bear arms.

I agree with what you are saying about convictions of 39-17-1359, but one really shouldn't have to even think about facing that, especially at a place that hasn't posted by their own free choice.

I guess more than anything is just the extreme case of not knowing when they've lost by the other side that is getting me..... We have had the law and logic on our side and I'm getting tired of their emotional tempter tantrums and trying to pull others into it.....

Anyway....guess we'll see what happens.

Since when have our legislators been restricted by the state constitution? At least 39-17-1359 is somewhere in the ball park, how exactly in TICS constitutional? What does purchasing a firearm have to do with wearing it?

I think most of the "threats" are coming from the other side. The closest the pro-carry side has come is stating they will not eat in a place that is posted. If the other side was simply stating they would not eat in a place that isn't, then so be it.

Also as you point to in your other post, plenty of blame can be laid at the legislature for giving signs the weight of law in the first place, considering that does nothing to "prevent crime" which is supposedly the only constitutional way (TN constitution Article 1, Sec 26) the legislature can pass laws that effect carry of there otherwise recognized right to keep and bear arms.

I agree with what you are saying about convictions of 39-17-1359, but one really shouldn't have to even think about facing that, especially at a place that hasn't posted by their own free choice.

I guess more than anything is just the extreme case of not knowing when they've lost by the other side that is getting me..... We have had the law and logic on our side and I'm getting tired of their emotional tempter tantrums and trying to pull others into it.....

Anyway....guess we'll see what happens.