So... what's up?

TGO David

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Just sitting at home relaxing after work.

Listening to some Hank Jr.

All is good in my world.

Sorry yours has been rough this week.

I hope that you're enjoying Hank with the appropriate beverage. I had a small splash of Bruichladdich Rum Cask single malt scotch earlier and it helped immensely. Too bad I have to work tomorrow or it would have been followed by a larger splash.

I am not a drinking man.

I learned a long time ago that I don't know when to stop and I get stupid. As such, I choose not to drink. It is much less expensive this way.

I don't begrudge anyone else their vices, and I am a social drinker.

I have found now that I am older and a 'responsible family man,' that a nice long drive is great for resetting the circuits. That is why I can't wait to move my clan out of the city and back to the sticks. I figure an hour to and from work will be just enough to leave the stress of the job behind.

I enjoy my Blue Moons ..... But, I'm also pretty cheap :) About once or twice a week, I add a shot first, then have a Blue moon or two :)

We live "Out of City Limits" as far as City Tax is concerened, but not out in the sticks :) We are in a nice "middle ground" .... not yet far enough for a septic tank, but close enough to a grocery store where we don't have to spend an arm and a leg gettin there :)

I wouldn't mind 5-10 acres in middle TN somewhere :)

I hope that you're enjoying Hank with the appropriate beverage. I had a small splash of Bruichladdich Rum Cask single malt scotch earlier and it helped immensely. Too bad I have to work tomorrow or it would have been followed by a larger splash.

Never been one for liquor. Enjoying the night off work with a few Miller's though!

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am getting a killer deal on a Ford Ranger truck from my dad with only 9K miles on it, but I am only getting the deal because his eyesight has deteriorated to the point he can never drive again.....A very bittersweet situation. I am thrilled to be getting it and he is happy that I will be the one to have it, but the reason behind it all stinks to high heaven.

Laid away two more guns I do not need, another Sig P238 and the Smith Bodyguard 380, I already have two 380's so I really dont need them but this disease is what it is.:)

I am also seriously contemplating KB4's AR, and will probably end up with it if it dont sell soon, which is something else I dont need another one of.

Still home schooling three kids and helping the wife to care for her ailing dad.

I spent most of today following him like a detective while he went on an unauthorized ride on his own, I probably ran 150 miles following him to be sure he was OK...he really shouldnt be driving but he escaped from the inlaws and follow and watch was all I could do. It was a trip playing detective all day.

That pretty much sums it all up.:)

But you didnt say "whats up" had to be exciting:D

Ain't havin' a day job a drag?

I am getting a killer deal on a Ford Ranger truck from my dad with only 9K miles on it, but I am only getting the deal because his eyesight has deteriorated to the point he can never drive again.....A very bittersweet situation. I am thrilled to be getting it and he is happy that I will be the one to have it, but the reason behind it all stinks to high heaven.

Laid away two more guns I do not need, another Sig P238 and the Smith Bodyguard 380, I already have two 380's so I really dont need them but this disease is what it is.:D

I am also seriously contemplating KB4's AR, and will probably end up with it if it dont sell soon, which is something else I dont need another one of.

Still home schooling three kids and helping the wife to care for her ailing dad.

I spent most of today following him like a detective while he went on an unauthorized ride on his own, I probably ran 150 miles following him to be sure he was OK...he really shouldnt be driving but he escaped from the inlaws and follow and watch was all I could do. It was a trip playing detective all day.

That pretty much sums it all up.:D

But you didnt say "whats up" had to be exciting:D

Wow, sorry to hear that about your dad. Good thing he's got family that can help out.

Well, been putting in 55-60 hour work weeks, steering in the lawn tractor broke, got the car that was damaged in the May flood finally working. Flying to South Georgia tomorrow morning to see old friends. Be back late in the evening. still looking for a CZ-52... That's about it. Oh yeah. The airplane is flying great. Still giving rides to anyone who wants one and I can squeeze in the time. .

Terry

Guest Glock23ForMe

Work is back into the full swing of things. From August 28 till Last Sunday, we've just had meetings once a week. Now, it's 4-12 everynight but Fri, Sat, Sun.

The people at work are back, too. I supervise part of the Intramural Department at school, so the Faculty butt-faces still show up and act like idiots. Last night, I almost had to throw out the "Head Honcho" for the ROTC Department over the type of Softball we were using. :D He decided to hum it at one of my officials head, and my officials do not carry gloves. It was a rough night. Glad the week is over after tonight, but wait! I'm off tonight. The Predators open up the season tonight. :D :D :D :D

Contemplating on either trying to get a new job or get a 2nd job. Cyclical pay periods suck. It sucks that you get an assignment, you have typically 3 weeks to complete, then once invoiced, the client won't pay for 40+ days. My employer will pay me regardless if they receive the clients money after 40 days. So I have a waiting period from start of the job to payment of the job that takes around 70 plus days.....it was a slow summer. I'm busy currently, but not getting paid much of anything. Other than that, I'm healthy, the wife and kids are healthy, and that's the most important thing. Damn, I need a drink.

• Administrator
Ain't havin' a day job a drag?

It f-ing sucks when things go wrong with TGO and I'm not able to work on it. I've spent every lunch hour this week trying to fix this damn Google error, and that's getting kind of old too.

But I'm just complaining. :D

Guest Halfpint

Looking at police department applications here and in Texas . . . trying to avoid terminal boredom or the impulse to look at more SBR pics -- One upper is enough right now!