Tired of discussing politics and gays? Answer this then:

E4 No More

What is the sweetest weapon you've ever shot?

For me, I've shot weapons from .22 pistols to 175mm guns and 8" howitzers, but the sweetest weapon I've ever fired was a H&K MP5. It wasn't even mine. The PD that I worked for back in the day required us to purchase our own weapons, and that included "SWAT" weapons. I was the sniper, so I had a custom .308 made, but one of the officers bought an MP5. He let me shoot it both from standing still and on the move, and that thing was a natural born shooter. I wish I owned one today. It easily surpassed all others that I've fired.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
My friends Anschutz.

Dang trigger was so light that it actually fired when my finger touched the trigger. And literally mean touched, and not pulled!

That's gay

As far as pistols, I think the smoothest I've ever possessed (I say "possessed" because it was an LE gun issued to me, I didn't own it) was the Memphis PD standard P229R DAK I had when I worked for U of M PD. Man that thing was smooth. My current department issued me a P226 in .357Sig and it is awful. Well, maybe it's me, not the gun, but I really dislike almost everything about it, especially the action.

I really enjoy shooting all guns, but probably my favorite thing to shoot would be shotguns. To me, the sweetest thing I have shot was a Ruger Red Label 28ga. I know it does not sound very exciting, but it was really a joy to shoot.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I always liked my standard issue M-16, or anything AR with a 20" barrel, I dont care much for the shorter versions. I just find them easy to shoot and they make me a very good shot.

As for pistols it is a real toss up as I really loved the smoothness of the Walther PPS but also really like my inexpensive SR9 and SR9c, they both seem to get better with every magazine.

But by far the most fun was a vehicle mounted 50 cal...Boom boom boom:D

Guest mustangdave

Would have to say the M-14 adapted to shoot a monkey fist and shot line for mooring a US NAVY ship....beaned a DOD rent-a-cop in the ankle...by accident of course

I am certain I haven't shot as many different guns as you guys, but out of all that I have shot I would have to say that the sweetest gun I have got to fire is my Sig P226 X5 L1. The trigger is just absolutely sweet and the accuracy is unbelievable. Even in the hands of a crappy shot, this gun makes them look like they know what they are doing.

Guest 73challenger

I shot a mp5 at the ETSU machine gun shoot. It was a really sweet shooting gun. I'ld love to have a SBR mp5 clone. I don't think I'll ever spend the money for a full auto model.

Would have to say the M-14 adapted to shoot a monkey fist and shot line for mooring a US NAVY ship....beaned a DOD rent-a-cop in the ankle...by accident of course

Yaright! If your ship was anything like mine the Chief Bosun had a standing reward of a case of Coke (all you could get at sea) if you managed to hit one of the linehandlers on the receiving end of that shot. :) Since the receiving ship knew this they always hid well so I always tried to hit the signal paddle they used for linehandling.

Ma Deuce was always my favorite. My Mk. 45's were fun but when you're below decks running the gun mount it's just not the same.

The MP5 is very fun. I was pretty impressed at the LaRue OBR 7.62x51 I shot this past weekend. Rang a gong 2 out of 5 tries at 1000 yards. Barely missed one, really missed the first one due to inexperience with the scope on it. (or me being a dumb***)

My friends Anschutz.

Dang trigger was so light that it actually fired when my finger touched the trigger. And I literally mean touched, and not pulled! My finger had barely rested on the thing when BANG! :)

The gun shop that built my sniper rifle had one of those that I couldn't afford at the time. It had a single set trigger that, went set, you laid your finger on the side of it, and then just by thinking fire it went off. Dang that was sweet! I wished it wasn't so danged expensive.

Hmm I'd say shooting a suppressed MP-5 was pretty damn cool. However, shooting my friend's Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade was smooooooth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya. The sweetest pistol I've fired is my Ed Brown Kobra Karry, but for the danged price it better be sweet.

I always liked my standard issue M-16, or anything AR with a 20" barrel, I dont care much for the shorter versions. I just find them easy to shoot and they make me a very good shot.

As for pistols it is a real toss up as I really loved the smoothness of the Walther PPS but also really like my inexpensive SR9 and SR9c, they both seem to get better with every magazine.

But by far the most fun was a vehicle mounted 50 cal...Boom boom boom:D

I hear ya, Joe. I bought a M-4 a year or so ago and promptly got rid of it. I owned an AR-15A2 when I was on the PD and loved it because I was accustomed to the M-16A1 & A2 in the Marine Corps. When I got rid of the M-4 I bought a Sig 556 DMR instead. It's a nice rifle although it takes getting used to the different sound its action makes.