Favorite Range Gun?

Bubbatn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saiga converted AK. LOVE that thing! With the AK, I find myself enjoying the simplicity of shooting more instead of worrying about proper technique and perfect sight picture, ect. The irony is I usually end up shooting it pretty good. I guess it's kinda like Golf, the harder you try the worse you play.

Guest Scramasax

Whatever carry pistol I need some tt with and either my match target woodsman or frontier. Artie and diabetes sometimes are big factor. But even on a bad day my colts never let me down.

Cheers,

ts

Guest Lester Weevils

It can vary, but over the last 6 months the most-used range guns were Beretta 92FS, Beretta 92FS with .22LR slide, CZ 85 Combat, and Kahr P9 (carry pistol practice).

In handguns it’s any of my S&W revolvers. Usually the 686 and 617. Followed by my S&W 1911.

For Rifles it’s my Remington 700 VLS in .308 followed by my DPMS .308.

It’s tough to just pick out one or two. When I go to the range I take a truck load of guns and ammo.

Guest Archminister01

My snubby .357 is always a hoot to shoot, whether shooting .38 or .357. I reload anyway so cost isn't really an issue. Then I settle in for a lil hi-cap fun with my FNP 45. I would like to think that I could get it done with 8+1 rounds, but these days I just never know.

If I'm not thinking about the cost it's a tossup. For handguns I love my Browning Hi Power and my Ruger GP-100, but my el-cheapo RIA Tactical 1911 is mucho fun to shoot. If I'm trying to save $ it's hard to beat my Ruger 22/45.

For rifle I think my favorite is my old SAR-1 AK.

Springfield 1911 with some junk on it, or my M&P45... love that gun - alot of fun to shoot. I make it a point to shoot it first, then when I'm bored, whatever else made it into the gun bag.