Recent gun purchase Guns and Leather Hendersonville

Guest toddshould

I've been in Guns and leather only one time; about a year ago. It was on a weekday; in the middle of the afternoon. They were so busy that I had trouble looking at anything, let alone getting a chance to talk to a salesman. I probably won't go back, but from the looks of it, they must be doing something right.

Don't say that! Feel free to ask for me if you cant get anyone to help you directly - I can multitask =). Well, I like to think I can multitask with my limited brain capacity haha.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel / Metalhead - I hate that this happened to you, as I've had nothing but good experiences with both G&L locations.

Is it perhaps time to get the family together and craft some sort of policy regarding sales to emotionally agitated customers? As much as I hate how litigated our society has become, there has to be a real financial risk inherent in selling a weapon to an angry man...they only cause trouble 0.001% of the time, but the repercussions could be very negative, for your business and for solid gun owners as a group.

+1 to you for handling the situation in a mature way.

Guest toddshould

Well there are always two sides...and one will always lean to the side that feeds them. The Sumner County Sheriffs Officer that was with me, was interested in Glock as well. He did choose not to buy yesterday but was quoted the same 489 and change out the door price as I was. Yes I agree that is a great price as is the 502.00 that I paid again not the issue. I never once called anybody a liar not one single time. I was never disrespectful to your mother and was only as loud as she was. It was three on two. I just stated what I was told.

Again I do not think the money was the issue it was the principal of the deal that was made. I was there and know exactly what happened. I had the gun in my hand when I ask for a price and was given the same price two different times. That price change at the register and that just is no way to do business.

I left a phone number to be reached at ext 102. I can give you the number of the officer that was with me and you can get his side if you choose. I do appreciate the offer of 6 % and if I was in the wrong in my action I apologize.

Don't say that! Feel free to ask for me if you cant get anyone to help you directly - I can multitask =). Well, I like to think I can multitask with my limited brain capacity haha.

I wasn't knocking you in any way, Daniel. I'm a long way from your store, and I can find most anything I need closer. I'm not very good at conveying my thoughts the way I think them. Sorry. Looks like you all have a thriving business. That is what I was trying to say.

I wasn't knocking you in any way, Daniel. I'm a long way from your store, and I can find most anything I need closer. I'm not very good at conveying my thoughts the way I think them. Sorry. Looks like you all have a thriving business. That is what I was trying to say.

Trust me I didnt take it as a slight. Just extending an offer sir. I know there is a store in Lafayette that does pretty well.

I'm on to you..... =)

Glad to know you kept your sense of humor through all this.

I've been in Guns and leather only one time; about a year ago. It was on a weekday; in the middle of the afternoon. They were so busy that I had trouble looking at anything, let alone getting a chance to talk to a salesman. I probably won't go back, but from the looks of it, they must be doing something right.

Guns and Leather is always busy. However, I've always had plenty of opportunities to talk to a salesman, fondle a pistol, etc. My experience has been that if you step up to the counter and stay in the same spot for a couple of minutes, someone will be by to ask if they can help. Most of the guys seem to be able to handle more than one customer (especially lookers) at a time.

The very first gun I purchased from GnL was a Sig that had a really attractive price on it. I found the exact same gun about a year later at another store (that's closer to me) but it was $125 more expensive. And that was without the 3% cash discount. Combine great prices with their great customer service (at least that's always been my experience) and that's why they get my business.

Well there are always two sides...and one will always lean to the side that feeds them. The Sumner County Sheriffs Officer that was with me, was interested in Glock as well. He did choose not to buy yesterday but was quoted the same 489 and change out the door price as I was. Yes I agree that is a great price as is the 502.00 that I paid again not the issue. I never once called anybody a liar not one single time. I was never disrespectful to your mother and was only as loud as she was. It was three on two. I just stated what I was told.

Again I do not think the money was the issue it was the principal of the deal that was made. I was there and know exactly what happened. I had the gun in my hand when I ask for a price and was given the same price two different times. That price change at the register and that just is no way to do business.

I left a phone number to be reached at ext 102. I can give you the number of the officer that was with me and you can get his side if you choose. I do appreciate the offer of 6 % and if I was in the wrong in my action I apologize.

Even though I have it from three reputable employee's that you did, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as I wasnt there myself. I guess I could always pull up the camera if I REALLY wanted to know for sure, but really I dont. I want this to be done and over with. My offer still stands.

Let me say that I'm sorry that you had this experience.

Second, the owners wife was at the Greenbrier store till about 3pm, which she left and dunno if she went home or up to H'ville.

I will make this right to you, but I need more details sent to me in a PM regarding who you delt with, and what exactly you purchased and what price you got it at in the end. We've had some... problems with the H'ville staff that we are still sorting out, one of which was cut today. I will make this right to you if you could let me know.

if you ask me, you can't get better than that!

Guest toddshould

Replying to what the officer has to do with my gripe... is he was given the same out the door price 489 and change which included the 3% cash discount as well. I was trying to make the point I was not the only one that the price was quoted too.

Replying to what the officer has to do with my gripe... is he was given the same out the door price 489 and change which included the 3% cash discount as well. I was trying to make the point I was not the only one that the price was quoted too.

Then why didn't you say "my friend" or "the guy that was with me"? It seems to me that you are using him in a veiled attempt at a threat.

Guest Plainsman
Heck, I might just right back over there some day to meet you, Daniel. You seem like a pretty good guy.

+1. I've never been to either Guns and Leather location, but have always wanted to make the trip up there. In reading this thread, I may just make the trip up there for my next gun purchase. I believe I'll even ask Daniel to help me out.

Guest spoolie

Sorry to hear this about the new place and this dude....I've made 5 or 6 purchases from the old store in the past year without a hitch, and I've never brought up anything about a discount. I paid the price on the sticker, cheap enuff for me.

Guest mcgyver210
Even though I have it from three reputable employee's that you did, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as I wasnt there myself. I guess I could always pull up the camera if I REALLY wanted to know for sure, but really I dont. I want this to be done and over with. My offer still stands.

If I was the other party in this your statement here would not make me happy in the least since it really insinuates I am wrong but just to make me go away you will offer me something. Even though I have a witness also that could shed some light on the situation.

As I already said usually there are two sides two every story. Usually neither side is totally right on a misunderstanding & actually somewhere in the middle is the facts of the story.

Daniel I do have experience with your store & it was good so by no means am I taking sides I just call it like I see it.

My experience was a couple of years back my wife bought a Family Gun Range Membership for my Birthday which unfortunately we only got to use once due to financial hardships. We also bought a few things including a clip for my Glock 27 which actually was miss packaged with a 9 mm clip but y'all said y'all would exchange when I called back but we never came back so my fault.

My point is I know you have a good reputable business & will most likely try another family plan if y'all still have them sometime next year

Here is the thing with that, if you buy a family membership and come on hard times and only use it once.... Just talk to me about it. I dont mind refunding most of it as I am used to having come on hard times myself.

However just to cover my ass if you buy a range membership and come 342893462 times in six months and want a refund after that, I'm sorry =) =). Within reason!

Guest mcgyver210
Here is the thing with that, if you buy a family membership and come on hard times and only use it once.... Just talk to me about it. I dont mind refunding most of it as I am used to having come on hard times myself.

However just to cover my ass if you buy a range membership and come 342893462 times in six months and want a refund after that, I'm sorry =) =). Within reason!

LOL I am not one to try to take advantage so I never asked y'all even for an extension & I promise it was just one visit. Your range was awesome though (we used the left side with moving targets) & we did have a blast for the one visit. My son still talks about it & now that things are better for us we may try it again. I think I have almost talked my wife into taking HCP test

• Administrator

It appears that Daniel has made an extremely generous offer to resolve the matter favorably for the customer. Rather than allow the thread's inherent value be diminished by comments of drama-seekers, I'm going to close it down.

Hats off to Guns & Leather for bending over backwards here.