Rep. Steve Cohen on the Hot Seat over remarks about the Republicans.

waynesan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Flipping thru cable last night, accidentally caught that interview. Later in the interview, Cohen also stood by his earlier comments that Tea Party people are basically KKK without hoods.

TN elects such classy guys!

A quick look at the TN district 9 map wil show you why Cohen can say the things he does. Link here: Tennessee

He was preceeded by the great Harold Ford; and endorsed by Nobama, himself in 2010. Cohen won the 2010 race with 74% of the vote.

Data here:

U.S. House - District 9 - General Tennessee - 170 of 170 Precincts Reporting - 100% NamePartyVotesVote %check.gif Cohen , Steve (i) Dem 99,801 74% Bergmann , Charlotte GOP 33,872 25% Sullivan , Sandra Ind 673 0% Steele , Perry Ind 528

Link for data here: 2010 Tennessee 9 District House Elections Results - Politics Daily - Politics News, Elections Coverage, Political Analysis and Opinion.

In my opinion, Cohen can get by with saying anything he wants to; right up to and including that the Tea Party and the Republicans are responsible for Christ's crucifiction.

Cohen's problem is that he can't get anywhere saying this stuff in a majority republican state like Tennessee. He can get re-elected because of the politics of the inner city; and that's all he cares about anyway.

Until folks get tired of demigogues like Cohen, they will be consigned to be saddled with people like him. The people of the 9th Tennessee District deserve better than trash like Cohen; they evidently just dont know it. I say; let 'em keep on liking him; and let him keep talking. More and more folks are listening to this stuff; and getting mad over it.

Food for thought.

leroy

Appropriate art work here: 1727.jpg

Translation: "....The people's dreams have come true...". Courtesy of Uncle Joe Stalin's boys.

Edited by leroy

His predominately black district elected him over a black female republican, Charlotte Bergman.

How do you know Cohn is saying something stupid? He opens his mouth. He is the poster child for this.

How do you know Cohen is saying something stupid? He opens his mouth. He is the poster child for this.

You ain't kidding. Remember when he stood on the floor of congress and compared Obama to Jesus and Palin to Pontius Pilate? He's a ****ing 'tard. And our fellow Memphians idiots keep voting him back in. :roll:

Guest 85rx-7gsl-se

A good friend on mine from law school has actually been on of Steve Cohen's main campaign organizers the last two elections. While not a fan of all of Cohen's policies I never disliked him until those comments he made about the Nazis trying to play on the "I'm Jewish so I know what I am talking about" card.

A good friend on mine from law school has actually been on of Steve Cohen's main campaign organizers the last two elections. While not a fan of all of Cohen's policies I never disliked him until those comments he made about the Nazis trying to play on the "I'm Jewish so I know what I am talking about" card.

Maybe you should pick your friends more carefully!

This will step on several toes here, but given election results in my lifetime, I'd say that people in Memphis shouldn't be allowed to vote or be represented any longer. Perhaps we should rechannel the Mississippi River to the east of Memphis and force Arkansas to take it.