Knox Gun Show

Guest rebeldrummer

wish i could make it...got called into work!!! not happy...lazy people kill me. late on monday, off early on fri and who knows about saturday!!! more money for guns i guess. maybe i will catch you guys if possible? where is the hang out spot?? hot dog stand???? Im sure ill be hungry !! HA HA HA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Classickbass
Usually 9-4 on Sunday.

Jacobs Building, Chilhowee Park, Knoxville. (the TVA fairgrounds)

Out Magnolia Ave. past Cherry Street at end of 5th Avenue, or from Rutledge Pike exit off I-40 Eastbound. Same general turf as Knoxville Zoo, which is on the edge of the property closest to the interstate.

- OS

Thank you, sir.

Guest smayhew22

I just recently moved to Knoxville and became a resident last week. I am planning to go to the show tomorrow morning as I am looking for a new carry .40, but I am wondering if anyone knows if they offer a HCP course at the show? Due to a very strenuous school/work schedule the only day I can take a class would be Sunday and I have not had a lot of luck finding a class elsewhere on Sundays. Anyway just curious hope to see some of you there tomorrow.

Yep, good to see everyone, only reason I really went.

Show was almost exact clone of the one there on New Year's Day.

'Bout same prices, too. Lots of the non-Glock 33 round mags there for $20 each.

Although there was one guy hawking plastic 10 round Saiga shotgun mags for $50, as that's the other rumored ban.

I bought some nylon strapping/buckles for a pack modification, that's it.

- OS

the only difference I saw was that you did not spend 45 minutes showing that one knife vendor your walking around collection of sharpened steel. :lol:

No but he did have them all out at one point or another.

It was a fun morning, great to hang out with guys and wade the BS together.

I just recently moved to Knoxville and became a resident last week. I am planning to go to the show tomorrow morning as I am looking for a new carry .40, but I am wondering if anyone knows if they offer a HCP course at the show? Due to a very strenuous school/work schedule the only day I can take a class would be Sunday and I have not had a lot of luck finding a class elsewhere on Sundays. Anyway just curious hope to see some of you there tomorrow.

Austins Tennessee Firearms in Oak Ridge is a forum sponsor and, if I recall correctly, have a Sunday class about once a month.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Guest smayhew22

Yea, I just moved here from Florida to go to UT and I know they always had them there, I would prefer to go a class somewhere that I will get some info from, as I am new to the state.

Thanks for the info about Austins, thats perfect! I am always wary of gun show courses because of the way they run you throught like cattle just to make some money. Austins does in fact have a sunday class, thanks again for the info!

Edited by smayhew22

There are no classes offered at shows around here. You can call up any local gun store and they should be able to give information on what's available. As mentioned, Austins in Oak Ridge is an excellent choice. There are at least half a dozen options around the area.

Good to see everyone at the show today.

I would like to meet and greet with a few of you. I'll be there Sunday morning and I wont be hard to miss.. I'll be wearing a black ball cap that says " dont ask me for s#$t" I wont be there long as Im simply going back to get some ammo and considering a new toy. Hope to see ya then

'

Tell you what I noticed was people with BO. I mean just plain stinky, smelly people. Good god do people quit bathing in Knoxville in the winter?

I don't think the weather has anything to do with it.....sadly.

I've been walking through that show in the middle of march and people still reek !

I guess you can call me weird but I try not to leave the house with a case of rotten crotch. And smelling like a turd doesn't make someone's turd deal more appealing !!

Tell you what I noticed was people with BO. I mean just plain stinky, smelly people. Good god do people quit bathing in Knoxville in the winter?

I heard that, i walked behind one guy who literally smelled like horse ****, literally. I just had to turn a go the other way

My wife mentioned there was a lot of people there with BO when we were there yesterday. There does seem to be a lot. The other is the person who either let one go or actually **** themselves and figured no one would know in the crowd. Those are the ones who really disgust me. I understand one might sqeak out but some of them clear isles and they should have know one was building long enough ahead of time to walk outside.

I am not sure why but the Chilhowee show brings out a different group of people as well, kind of like a low budget version of the Expo show. There are the regulars who attend both shows, those that only attend the Expo Center show and then there are those who only attend the Chilhowee show. I have been to every show in Knoxville for the last two years and there are plenty of familiar faces at each as well as unique to each. I can honestly say I have seen and heard more BS talkers at the Chilhowee show than there ever was at the Expo Center show.

Dolomite

I went yesterday around noon, and quickly remembered why the Expo Center is a much better venue. The place was mobbed, and just trying to get around all the columns was a real pain. Plus, I didn't see anything that was really priced to sell.

I went yesterday around noon, and quickly remembered why the Expo Center is a much better venue. The place was mobbed, and just trying to get around all the columns was a real pain. Plus, I didn't see anything that was really priced to sell.

I didn't make this one, but went to the last one and I agree. Sellers need to remember that people don't pay $10 to go to shows to pay retail. If I want to pay retail for a gun, I'll just go to my local dealer and save the money.

I had my wife and 4 year old son with me Saturday and couidn't even look at anything for watching after them. Had to carry my son the whole time. Before some one says it is no place for a 4 yr old, I believe it's never to early to introduce them to the shooting sports. We do everything as a family. My wife is my shooting partner also. As far as a show comparision, I enjoy the Expo much better. I think for my gun purchases in the future I'll stick to fine sellers on this forum and my local gun shop, Mike's Gun Shop in New Tazewell. Cheap plug for a good shop.

Guest tnfireman

Hillbilly, You won't hear me bashing you for taking your son to a gun show. I did the same thing, granted it does get tiring carrying them around all day. My son will be 18 this summer and gun shows are still a favorite way for him to hang out with me. It is even better when my dad comes along too.