First handgun...

Parrothead

Guest The Highlander

Ruger Mk II Target. Still have it. I don't sell guns, especially those as good as my Mk II.

Parrothead, I wish that wasn't your grandfather's gun, 'cause I sure would like to talk you out of it!

The Highlander

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest josh123
Congratulations! I've got an LCP and love it. Post a report.

download?fid=Inbox&mid=1_5910_AGLPjkQAAI83TVc0%2FApvaypXyhU&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1297561076824&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1

got it today and put 4 mags through it...6 of the hornady critical defense, and 18 of the americal eagle FMJs no issues whatsoever and i love it..now what to buy next ha??

Edited by josh123
download?fid=Inbox&mid=1_5910_AGLPjkQAAI83TVc0%2FApvaypXyhU&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1297561076824&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1

got it today and put 4 mags through it...6 of the hornady critical defense, and 18 of the americal eagle FMJs no issues whatsoever and i love it..now what to buy next ha??

Great job! Head on over to elsiepeaforum.com for everything you could possibly want to know about your new gun. The only change I made to mine was installing a 13# recoil spring to replace the factory 9#. I would also consider carrying some DoubleTap 95gr FMJ (or comparable FMJ) for defense. Penetration matters a lot with these little guys.

Guest josh123
Great job! Head on over to elsiepeaforum.com for everything you could possibly want to know about your new gun. The only change I made to mine was installing a 13# recoil spring to replace the factory 9#. I would also consider carrying some DoubleTap 95gr FMJ (or comparable FMJ) for defense. Penetration matters a lot with these little guys.

i think the only thing i might do is add some white "glow" paint to the sights..i know this is a point and shoot gun but when practicing i want to make sure im lining up right and make it habit

Guest Tnbusarider

S&W model 66 .357 mag. I was 19 years old and my mom signed for it! Sadly I traded it for a Colt 1991A1,which I traded for a Sig P225. I was able to get a 2.5 inch 66 police trade in a few years ago, and it is better than the first 66! My daughter made me put it in the will to her, so no trades with this on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

My first gun was also a Hi-Point .45. It was there what I could afford when I needed to get a gun in the house. I sold it about 6 months later, didn't have any problems with it, just used the cash to upgrade to a carry gun.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Short answer....Walther PPK-380.

I aquired in trades and debt payments several handguns when I was younger but the thought of carrying them never entered my mind, I did not even shoot them very much. They were all also traded or sold a long time ago. The one that sticks out in my memory was a late 1950's Colt 45 with Mother of Pearl grips.....I do wish I had kept that one.

When it became time to start carrying a few years ago due to an injury I did not know for sure just how much gun I could handle, I shot a 380 at my range and then bought the first gun that was aquired because I actually wanted a gun. It was the Walther PPK-380.

I have since been able to move up a bit to a 9mm and can control those just fine but I have no desire or intention of getting one of the newer really small ones like the LC9. I would love to carry a 45 but they hurt me to shoot and I simply can not get back on target very well with one.

I still have the PPK and will keep it forever just because it was my first EDC.

The PPK, (for me anyway) is too heavy and large for a BUG so it does not get carried anymore but does get shot. My current carry is the Ruger SR9 or the 'c' model and a Sig P238 for a BUG.

I also have an SP-101 that I like to keep within reach at all times, but just like the 45's I can not shoot it very well with 357 loads so I keep it full of Horady CD 38's.

The first I ever bought was a Bersa Thunder .380 for my wife. We used to live in a bad area and I worked nights. Now it only gets fired twice a year by me when I clean it.

The first I got myself was a Ruger Mark II with a bull barrell. Still have it and expect to teach my grandkids (some day) to shoot with it. It still gets used at least once a month.

Ruger P94 in 40S&W. Big, heavy, and 100% reliable. Sold it to fund the purchase of a more practical carry gun when I got my HCP.

Kind of wish I would've kept it, but I think that about every gun I've sold.

My first was a Colt King Cobra 6" barrel stainless my father bought me when i turned 16yo, he took me to Jims Pawn and Gun in Wilmington, NC, remember it like it was yesterday, I loved that gun, think he paid little over $400 for it, it was early 1990's, speaking of times have changed... we use to have a shooting team at my school also, this was middle school 6th-7th-8th grades, not sure if they're still around...shot target .22, bow, and skeet...