My Reborn Custom Kahr MK9 - 1911 Style

xRUSTYx

This is my MK9. When I got her, she was mechanically sound, but she had definitely seen better days. After a few PM's back and for with Brandon (Mid TN Gunsmith) we decided to add a bit of 1911 character to her. Polishing the flats & media blasting the rounds and top of the slide.

Before: (Wish I had some better pics, but you get the idea)

Smudge1.jpg

Smudge2.jpg

Smudge3.jpg

Smudge4.jpg

AND ... The AFTER ... or as I like to say ... The Rebirth of the MK9 :cool: (The straight on shots don't do the polished any favors -- too much glare. The lay downs, you can really get a feel for just how shiny she is)

5.jpg

MK9-4.jpg

6.jpg

MK9-8.jpg

MK91.jpg

MK9-7.jpg

MK9-2.jpg

I couldn't have asked for anything better. Shout out to Brandon for a GREAT job!

** Shameless Plug For Brandon **

Brandon's website is: Middle Tennessee Gunsmithing

Edited by xRUSTYx
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show pics of your lightbox. :D

Is that black plastic or glass over paper? What material is the back drop?

haha ... I can try & get some pics of the lightbox. Its just a cheapy from ebay. We use it daily for my business products. What we figured out ... It really doesn't matter what type of light box you have, assuming you have enough light. Its all a matter of what's INSIDE the lightbox :)

As for most of our photos ... They are either taken on black plexiglass or sheets of colored carbon fiber :)

Dude... I don't even LIKE Kahr's, and now I want one bad!! Awesome!

haha ... why don't you like Kahrs? Wasn't a fan of DAO guns, even after owning both. 500 rounds later, and DAO is my favorite type now :) I'm a huge fan of Kahs & XD's :)

Excellent job! Another good reason to get a metal gun over plastic. Did he polish the internals as well?

Cheers,

ts

Nope ... Kept everything internal stock ... She was the perfect shooter to begin with and didn't want to do anything that might compromise that :)