Franklin realtor wins 'Top Shot' reality show

Fyrguy

(This may have already been posted but I couldn't find anything in a search)

FRANKLIN — Franklin resident Chris Reed is the "Top Shot."

The self-proclaimed “country boy from the cotton fields of the Mississippi Delta†outdid 15 skilled competitors in a battery of grueling challenges to win a $100,000 prize package on HISTORY's "Top Shot.â€

In its second season, "Top Shot" pits 16 of the nation's major shooters against each other in various challenges. Those who hit targets accurately advance in the competition, while those who miss the bull's-eye are eliminated.

The 37-year old Realtor was up against formidable competition: a 10-time NRA pistol champ, a cop, an Air Force sniper, a Bronze Star recipient and marksmen from four branches of the military, among others. Weapons ranged from Tommy guns, sniper rifles and .44 Magnums to tomahawks and blow guns.

Prior to "Top Shot," Reed was runner up in Field & Stream’s 2009 Total Outdoorsman Challenge and winner of numerous state and national championships in both archery and long rifle. He is a Marine Corps honor graduate.

Reed still hasn't decided how he wants to spend the $100,000 prize package but says he will “most likely invest in furthering his children’s education.â€

Franklin realtor wins 'Top Shot' reality show | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Not because he was from TN(but that didn't hurt), I liked him from the start. Good ole

country boy puts them badasses down. I missed the last show, but On Demand has it.

If he lives in Franklin, why the heck ain't he a member here? Gun lover, pppfffttt. If he was, he'd be a member here at the most prestigious forum for TN gentlemen.

F'n hilarious, get some red smoking jackets with TGO on them. Welcome to the gentlemen's club.

Not taking anything away from him, but the air force sniper gave him the slot in the final showdown.

I think he felt selfish since he was just going to spend the money on guns and such since he was single and that Chris was going to spend it on his kids.

Still Chris smoked gunny in the end.

Guest rebeldrummer

I was pumped about him winning...he was one of my picks from the beginning.

I don't like how everything played out with that Jamie guy.

He deserved more respect then he was given...

I liked Chris and the cop (Daryll?) and hated George and "golf boy" from the start.

Hated the way they treated Jamie.

I'm still on the fence about George giving up. Part of me wonders if he was protecting his ego, expecting to lose to Gunny or maybe I just dislike him so much I can't give him credit for doing something selfless.

Guest rebeldrummer
I liked Chris and the cop (Daryll?) and hated George and "golf boy" from the start.

I'm still on the fence about George giving up. Part of me wonders if he was protecting his ego, expecting to lose to Gunny or maybe I just dislike him so much I can't give him credit for doing something selfless.

I'm totally with you....I agree he pulled the pistol shot but think he CHOKED on the sharps shot!! Then did his best to cover it up and soothe his ego! Dude was a jerk from the begining. Yes he had skills, his attitude and personality just sucked.

Guest 73challenger

I wasn't a fan of Jay at the start either. However, when everyone started being a huge jerk to him, I was rooting for him. Also, I thought the way they treated Jamie was stupid. Show some respect and be nice to people.

I was pumped about him winning...he was one of my picks from the beginning.

I don't like how everything played out with that Jamie guy.

He deserved more respect then he was given...

I wasn't a fan of Jay at the start either. However, when everyone started being a huge jerk to him, I was rooting for him. Also, I thought the way they treated Jamie was stupid. Show some respect and be nice to people.

Yep. The way they ganged up on Jamie was childish and petty. Too bad there wasn't a way for them all to lose.

• Admin Team

I only saw the finale this season, and only then caught it because I walked in when my wife was watching it.

I liked the Gunny's comment at the end about a Gunny being beaten by a old Lance Corporal. Give credence to the Marine's saying that every Marine is a rifleman.

Me too...all the above.

Guest UberDuper

I don't think George threw it for Chris but he wanted to give Chris a sporting chance. I think he choked on the sharps and didn't regret it.

Of all the weapons on the show, that Sharps '74 is the only one I want. Someday I'll order a Shiloh.

Of all the weapons on the show, that Sharps '74 is the only one I want. Someday I'll order a Shiloh.

I think I heard one of them say during the "after show" that the Sharps they shot felt like it had a half pound trigger. Allowing for exaggeration, are they all like that?

Guest BEARMAN

Since before Tennessee became a state, it has been known for producing some of the finest marksmen in the world.

Davy Crockett and his doomed clan from Tennessee, Alvin C.York, Andrew Jackson; and now Chris Reed from Franklin, Tennessee.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

I think I heard one of them say during the "after show" that the Sharps they shot felt like it had a half pound trigger. Allowing for exaggeration, are they all like that?

I believe the Sharps they were using had the double set triggers, so yes it could be down in the one pound range. Set triggers are a lot of fun.:woohoo:

Since before Tennessee became a state, it has been known for producing some of the finest marksmen in the world.

Davy Crockett and his doomed clan from Tennessee, Alvin C.York, Andrew Jackson; and now Chris Reed from Franklin, Tennessee.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

He grew up in Mississippi.

just like you as of two months ago right? right?

Ohhh, Okay. Because this account I am using doesn't say 2008 like yours, I'm not allowed to make any prideful comments about TGO. B) Kinda like white man claiming to be "real" americans because they been here longer than other people I think.:screwy: