jungle rules and anarchy on the streets

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I guess it is jungle rules and anarchy on the streets

We were passing through town this morning and two guys in a car alongside us were throwing objects at our car. Explosions kept hitting the windows and side of the car. At first we thought the windows were being broken so we called 911. We just kept forward focus not engaging in their behavior.

The 911 operator said to pull over and wait for the police. We said the guys were trying to get us to pull over making threatening gestures and were following us. We started to realize it must've been water or soda plastic bottles being thrown since the water started shedding off. After a couple of miles the other car went another way and stopped following us.

We were still on the line with the 911 operator who said to hang up and call the non emergency line. We called and that operator took the info and... most likely nothing happened.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you all are fine, but it sounds like you are attempting to get people fired up and lead this thread in a certain direction. Check back shortly. Someone will come along and give you what you want.

Several views and no comments. I guess everyone is wondering the same thing I am….. Is this a joke? What’s the punch line?

My interpretation is that he is trying to say that the knee-grows are taking over the streets.:)

Guest AmericanWorkMule

It isnt BS. It happened going through Nashville. Never mentioned a race of people because it didn't matter, although they happened to be caucasian. I was just trying to make a statement that it seems anything goes on the streets now. There are no consequences for acts of violence. Looking back, I guess it was unrealistic to expect anything to happen and that is exactly what aggressors count on. Realistically cops only have time to show up and make a report.

My dad was in the Marines in Vietnam and used to say "jungle rules." I remember as a little kid at a family cook out, an uncle who was a college wrestler once challenged my dad to a match as he grabbed him from behind and was picking him up to throw him down. So my dad just put his cigarette out in my uncles belly and said "Ok, but it is Jungle rules." Everyone was pissed at my dad but feeling sorry for my uncle who was the aggressor that was now crying in pain.

anyway...

Yo

I was just trying to make a statement that it seems anything goes on the streets now. There are no consequences for acts of violence.

Realistically cops only have time to show up and make a report.

As a former cop I don't think that's true. I cleared most of my cases if I had anything at all to work with.

Did you get a plate number, vehicle description, anything? Did you stop when you were safe and meet with the responding Officers?

Cops don't come to "make reports"; they come to start investigations.

I just have a hard time believing that if you were reporting an assault in progress the dispatcher told you to hang up an call the emergency number. If that is true she should be reprimanded and have her job explained to her again.

Guest mikedwood

Glad no one was harmed and it is crazy some of the stuff that happens about anywhere. I listen to the scanner a lot at night and it gets crazy sometimes and sometimes it's just STUPID the stuff people call in for.

I can't speak for any Police department cause I'm just a guy that likes to listen to the scanner from time to time and so far I only listen to KPD. It has certainly given me new respect for what they go through.

KPD sometimes they spend an hour or so only writing tickets, sometimes it's just the stupidest stuff you can imagine. Like someone calls about a neighbors cat bothering his chickens or someone won't leave or someone has been parked in a car to long, an alarm going off at a place where the alarm always goes off for no reason. Some of it just makes me laugh, some of it makes me upset that the best idea they can come up with is to have the police come to solve some stupid problem. People call them for all manner of things. But the KPD responds to it when they can.

Yet sometimes it's and all out scramble to get from one serious call to the next and on rare occasion they have to hold some calls that would have been a priority 20 minuites ago. As far as much investigation I seriously don't see how the patrol officers have the time.

If they have several calls in different directions of shots fired, person seen with a gun, someone stabbed, some guy and girl arguing and the guy is known to beat her and he carries weapons and a brawl smoewhere else they might have held or had to pass one someone throwing bottles at a car.

But if they had a cat stuck in a tree, accident with no injuries, loud music or some such they probably would have shown up.

Then if they did come and the bottle throwing had stopped, unless there were other witnesses it would probably fall into the he said, she said catagory and they could rattle the cage of the people that threw the bottles but that's about it, unless and until they start getting more calls of bottles being thrown at cars, even months later they don't forget usually.

Having said all that your story is just plain scary. I hope it doesn't happen to me.

My interpretation is that he is trying to say that the knee-grows are taking over the streets.:D

Hmm, I saw no reference to race....where did you come up with that?

I think he was saying there was an incident that would scare the crap out of you and the police responded with a lackluster response, either overwhelmed or uncaring.

I say it's B S, unless you really did call 911 and not call on your 1911 doing nothing. if so, then welcome to nastyville tn. just stop wining and nutup next time.

Explain. Just start shooting? At least the cops would have shown up for that :D

So, your interpretation is that if someone uses the word jungle there must have been Negros involved?

I apologize if you two gentlemen did not detect the sarcasm and comedic intent. Please find a soap box to stand on a bit farther from me. I am certain that Obama is doing something that requires your attention.

I apologize if you two gentlemen did not detect the sarcasm and comedic intent. Please find a soap box to stand on a bit farther from me. I am certain that Obama is doing something that requires your attention.

Oh okay I forgot :popcorn: meant you were being sarcastic. :D