S&W M&P 15-22 rifle

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCI mini mags were great in my first one. I am planning to use the CCI tactical .22 load in my new one. Very fun gun. If you have kids they will love it.

I saw these at a local shop but I am not going to spend the $30 per box they were asking. CCI Minimag solids are cheaper and have a better track record.

Dolomite

Guest rebeldrummer

I asked about these the other day at Bills, and he says that he gets nothing but positive feedback from them?

I'm very interested in this platform as well, just haven't made up my mind yet as to which manufacturer wiill get my $$

I saw these at a local shop but I am not going to spend the $30 per box they were asking. CCI Minimag solids are cheaper and have a better track record.

Dolomite

I got a pile of them from Midway USA when they first hit if I am not mistaken they were only $21 a box then. I just checked and they have it for $24 box of 375 now. I still have a good supply of mini mags that I purchased during the great Obama scare a couple of years ago.

Mine is awesome. It eats Federal bulk packs from Walmart just fine.
This +1. No need for Mini Mags in this gun. Quite possibly the favorite in my collection, and that's saying something given what all I've got in the safe.

Best .22 auto I've ever or probably will ever own.

Not sure if mine eats Remington because I would never use Remington Rimfire ammo ever again.

All day shoots Blazer and American Eagle without a hiccup.

I've run close to 10k rounds through mine.

Guest Drop

I've had mine for about six months now. Have put over 2,000 rounds through it without any hiccups (not counting the Remington .22 ammo). Federal and CCI ammo have worked flawlessly. I purchased a few more magazines for it and the kids love to shoot it even at local indoor ranges. They think of it as their own "M4" style rifle that they can shoot with dad.

I've had mine for about six months now. Have put over 2,000 rounds through it without any hiccups (not counting the Remington .22 ammo). Federal and CCI ammo have worked flawlessly. I purchased a few more magazines for it and the kids love to shoot it even at local indoor ranges. They think of it as their own "M4" style rifle that they can shoot with dad.

AWESOME . I told my son if he comes up with half of the money then I will come up with the rest (it is for him) . He is gonna start mowing grass for money . He is 13 yrs old .

There are great little rifles . My next door neighbor bought one of the early ones and had a ejector problem. Smith fixed it and it has been fine . I liked it so well I bought a used one at a gun show from someone who I just happened to know. He told me that it had the same problem and was repaired / updated by Smith.

I wish mine had the treaded barrel , but other than that I love it. I checked with Smith and they will change the barrel to the threaded one for 100.00 plus return shipping and return the old barrel as well. Not sure I will ever spend the money.

I've had mine about a year. I have had not problems and fees evrything to inclued Remington Golden Bullets and Agulia Sniper Sub Sonic 60 gr. I have four mags which are cheap. My son shoots it as fast as he can load them. It seems to go to the range every time. It is by far one of my favorites.

Y'all like this better than the colt M4 .22?

Way better.

One thing I dislike about the colt is the bolt holds open on the mag. The bolt release is fake on the colt. So when you pull the empty mag and put in another, you have to pull the charge handle because the bolt drops.

As with any Rimfire they are dirty buggers. Watch the YouTube video field stripping the M4 .22. I like shooting for hours and not cleaning for hours. The MP is as simple as it gets to take down.

Mileage may vary.