Just wondering... why so much on zombies on gun boards?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oaklands
Its buying into the PC crap, to be blunt. You can't say "lets mow down the ****ians or the ****s" or anything else without causing a stir. You cannot even say terrorists/extremists/etc, because that has "racial overtones" or implies killing of folks over their religion, etc. Zombies are safe: they are not real and can be used as a PC substitute for the real (or imagined) threats.

so you're saying it is politically incorrect for me to say I like killing rag headed zombies

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

so you're saying it is politically incorrect for me to say I like killing rag headed zombies

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Now if you were talking about Zombies who have just stepped out of the shower and who could have a "rag" or "towel" on thier head (or possibly once was there ie. still in a bathrobe ) then you would be politically correct.

• 4 weeks later...
True as well. However, some of us just really really like zombies and sometimes catch ourselves really hoping for an outbreak just to be able to test ourselves. Infantile? Maybe...but didn't Jesus say you had to become like little children? ;) Plus, how else can I justifiy my 900 rounds of 9mm to my wife???

yeah, that's what i was going to say. zombie outbreak is my reason for buying stuff my wife thinks we'll never use.

Everybody has touched on it, but someone mentioned the CDC getting in on it and that was going to be my point. Zombies represent everything going wrong. Not only do you have an enemy to engage, but you have power failure, supply shortages, food and water issues, etc. Zombies are an all purpose SHTF fall...thing.

Guest Victor9er
All this time I thought we were talking about actual zombies. It feels like the first time I found out the Easter bunny wasn't real.

Wait... what happened to the Easter Bunny?!?

:rolleyes:

At least we still have Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

I steal from the tooth fairy... At least that's what I was accused of when my son caught me trying to exchange the tooth under his pillow for some cash.

^^^

This is great, I also have told the same story.

I too was wondering what the zombie stuff was about I kinda figured it was the SHTF stuff but never really read into it. So if I have designed a plan and actually went over it with my family (we do SHTF drills) does that mean Im in the click and get apic bumper sticker and a patch?

So at our firearms school should we set up a curriculum for this subject matter? That would be awesome.

Bluewater Tactical Defense

I hope you guys take this zombie stuff seriously. If you are not prepared for the outbreak then it's your own fault. Don't come running to me for help. The 500 cans of Spam in my basement are for me and my family, not those who failed to sufficiently plan ahead.

Yes. I have food insurance so I'm prepared for months of the apocalypse.

BTW: No offense, but have you read the nutrition label on Spam? You will be dead after the 5th can! :screwy:

I have seen the theory put forth, before, that headshots with a .22 would be sufficient. I'm not so sure. It kind of depends on if simply damaging the brain, even a little, will kill them or not. Me, I'd rather err on the side of caution and assume that the brain must be mostly destroyed or, at least, significantly damaged. Think about it - judging by the (supposed) actions of zombies, it is likely that their higher brain functions have ceased, already, and it is probably just the more archaic portions (maybe the medulla oblongata or some, similar part) that is actually still functioning. As such, a .22 bullet in the forebrain would probably not even be a minor annoyance as that part of the brain would probably already be 'dead', anyhow.

Thing is, we don't know what type of zombie we're dealing with. The slow type like in "Dawn Of The Dead", or the aggressive type like in "Resident Evil." .22 may be sufficient if you're accurate.

As I have told my wife: "If I am prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse, I am prepared for anything."

In short is a lot more fun to think about a Zombie Outbreak than it is a flood or rioting. Hell, here in Knoxville it doesn't take anything more than the sky clouding up in December to cause panic and chaos in the streets.

Guest bkelm18

So at our firearms school should we set up a curriculum for this subject matter? That would be awesome.

Bluewater Tactical Defense

I think it would be awesome for a school to have a Zombie Defense Class maybe around Halloween.

Darn it Caster, you were told..."What happens in Zombie Apocalypse club, stays in Zombie Apocalypse club."...you can't go giving away the secrets like that.

Zombies are an acceptable metaphor for anything you'd like to discuss open war against. You can discuss specifics and tactics, ideas and what not, using the zombie as a proverbial whipping boy and not fear being labeled a dissident or anarchist or militia nut. Listing the things that zombies take the place of negates their utility so use your own imagination.

With the exception of topics such as this, most people are oblivious to the actual meaning and will instead just chalk it up to infantile silliness. The sheeple do not perceive as dangerous, the ones that prepare for a zombie apocalypse like they would for those who prepare for........other things

It's just another form of camouflage. Much like going out in public wearing blue jeans and a simple t shirt conceals you better than any camo fatigues.

Smoke, mirrors and innuendo.

• 2 weeks later...
Darn it Caster, you were told..."What happens in Zombie Apocalypse club, stays in Zombie Apocalypse club."...you can't go giving away the secrets like that.

......I know, that's why they kicked me out. I'm not allowed to play there anymore.;)

Zombies are really just a euphamism to take the focus off the real problems and danger we're about to face. A massive Sasquatch assault. All of his names from the four corners of the earth will unite into one militant force. Makes Zombies look like childs play.

The new apes movie is really just a cute inuendo paying respect to the great MagnaPed!!

Brad