TGO Regional Rendezvous Points

I'm personally gonna go it alone. Gotta think up some cool drifter costume so when I walk into towns people know I'm different and mysterious. Kinda like Mad Max meets Roland Deschain.

I used to feel that way, and in my heart of hearts, I'd still like to. Unfortunately, you'll just be a payday for a larger group. I sincerely hope not! I'm just being realistic. You just keep your head down, hear?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family and I are in. I have several like minded neighbors in the Smyrna area. We are currently planning on banding together and covering each other. I have 45 days food and 60 days water for my family and I am planning on doubling that asap. I am currently educating myself on bio sand water filtration. I have plenty of guns and ammunition for the wife and I both and my daughter is just now getting old enough to learn firearm basics. I need to get up to speed with Ham although I have a neighbor that is already a ham, I at least need a handheld. All that said, I agree if the SHTF then a like minded community effort is gonna have the best chance of weathering the storm. I will help anyway I can.

Guest bkelm18
I'm personally gonna go it alone. Gotta think up some cool drifter costume so when I walk into towns people know I'm different and mysterious. Kinda like Mad Max meets Roland Deschain.

I'm sure you'll get all the post apocalyptic hookers. :crazy:

Guest brandon_pitt
My family and I are in. I have several like minded neighbors in the Smyrna area. We are currently planning on banding together and covering each other. I have 45 days food and 60 days water for my family and I am planning on doubling that asap. I am currently educating myself on bio sand water filtration. I have plenty of guns and ammunition for the wife and I both and my daughter is just now getting old enough to learn firearm basics. I need to get up to speed with Ham although I have a neighbor that is already a ham, I at least need a handheld. All that said, I agree if the SHTF then a like minded community effort is gonna have the best chance of weathering the storm. I will help anyway I can.

My wife and I are in the Smyrna area as well, we'd like to get in on this.

Guest clownsdd

Interesting, I would be in.

Gotta watch out though, I'd be willing to bet some libby or gubment official could construe these discussions as organizing a militia.

Thoughts?

On our street, the neighbors all know each other. Only one house on the street has a basement and several of us have the key for tornado response, and we all chip in blankets and bottled water and stuff so we're not leeches.

Neighbors with the same caliber can set up a purchase of spam can ammo, and such.

When stuff goes to heck in a handbasket in other countries, the street by street armed neighborhood watches keep each other's houses from burning. That's like infantry. You know, to hold out against zombies.

There are also small groups, organized around SUVs or pickup trucks, that are more mobile to head off threats. That's like cavalry. You know, to seek out the zombie threat.

Both are really needed. It's hard to move the women and children, but you don't want to meet the zombie threat for the first time on your street.

A relationship with local level law enforcement is essential, if federal and state fail, or become zombies themselves.

• Administrator
Interesting, I would be in.

Gotta watch out though, I'd be willing to bet some libby or gubment official could construe these discussions as organizing a militia.

Thoughts?

This is no more a militia than a Parent Teacher Organization is a plot to throw over a school. All we are talking about here is a way for folks to band together and help one another out in times of emergency. I can see this being useful during ice storms, after tornadoes, etc. Sure it will be nice to have friendly faces available if the world goes to sh#t but it's not entirely about that.

As for me, depending on day of the week and time of day you'll find me either near Smyrna or near West End in Nashville.

As for me, depending on day of the week and time of day you'll find me either near Smyrna or near West End in Nashville.

Do you shoot at Haffners regularly, or do you shoot somewhere else? Not meaning to be nosy, just wondering if you frequent the place.:)

• Administrator
Do you shoot at Haffners regularly, or do you shoot somewhere else? Not meaning to be nosy, just wondering if you frequent the place.:)

When I get a chance to shoot, I prefer his range. I hate shooting indoors.

This is no more a militia than a Parent Teacher Organization is a plot to throw over a school. All we are talking about here is a way for folks to band together and help one another out in times of emergency. I can see this being useful during ice storms, after tornadoes, etc. Sure it will be nice to have friendly faces available if the world goes to sh#t but it's not entirely about that.

This is community organizing. Obama should love it. :)

Guest TackleberryTom
This is community organizing. Obama should love it.

Haha. Somehow I don't think he had THIS in mind.

I totally agree. Some friends and I have discussed this for a while. My own group has medical personnel and supplies as well as farm supplies and plenty of firepower. I have all the machinery and power capabilities as well as a portion of the firepower and ammo support. Been planning since 2008.

I'd be interested. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be as many folks over this way that think about it. One of my buddies and I have been considering/half joking about moving around Mid-Tn and splitting some land for this very thing.

I'd like to get with some people in my neck of the woods, er, city...

Would anyone like to get together and share some knowledge with other members before it's too late? I don't think I'd have much to offer in the way of survival experience but would like to get with a group of people and learn. Does anyone have a place to gather? Does anyone an area of expertise they like to pass on? Military, medical, outdoorsmen..... anybody? I mean if people with less to offer enter a group, it will just make things harder for the original members.

I think a meetup like this has been established before. I'm thinking that at least some of the people on here are in the same boat I'm in on the matter. Outside of ex-military and a few ethusiasts, a lot of people are relying on books, movies, and forums to learn possibly life saving skills. Trying them out before you need them is pretty important.....

Members that want to attend could give some examples of what they'd like to learn or what they could teach. If everyone chipped in a few bucks/materials we could learn these things before they're needed. Maybe ammo for some shooting, food for open fire cooking or preserving methods, etc.... Maybe I should have started another thread....... lol

I'd drive an hour or two if we could get a gathering together. Does anyone have or know of a place a group could camp, cook, shoot weapons and things like that?

It's not illegal to shoot an automatic weapon if the person thats owns it, owns it legally and is there is it? I might know a guy who has a couple, if we get this together he might bring some out. This is where the chipping in would help. Fully automatic rifles usually aren't cheap to shoot....

I'm gonna start a thread and see if we could get some people interested......