Carrying in General

I'm just curious what you guys carry and how in your day to day life. For example:

I carry a Ruger LCP with CT in Galco Pocket Holster in strong side (left) front pocket.

Wallet rear strong side pocket

Spyderco Tenacious clipped onto rear strong-side pocket

iPhone 4 weak side front pocket (along with whatever I pick up, change, cards, etc...)

Car/house keys clipped on a Niteize S-Binder weak-side on a belt loop and tucked into rear pocket.

I would love to carry the knife on my strong side front pocket along with the LCP but the knife will get in the way of a potential draw of the firearm, and that's not okay... I'm just curious what you guys do. I'd really like to replace the Tenacious with either an Emerson, or a Spyderco with the Emerson wave opening thingy...

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I usually carry:

XDm 9mm on strong side (right). If I dont care if anyone sees my gun I'll use a OWB serpa holster. If I want to go more concealed I got a IWB I use also from time to time, & if I use the IWB I carry on my appendix. If I use the serpa I carry at about 3:30 position.

I carry a Smith & Wesson Homeland Security knife clipped to my weak side (left) pocket.

Wallet in right back pocket. If I'm somewhere where I feel uncomfortable (in a large group of people) & think I might get pick pocketed I put my wallet in my front right pocket.

I usually carry a pen, my keys, & a comb in my front right pocket also. I usually carry a pack of gum in my left pocket with my knife. :(

My cell phone is in a holder on my left side, opposite my gun. I have an Android phone though. I dont care too much for Apple.

Edited by ArmaDeFuego

I'm still too new to have decided on what I'm going to do on a regular basis... but as of right now my LCP rides in my rear left pocket in a pocket holster. I'd wear it on the right, but I have to have my wallet there (old habit/OCD thing). Hopefully, IWB holster that's in route via usps will allow me to carry my LC9 right side, and on a regular basis. The LCP is really small enough to carry anywhere, so it'll probably be with me too.

Guest msparks

Glock 26 in a serpa or sometimes a MIC holster. (right side) or an XD45c in a Serpa or an SP101 in a IWB holster

Left side Blackberry Bold

Left side front pocket Knife, usually a bucklite or a Benchmade or sometimes a Neck knife if I don't want something in my pocket.

Left front pocket keys with Fenix PD torch (CR123A)

Right front pocket small wallet

Left hip spare mag (sometimes depends what I'm wearing.

I mix IWB and OWB but lately have been exclusively OWB because it pretty much conceals equally, at least 95% as well.

Comp-Tac Gun Belt, Milt Sparks Axiom, S&W Compact ES 1911, spare mag in Comp-Tac carrier on weak hand side. S&W M&P spring loaded locking knife clipped in weak side pocket with money clip/wallet thingy, keys/phone in right pocket.

I really like my XDsc 9mm so I do the same with it on some days in lieu of the 1911. If I'm going to be out at night time I carry my Fenix PD30 light. If I can't carry the pistols, I'll have the knife and light.

Guest WingMan380

Bersa 380 either OWB in a Glaco MX7 holster or IWB in a Kholster strong side (right). Carry at 3:30-4:00

RF pocket, Gerber knife clipped to the inside of the pocket

LF pocket, loose change

LR pocket, wallet

Keys on a carabiner left side belt loop

Blackberry curve in a otterbox clipped to left side hip, occasionally will clip phone on right side in front of gun.

I have a Uncle Mike's pocket holster I use mainly for around the house. Normally keep it in my recliner so I can have something to slip the pistol into then tuck it between the seat and arm while I'm relaxing watching TV or on my laptop.

I can not carry at work so I have a backpack I take to work with me (has my laptop, papers, files,....) and I have a holster attached inside one of the front pockets so when I get to work, I slip my gun into that holster, remove the one off my belt and throw it under the seat of my truck or in the saddle bag of my bike depending on what I take to work that day.

Strong-side: CZ P-01 w/ CTL in a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Benchmade clipped in front pocket with iPhone

Weak-side: Kel-Tec P-32 in front in a DeSantis pocket holster, wallet in rear, an 18-round mag from my Shadow IWB in a leather pouch w/ clip that I made myself and keys clipped to belt loop w/ a carabiner

I carry a Glock 22 in a Tagua friction holster OWB on my right side, about 3:00.

I like to carry a spare magazine in a Blackhawk magazine pouch on my weak side, @ about 10:00.

Keys worn @ 11:00 weak side.

Cell phone worn @ 9:00 on weak side.

Wallet worn in weak side rear pocket.

Right now I'm carrying a Ruger sp101 with oversized hogue rubber grip in a DeSantis Nemesis. I initially got the holster to try out front pocket carry, but I like it a lot better at 5:30 iwb (both waistbands) and secured with a better bdu belt. I always carry a decent folding knife either in my front pocket or clipped 2-3:00 (iwb, both, again) that's what works best for me in summer clothing.

Glock 22 IWB right side in a crossbreed supertuck, Ruger LCP in a Desantis Nemisis or Superfly pocket holster, right front pocket; keys (monkey fist and ASP Palm Defender) in left front pocket; cell phone clipped to belt. Extra mags in jacket or cargo pockets if applicable.

I don't always carry the Glock (depends on what I'm wearing, where I'm going), but I carry the LCP everywhere it is legal.

I'm just curious what you guys carry and how in your day to day life. For example:

I carry a Ruger LCP with CT in Galco Pocket Holster in strong side (left) front pocket.

Wallet rear strong side pocket

Spyderco Tenacious clipped onto rear strong-side pocket

iPhone 4 weak side front pocket (along with whatever I pick up, change, cards, etc...)

Car/house keys clipped on a Niteize S-Binder weak-side on a belt loop and tucked into rear pocket.

I would love to carry the knife on my strong side front pocket along with the LCP but the knife will get in the way of a potential draw of the firearm, and that's not okay... I'm just curious what you guys do. I'd really like to replace the Tenacious with either an Emerson, or a Spyderco with the Emerson wave opening thingy...

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I don't always carry the same weapon but my most usual carry method is with a Crosbread Supertuck on my strong side and a spare mag and tactical flashlight on my weak side in a double mag pouch. When more concealment is important and/or clothing or activity doesn't permit my usual carry method, I carry the same items in a leather "daily planner" that is constructed to serve as a carry device.

My primary backup gun is a Ruger LCR in a pocket holster.

Usual carry weapon is either a Glock 31 or 21.

Guest Eagle One

Kimber, Ultra Covert II .45 ACP, right side in a thumb break Tagua holster. Sometimes I cover it with a shirt sometimes I don't, today I covered it for a while and then for a while it just hung out. Sometimes I carry my M&P9c, sometimes I carry my SP101, sometimes I carry my Model 60 all in the same manner.

My Setup:

- FN FNX-9 with 17+1

After doing much research, I settled on this gun for mainly one reason - fully ambi controls. Being a left hander, I wanted something I could use without doing crazy adaptations with my hand.

- Blackhawk Serpa CQC for an HK P30

After an exhaustive search, this one is about a 98% fit! Only thing is the front sight rubs on the inside a tad.

I will be ordering a Crossbreed Supertuck soon, because the FNP holster fits my FNX and I'd rather wait for a quality product than buy an inferior product.

- 5.11 Leather Casual Belt

This made a huge difference with the Serpa.

September 10: Ordered Crossbreed Supertuck! The wait begins...

Carrying, you mean like a gun? P239

Isn't that illegal? SS IWB I mean against the Constitution or something? LCR

I'd never think of doing putting something like that in my right front pocket. Blackhawk # 4

I'm shocked! :)

What's next? Shotgun under the bed.