My New Sig 1911 POW/MIA Edition

Supposedly they are only making 500 of these sets. Just picked mine up from Coal Creek today.

It includes:

Pelican Hardigg Case(the only decent case Sig has used in a long time)

KABAR Fighting Knife with the POW/MIA "Never Forget" Logo and Sheath

Sig Stainless 1911 with custom POW/MIA Hogue Aluminum Grips, barbed wire runs along the slide, signifying the prisoner status of the POW. The American Flag graces the slide, symbolizing that “these colors don’t run.” Topping it all off: a pair of polished dog tags drapes the front sight, one reciting the Soldier’s Oath, the other “Not Forgotten."

(source: Sig Sauer)

Sorry for the pics...had to use the camera phone...but you get the idea...and yes im going to shoot this gun...probably not carry it though.

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

(build date of 9/9/11)

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
info
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I like that! Where did you find out about it? I didnt see it on Sigs web site,...at the risk of appearing to be overly nosy, around what are they going for?

ETA: I did more research and saw some of these online. Did you get the recall notice from Sig? Apparently these were mis manufactured and are full of deadly blow up in your face issues...Sig Sauer customer service says that if you have one, you should immediately send it to me for proper disposal...I will make the sacrifice to keep you safe...

Seriously, nice gun...I like it as much or maybe better than my 2 sig 1911s, and I love both of those!

Edited by barewoolf
Do you know if any of the money made of these is going to help recover missing soldiers/soldiers' bodies or anything?

Very, very nice piece either way.

Unfortunately no, but the first 2 were auctioned for charity.

I got mine from summitgunbroker.com mark is the man...price was $950 but Sig just just raised the dealer price. Projected msrp was supposed to be $1450 which considering the case knife and engraving And 500 set limit was reasonable....supposedly the dealer price was wrong on the first released and Sig is asking dealers to pay over $1000 now.

Well that is a pretty nice looking pistol, if any are still out there when I get around to buying again I may have to try and snatch one up. The POW/MIAs will never be forgotten and everyone will be reminded of that any time I pull up behind you. I refinished the bowtie on my truck with the POW/MIA symbol.

Thanks for the information, Magic. I'm going to get with Bill today and see if he has any help in the search. You've probably seen the 1195 opening price on the auction boards. Maybe I'm just too cheap, but I'm trying not to overpay for one.