Walmart SUCKS!

IggyBcool

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you can't do this for guns and/or ammo but awhile ago I was in Walmart to buy a certain cut of beef and there was none on display. So I waited for about 10 minutes and nothing. Twice in that time frame a clerk said he'd get someone to help me but no dice.

I finally just walked around the counter into the refrigerated meat area and started to look on my own. It took a few minutes but I found a cardboard box with about a dozen pieces of the cut of cow I wanted I grabed one and started to walk out. A manager type just happened to talk by as I exited and he got all in my face about going back there. I gave him my best dumb a$$ed look (I have much practice) and told him I thought it was self service.

goes without saying, that's why they get them special serial numbers.

Yeah they start with WM just so dealers will know they are made of paper mâché.

Just for the record I love Walmart. I buy where the price is lowest. And when you need it Walmart is always open.

Yeah they start with WM just so dealers will know they are made of paper mâché.

Just for the record I love Walmart. I buy where the price is lowest. And when you need it Walmart is always open.

It's the Great American Success Story. The American public has voted with it's patronage.

Seems everyone wants to penalize success, though. Tax the rich more, boycott Wal-Mart, whatever.

Actually, Wally's last few quarters have been record lows, which should tell ya just what a bind this country is in -- when folks can't afford Wally, well....

- OS

Wal-Mart is now selling Federal 9mm in 100 count "value packs" for only $19.99. As long as they continue to stock Federal at the price they will have my business. It's worth the crappy service IMO.

I'll buy those even if they are microstamped and factory seconds. :P

Walmart is funny that way - don't bother going in the evening or weekends if you don't want a hassle. Usually during busy hours there, they have someone at the sporting goods counter. Evenings and weekends, for some reason that person with the magic keys are hard to find. The Brentwood/Franklin Walmart is the best. The one on Nolensville at Nipper's Corner isn't bad either. I've gotten to know they guys at the counter at both of the stores.

Monarch at Academy is also cheap. Good thing at Academy is that there is always someone at the gun counter and they always seem to have 9mm in stock. They also are carrying 762X54 Nagant ammo as well!

Guest capt usa
Wal-Mart is now selling Federal 9mm in 100 count "value packs" for only $19.99. As long as they continue to stock Federal at the price they will have my business. It's worth the crappy service IMO.

Thanks for informing us on this, guess I'll have to suck it up and go back in.

Good luck if you ever want to sell those WM rifles. Most dealers won't touch them because they are serial numbered only for WM.

WM buys from a distributor not directly from the factory. WM will also show you their distributor book or tell you their distributor's website for you to place an order. WM will order anything you want from their distributor. The distributors do not have WM specific serial numbers. That is just more of the BS dealers say to try to compete with WM. If you got suckered into paying more for a gun because you were told it wasn't a WM gun then you need to go have a heart to heart with the dealer because he preyed upon your unrational fears.

These are the same dealers that were selling "pre June" ammo in 2009. They said that ammo made after June of 2009 had a 6 month shelf life. Which is more lies by crooked dealers. I watched one dealer selling, not asking, CCI Stingers for $27 a box. He was also selling Federal Ligthning for $6 a box.

We can put some of the blame on dealers but most of the blame centers on the buyers being ignorant and not doing research. It seems that there are more crazy gun myths. And it all comes from a story about my uncle's, cousin's, step brother who knew someone it happened to. I generally consider any story involving more than 2 family members as BS.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Guest capt usa
Way better than the parking lots at Academy though. At least that's what I hear.

You my friend owe me a new keyboard. Tea has found it's why onto mine.

Guest Victor9er
So as I'm standing in front of the ammo display, an associate walks past me without even acknowledging me. Okay I think. So I turn to get him and he freaking disappears in to thin air. So I go back and wait a few minutes. Nothing. So i go on up to the car center and have someone page someone to sporting goods. They page. Okay sweet I think to myself as I'm walking back. I wait there another five minutes. Then another five minutes. So I go back and have them page again. I walk back, and wait another 5 freaking full minutes before someone finally shows up. A little punk kid talking to his other punk kid coworker walks up and asks what I need and so I tell him. He then asks for my I.D. and tells me hes got it and tells me to head on up to the counter. I get to the counter, hes still got the box in his hand, rings it up before I even get a chance to look at the box. The total comes up to what it should be so I think alright everything should be good. I get to my house and take it out of the box, and what do I see? Instead of getting the 100rd Winchester Value Pack, I get the 50rd JHP. Awesome.

You could always go to Target instead.... oh wait...

:P

Guest Victor9er
Walmart is funny that way - don't bother going in the evening or weekends if you don't want a hassle. Usually during busy hours there, they have someone at the sporting goods counter. Evenings and weekends, for some reason that person with the magic keys are hard to find. The Brentwood/Franklin Walmart is the best. The one on Nolensville at Nipper's Corner isn't bad either. I've gotten to know they guys at the counter at both of the stores.

It's really not about WalMart itself, it's about the idiots that work in some of them. It's just a matter of finding the right people to deal with. Everyplace has idiots working for them... but there are so many WalMarts around ergo there will be more idiots working in them.

There are some WalMart employees that actually do know what they are talking about in their respective departments (I used to be one)... you just have to find them.

I have the local Walmart front end phone # in my contact list.

If I need help, and no one shows up in about two minutes, I call them.

I get *really*fast* response that way. Half the time, the CS manager answers, and it embarrasses the $h!t out of them.

(and I agree with earlier post...check the content of your bags at the counter; as often as not, I manage to walk off without a item I paid for)

B.

I usually just call from the phone that's on the counter, next to the register.

If I knew the intercom code, I'd just page an associate myself...(hint, hint).

I saw that today at my local WM. Bought the last three boxes they had.

Also learned something about ammo pricing, there.

I've noticed for a while that the Walmart near my house sells some types of ammo cheaper than the Walmart across town. I thought that this was a pricing error, and have been stocking up the "cheap" ammo, to take advantage of the "deals" before they figured out the pricing "error." For example, I've been buying the Federal 550-round .22 bulk packs for $15.95, while they're priced at $18.95 at the other store.

The guy at the sporting goods counter today let it slip that Walmart is charging more for ammo at stores that sell guns. So the pricing error wasn't really an error at all. They deliberately charge different prices. Why? God only knows. Perhaps it's to fool people like me into buying 30K-rounds of .22LR "before the price goes up."

So as I'm standing in front of the ammo display, an associate walks past me without even acknowledging me. Okay I think. So I turn to get him and he freaking disappears in to thin air. So I go back and wait a few minutes. Nothing. So i go on up to the car center and have someone page someone to sporting goods. They page. Okay sweet I think to myself as I'm walking back. I wait there another five minutes. Then another five minutes. So I go back and have them page again. I walk back, and wait another 5 freaking full minutes before someone finally shows up. A little punk kid talking to his other punk kid coworker walks up and asks what I need and so I tell him. He then asks for my I.D. and tells me hes got it and tells me to head on up to the counter. I get to the counter, hes still got the box in his hand, rings it up before I even get a chance to look at the box. The total comes up to what it should be so I think alright everything should be good. I get to my house and take it out of the box, and what do I see? Instead of getting the 100rd Winchester Value Pack, I get the 50rd JHP. Awesome.

I can see that happening there, lol. If you get the actual sporting goods clerk, it's usually not so bad. It's when people from other departments show up to cover that weird things start to happen.

I am also a fan of the Monarch ammo at Academy. I stock up on their .223 fmj (about $3.50 for 20 rounds)

The Dickerson Walmart in Nashville almost never has a clerk in Sporting Goods.

The Rivergate store pretty much always does.

Hendersonville (Indian Lakes) has been the fastest for me.

And yes I would rather support my local store (and I do with Gun purchases) but I'm not paying nearly double for equally crappy Ammo.

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. Being a starving grad student, I have a hard time supporting LGS, but Walmart is definitely the suck in some regards. FWIW, if no one's at the sporting goods section (always the case), I just walk over to auto parts. There's always someone there, they have the key, and I can walk them over to sporting goods rather then paging and hoping someone responds. P.S. I've never met a Walmart employee who knew anything about guns, so you have to really keep an eye on them.

Guest justluck
threads like this are a waste of space

You went to buy the cheapest ammo and got it at the cheapest store and your mad

cause the service stunk and you forgot to look at your purchase? Hmmmm,kids today !

:up:

Suggestion for the OP: Take it back and exchange it. Next time something bad happens, shoot the store an email, explain the problem and express your dissatisfaction ( And DON"T rant). A manager will call you about the problem and if you talk right, he/she may give you a $10 off on the next purchase. You win!!

:up:

Suggestion for the OP: Take it back and exchange it. Next time something bad happens, shoot the store an email, explain the problem and express your dissatisfaction ( And DON"T rant). A manager will call you about the problem and if you talk right, he/she may give you a $10 off on the next purchase. You win!!

I have never tried it, but a friend of mine had a similar experience (ended up with two boxes of 30-30 rather than 30.06). Anyway, he tried to exchange it, and they would not do exchange on ammo. Can't say that I blame them though.

Guest justluck
I have never tried it, but a friend of mine had a similar experience (ended up with two boxes of 30-30 rather than 30.06). Anyway, he tried to exchange it, and they would not do exchange on ammo. Can't say that I blame them though.

OK then, try the email thing. I can see your/their point on not doing an exchange.

I've always had pretty good experiences in the Dayton Walmart. Best prices on ammo around, and last may I purchased my Savage Edge .308 there. Cheapest price anywhere on it, and was out of there in under 30 minutes...of course as with any store...YMMV

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk