Walmart SUCKS!

IggyBcool

I don't go to Wally World much. I don't buy they're ammo either. I load most everything I shoot and .22 ammo I get at a real gun store. I got pissed back in the Summer this year when I tried to buy a small A/C from them and had a associate paged 2 times and they never came. I waited about 30 minutes too. I just don't have much use for'em.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't go to Walmart for great service, or to feel that I'm appreciated as a customer, or to ask for advice on anything. I go there because they have cheap ammo 24/7.OP, check your expectations and your attention to detail.

I don't go to Wally World much. I don't buy they're ammo either. I load most everything I shoot and .22 ammo I get at a real gun store. I got pissed back in the Summer this year when I tried to buy a small A/C from them and had a associate paged 2 times and they never came. I waited about 30 minutes too. I just don't have much use for'em.

Their not they're.

It's the Great American Success Story. The American public has voted with it's patronage.

Seems everyone wants to penalize success, though. Tax the rich more, boycott Wal-Mart, whatever.

Actually, Wally's last few quarters have been record lows, which should tell ya just what a bind this country is in -- when folks can't afford Wally, well....

- OS

^^^This, EXACTLY!

It amazes me as well how much some people hate and attempt to penalize success.

Let's face it, when my LGS wants $30 for the same box of ammo that WM has for $18, it's a no-brainer who gets my money. The honest truth is that I'd pay a $1-2 more to avoid going in WM, but the LGS can't be satisfied with such a small mark-up. So, I'll stick with just guying guns from the gun store (if I can't find what I want used).

Don't get me wrong, I hate waiting at the ammo counter too. So, I do what R_Bert says. I call them and ask for the CS Mgr or just stop by the service desk on my way into the store and tell them I need someone at the ammo (since I know they won't be there when I get back there).

And did they act like they appreciated your business and treated you well ?

Meh...they were rather busy talking to another guy about fishing which I understand because fishing is awesome but he did ring me up and answer my question about the Winchester Ranger T-Series rounds I wanted but they didn't carry them :)

Guest FatherVic
you mean you could not tell the difference between a 100 round wwb or a Winchester 50 round box? Really?

I say this is on you. You gotta know what you are getting.

I have to agree - man up and tell the kid you want to see it. Open your mouth and be heard or you are in for a rough life.

Thats pretty cold considering that the mom and pops can't get the same pricing or service from distributors

example I seen the M&P go buy soft drinks and other products at wally world because wally sells to the general public cheaper than the M&P can buy from the distributor

How man times have seen the coke, bread,milk,cigerette, etc rep from the dist .stocking the shelves or other free labor you won't see this at M&P. Big dist pay for self space and other "back room favors" I'm sure its the same for everything else fuel, clothing auto parts etc.

I've worked on both side of the industry I know

Mom & Pops were the backbone of the country and will soon be gone but its not because they were "weak or couldn't "adapt" it' s because they are playing against a stacked deck. Its everybody's choice but me I'll spend the extra pennies with someone I know rather go hang out in little mexico making the rich richer.

When ole Wally runs everybody out they may or may not sell what they want or at what price you want. How many times have you gone there for some particular that you wanted and they didn't have exactly what you wanted but something "similar" just the beginning.

:rant:Sorry its too early to get worked up for this

Yeah, what I said was cold. It's the cold hard truth.

The guy that lives across the street from me owns several gas stations. Back around 15 years ago or so, when all of the super-sized gas stations started popping up everywhere, he owned one little "country" gas station. you remember the type - the dirty walls, old hole in the wall kind of place.

well, one day Golden Gallon bought the piece of land directly across the street from him. Now, he knew that this was going to put him out of business so he decided to adapt so he could compete. He completely tore down his little hole in the wall place and built a super-sized place with lots of gas pumps, lots of open floor space, lots of products.

When Golden Gallon put in a Subway, he put in a Quiznos. Etc.

He now owns several gas stations and they all thrive.

About the same time, the old full-serv Amoco in Brainerd had the same thing happen to them. A Golden Gallon bought the piece of land directly across the street from them and up went a super-sized gas station.

The owner of the full-serve did not adapt and his business died.

You can cling to the way things used to be all you want but at the end of the day, the businesses that adapt to today's market will be the ones to survive.

01a474b92e5bb4fd7601508tf1.gif

Lol whats up with the wacky waving inflatable flailing arm tube man?

From what I saw it was what I wanted, pretty much the same box from what it appeared and I couldn't tell by judging the weight because there was other items in the same bag. Oh well live and learn I guess.

OhShoot says they have the best price on Mine 14's. Wouldn't mind picking one up.

$619 I think...It was either a mini 14 or 30...It was faced the other way so I couldn't see the caliber and the tag was not helpful.

Sounds about right, was $611 when I bought one there year and a half ago. Never known them to have a 30, but things can change.

Generally best year round price on their .30-30 and .44 Marlin lever guns, too. As I already mentioned, I even got the uber rare 1894 .357 there.

- OS

Thats pretty cold considering that the mom and pops can't get the same pricing or service from distributors

example I seen the M&P go buy soft drinks and other products at wally world because wally sells to the general public cheaper than the M&P can buy from the distributor

How man times have seen the coke, bread,milk,cigerette, etc rep from the dist .stocking the shelves or other free labor you won't see this at M&P. Big dist pay for self space and other "back room favors" I'm sure its the same for everything else fuel, clothing auto parts etc.

I've worked on both side of the industry I know

Mom & Pops were the backbone of the country and will soon be gone but its not because they were "weak or couldn't "adapt" it' s because they are playing against a stacked deck. Its everybody's choice but me I'll spend the extra pennies with someone I know rather go hang out in little mexico making the rich richer.

When ole Wally runs everybody out they may or may not sell what they want or at what price you want. How many times have you gone there for some particular that you wanted and they didn't have exactly what you wanted but something "similar" just the beginning.

:rant:Sorry its too early to get worked up for this

A LOT of Mom & Pop stores buy their commodity stocks in bulk from WalMart-owned Sam's Club and get a pretty good deal for it. And, the Sam's Clubs were set up to do the business-to-business stuff. They can't build the big box stores out in the sticks, so a lot of the smaller stores way out there drive into town and pick up a pick-up truck load of supplies to retail out in their community. It's like a warehouse for them. Is it a perfect world where small stores on the edge of profitability survive next door to Walmart? No. Is it an evil world where Walmart dominates all and runs the little guy off in every case? No. All businesses are involved in "Rent Seeking Behavior" where costs and profits drive decisions, large and small.

Guest Chattanoogan

Same thing happens to me at the Brainerd Walmart here in Chattanooga everytime I go in there. One time really stands out though. It was the day after Christmas. I waited 45 minutes for somebody to show up to open the ammo cabinet. Even after going over to Automotive and having somebody paged seven different times, on the 8th page I asked for a manager. When the manager finally showed up, i explained the situation, he wasnt sorry at all...

There shotgun shells arent locked away, only pistol and rifle ammo.

Guest Chattanoogan
Who waits 45 minutes?

Me. :-)

Its the closest and cheapest ammo I can find for target practice.... Next closest place is Sportsmans Warehouse, but they are a few dollars higher. Havent checked Academy's prices yet...

Me. :-)

Its the closest and cheapest ammo I can find for target practice.... Next closest place is Sportsmans Warehouse, but they are a few dollars higher. Havent checked Academy's prices yet...

what I meant was who has patience for that. It does not take that long for me to get noticed and dealt with.

Yeah, what I said was cold. It's the cold hard truth.

The guy that lives across the street from me owns several gas stations. Back around 15 years ago or so, when all of the super-sized gas stations started popping up everywhere, he owned one little "country" gas station. you remember the type - the dirty walls, old hole in the wall kind of place.

well, one day Golden Gallon bought the piece of land directly across the street from him. Now, he knew that this was going to put him out of business so he decided to adapt so he could compete. He completely tore down his little hole in the wall place and built a super-sized place with lots of gas pumps, lots of open floor space, lots of products.

When Golden Gallon put in a Subway, he put in a Quiznos. Etc.

He now owns several gas stations and they all thrive.

About the same time, the old full-serv Amoco in Brainerd had the same thing happen to them. A Golden Gallon bought the piece of land directly across the street from them and up went a super-sized gas station.

The owner of the full-serve did not adapt and his business died.

You can cling to the way things used to be all you want but at the end of the day, the businesses that adapt to today's market will be the ones to survive.

And what kind of business do you own ?

the are plenty of businesses around here that appear to be flourishing. Battery guy up the road, several stop and robs, IGA, deli, ice cream store, several auto repair shops, banks, drug stores. I am not sure how Wally is putting them in the gutter.

Is it only guns stores suffering?

And what kind of business do you own ?

One that indirectly competes with WM's portrait studio. (commercial photographer)

See, I can not compete with their untrained, min-wage, pimply faced button pusher. so instead of shooting family portraits for a price that I can not operate with, I shoot advertisements and other commercial stuff. http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee139/strickj/blushad.jpg

Adapt or die, et al.

Did you have a business that was shut down by wm?