Warning! Graphic Content: Beating of Autistic Child on school bus caught on tape

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

I was in tears when I saw what the bus driver and another lady on the bus were doing to this poor, defenseless child. How can anyone be so cruel and heartless?

How can you just inflict physical pain on someone who has never done anything to anyone, just because they're different? It's one thing to make fun of someone because they're different, but entirely outrageous to physically harm someone because of it.

I hope these 2 animals get what they have coming to them. I didn't see any mention of criminal charges in the article (and I hope there is) but I hope this guy wins his lawsuit and gets every dime.

Update: Suit alleges abuse of autistic child on school bus | Richmond Times-Dispatch

I really have to applaud the father for self-control and allowing the legal system to handle this. I don't know that I'd have had it if I were in his shoes and that were my son.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the story but I'm not going to subject myself to the video based on the comments. I will just say there is a special place in hell for those 2.

I'm not going to watch the video either... my BP is high enough as it is.

"Kilpatrick, though, said he had brought concerns to school officials nearly a year earlier after his son started showing signs of injuries and fears about riding the bus. Tapes of incidents during that time could not be located, according to the suit.The father said Wednesday during a phone interview that he was unable to get school personnel to respond to concerns that his son was being harmed when he first reported in November 2008 that Timothy was coming home with bruises and scratch marks on his arms and face."

What's wrong with people these days?

I hope he gets every bit of that $20 million.

I didn't see any mention of criminal charges in the article (and I hope there is) but I hope this guy wins his lawsuit and gets every dime.

I found it

both convicted of criminal charges.

Just wow, they are not people, they are the animals.

I have an autistic grandson. That said if something similar happened to him I would be in jail and there would be two dead woman on the street. There is no way I would be able to control myself. Lock me away and throw away the key.

I didn't watch the video either due to BP and control issues...both were convicted of criminal charges....misdemeanor assault ...one served one month of a 12 month sentence an the other two. Talk about justice. DA would not comment on why felony child abuse charges were dropped.

there would be two dead woman on the street. There is no way I would be able to control myself. Lock me away and throw away the key.

I watched it and this pretty much says it all! As I understand it Autism is strange as it effects people differently but nowhere is it right or correct to use a fly swatter on a child, hit that child, kick that child or smack that child.

I have an autistic grandson. That said if something similar happened to him I would be in jail and there would be two dead woman on the street. There is no way I would be able to control myself. Lock me away and throw away the key.

No need to go to jail. There's plenty of help hiding the bodies if ya know where to ask. :)

Guest lostpass

Crap man when I was in school corporal punishment was common. Tardy? That's three licks. Licks was hitting you with a board. I got a lot of licks. There's a lot of people on this board who would aver that the problem with schools is that they don't hit kids anymore.

That said, the video was disgusting. If it was my kid I would not have the necessary restraint. I'm fairly sure that it isn't a challenge to beat a fully restrained child.

Guest WyattEarp
I didn't watch the video either due to BP and control issues...both were convicted of criminal charges....misdemeanor assault ...one served one month of a 12 month sentence an the other two. Talk about justice. DA would not comment on why felony child abuse charges were dropped.

amazing. simply amazing. if a black man gets beat in the streets by a white man, it's a hate crime and a felony. if it happens to a disabled kid, it's just a bs misdemeanor charge?

so much for equality in this country.

Mike, I don't think there's 12 people out there in their right minds that would make up a jury, who after seeing the video of those 2 animals doing what they did to that kid, that would vote to convict, knowing that the 2 animals got 2 months or less in jail.

I happen to think that a jury would allow some vigilante justice to slide for a change. Sympathy and compassion can go along with a jury in a case like this, and you'd do what any good father would do, and I'm sure even a halfway decent lawyer could spin it enough for the jury to feel like they'd do the same thing if they were in your shoes.

The biggest problem is those responsible will not feel the sting of what they did or at least not for long. Yeah they spent some time in jail but they will go back to their house, their car and their way of life. Those two women should be ordered to sell anything and everything they own and all proceeds go to the child for care and treatment. After that 1/2 of what they make for life go to the child. That way every tme they get a paycheck they will be reminded of what they did. They should also be named in the lawsuit but they aren't.

Another thing to consider this is the first known or recorded incident. I am sure there are hunderds, if not thousands, of other incidents since the child came under their care.

As I have always said before people who get caught doing wrong are rarely caught on their first try. I can guarantee these two women have done this to other children as well over the years.

Then there is the disparity of the sentencing. The charges should be aggravating because of the use of a weapon even if it is a fly swatter. And because of the length of time the crime occurred there should be more than a single misdemeanor charge.

Like I say to my wife, some people need a sledge hammer to the head.

Dolomite

If this were a "Hate Crime" the book and the rest of the library would have been thrown at these two animals. But since it was "JUST an autistic child a lesser sentence was warranted. Our society has become so convoluted and desensitized. This incident and the many that are taking place as I type is living proof. Im with the rest of you. If a dog bites someone it is usually put down because its an animal....fill in the rest as you please.

I can't watch it. I can't even watch boxing. I do not see anything positive about pounding on another human being. I find it disgusting.

May they rot in hell.

I could see something positive come out of pounding the people that committed this crime.

Wait....you said human beings... my mistake.