Franklin Gun Shop

Guest WarrenPuckett

[quote name='wareagle' timestamp='1354493440' post='853958']
He walked away.
[/quote]

Am I the only noticing a trend in the behavior here? It's pretty sad when an employee displays this kind of behavior, its very telling when an owner/manager does it.

I'm going to leave this dead horse alone but my parting thoughts are : if you need to rationalize treatment you receive at your LGS, odds are your shopping in the wrong place.
[quote name='leftyk82' timestamp='1354494799' post='853963']
Anyone know why they aren't a TGO Vendor? They are big enough. Seems odd.

I ask that a bit in jest. After these stories, it not like I'd go there for my first choice.
[/quote]

Well, would you want to hang out in a place where people say things like I said? No, I don't think we'll ever see them here. They know they'd be too busy answering questions about their pisspoor practices to actually do anything else.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1354494793' post='853962']
Am I the only noticing a trend in the behavior here?[b] It's pretty sad when an employee displays this kind of behavior, its very telling when an owner/manager does it.[/b]

I'm going to leave this dead horse alone but my parting thoughts are :[b] if you need to rationalize treatment you receive at your LGS, odds are your shopping in the wrong place.[/b]
[/quote]

[b]Great insights![/b] I was guilty of overlooking some shafting episodes. All episodes surrounded Brian, the primary owner. His brother, Mike, and a number of the employees had a much "cleaner record" in terms of professionalism. Brian seems to think his average customer is either dimwitted and/or lost all rationality when holding their sought after firearm; then he puts on a big smile and applies the [i]"lubricant"[/i]. He is wise in the sense of keeping a humongous inventory. For some of us, me included, when one is holding their sought after firearm prize it is much easier to gloss over the degree of being shafted.[b] Brian knows that fact VERY WELL![/b]

Sorry, I couldn't resist beating the "dead horse" because of still smarting from this past week. I'm just relieved that I kept my cool during the incident and wasn't at my maturity level of 35 years ago. My wife wouldn't bail me out and that's a fact! [b] : ) [/b]
[quote name='Djay3' timestamp='1354498004' post='853984']

[b]Great insights![/b] I was guilty of overlooking some shafting episodes. All episodes surrounded Brian, the primary owner. His brother, Mike, and a number of the employees had a much "cleaner record" in terms of professionalism. Brian seems to think his average customer is either dimwitted and/or lost all rationality when holding their sought after firearm; then he puts on a big smile and applies the [i]"lubricant"[/i]. He is wise in the sense of keeping a humongous inventory. For some of us, me included, when one is holding their sought after firearm prize it is much easier to gloss over the degree of being shafted.[b] Brian knows that fact VERY WELL![/b]

Sorry, I couldn't resist beating the "dead horse" because of still smarting from this past week. I'm just relieved that I kept my cool during the incident and wasn't at my maturity level of 35 years ago. My wife wouldn't bail me out and that's a fact! [b] : ) [/b]
[/quote]

All I can say friend is, Nashville Armory, D&T, and G&L.

If you haven't been yet just go ahead and try any or all of them. You can thank me later.
Meh, FGS impressed me with the proud inventory.some of it was priced beyond MAP,and ridiculous.I was looking for a holster one day and couldn't live without it.I found what i needed,not wanted but needed in a box w other used holsters marked 20.00.
i checked out and they charged me 30.00,i told em the whole box was marked 20 guy said it is what it is,i replied well theres no price on any of em it says 20 on the box? he said nope its 30.00. i paid and left wont go back. pure priniciple.the holster by the way was an old safariland for a full size hk pistol,had a metal strap,needed it for a railed pistol. nothing special,it was a size thing.
The gunsmith is friendly but the rest in there just love to talk to customers in a condescending manner to make em feel like idiots.a shop w a range not too far away went under for the same reason.....so much for promoting the er sport.
i didnt know they would haggle,they offered me 200.00 for a marlin 1894 in new condition towards a sig pistol i wanted.the same rifle was going for nearly 600.00 in some stores and by priv owners.god i felt so special...
not trying to hijack a post but ill list my fav local shops to buy guns within a 25 mile radius of franklin.

Armadillo arms franklin ( gunsmith and shop) best of all,excellent service will order whatever u want,fun place to go to w great attitudes.honest and fair.around the corner from FGS
1 goodlettsville gun shop phil will find you what u want if not in the case
2 Specialty Arms La vergne lots of inventory,they love to wheel and deal lotsa sigs n glocks lotsa rugers good guys.
3 Shooters m boro road next door to gun city new shop great attitude good prices
4 east nashville gun shop ( bills place) will find u what u want nice to deal with good prices
5 DT Rivergate good guys good prices good price on ffl transfers
  • Moderators

[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1354569563' post='854393']Isn't it traditional by this time for someone from the shop to come on here and make a total spiteful ass of himself? :)

- OS[/quote]
You, sir, win 3.14 internets.

[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1354571780' post='854411']
You, sir, win 3.14 internets.
[/quote]
[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1354571978' post='854413']
Or a slice of pi.
[/quote]

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

THat's as good as supersex. I always choose the soup.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
They wont come on here to do any damage control or promise better treatment because they fear it might actually cost something to win customers over......theres actually a concept where people dont mind paying more for something because they get treated with respect..imagine that.I respect business owners and I understand the cost of doing business,I also understand some customers will never be happy regardless,but in this case the masses seem to over rule the single guest...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dropped by there today.  Had to get an oil change at the dealership which is right down the street from FGS. Came around the corner to an empty parking lot. Door said the were closed today due to the holiday.  Open 1/3/13 I suppose.  Drove around back to turn around, had to be 10 or so cars parked.  Must be writing new tags for everything.  I was just going in to see how much more they have overblown their prices. Hopefully they raise them enough that people start looking elsewhere.

• Like 1