TN urges NYC to use sound judgement in Graves case

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the post said the guy that proposed this is a farmer too. Like he wanted to make him look like he must be some kind of idiot because he is a farmer. I say we just kick New York out of the country. There they got me so pissed off my redneck side came out.

I like how the post said the guy that proposed this is a farmer too. Like he wanted to make him look like he must be some kind of idiot because he is a farmer. I say we just kick New York out of the country. There they got me so pissed off my redneck side came out.

Well, yes to the NYC sentiment. But Nicely is an idiot for wording it that way. It'll be as widely satirized as the road kill bill.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
My fear would be that this would drive the City of New York to dig their heals in and prosecute the woman to the fullest extent of the law to set an example like they did with Burress.

It can't do anything but piss off Bloomberg and the DA. Damage is probably already done, even though the legislature probably won't pass it as written.

- OS

It can't do anything but piss off Bloomberg and the DA. Damage is probably already done, even though the legislature probably won't pass it as written.

- OS

Perhaps it would have been better to have a resolution to call for the Fed to prosecute Bloomberg for violation gun laws through straw purchases?
I think TN should just refuse extradition to NY. The state of TN has a responsibility to protect its citizens and uphold the Constitution. If NY wants her let them come try and take her.

Molon labe lady!

Tennessee's version of sanctuary city.

- OS

Guest NYCrulesU

And I'm still amazed when Tn natives ask me why I chose to move here from NJ. Technically I made a 6 yr pitstop in Va...but settled in Tn.

Hmm..NJ vs TN. Pretty simple...beautiful land, no state tax, laid back lifestyle, Constitutional freedoms can be exercised without fear of prosecution...and I could go on all day. I love the state of TN and if we are going to take on NYC and the north...so be it. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm just glad I'm on the right side of the fence for this one. :D

I would be for refusing extradiction to NY. If she is never tried, she will never be found guilty and nothing will change for her here in this state. Now leaving the state for any reason would probably end bad for her.

Perhaps our LE should arrest people from New York for misdemeanors such as speeding. Then sentence them to the time in jail in lieu of a fine.

(e) The authorized terms of imprisonment and fines for misdemeanors are:

(1) Class A misdemeanor, not greater than eleven (11) months, twenty-nine (29) days or a fine not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute;

(2) Class B misdemeanor, not greater than six (6) months or a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute; and

(3) Class C misdemeanor, not greater than thirty (30) days or a fine not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00), or both, unless otherwise provided by statute.

And speeding can be either a class B or a class C misdemeanor. This means they could be sentences to 30 days to 6 months in jail. If they want to play by the rules and take a zero tolerance approach with regard to our citizens then we should do the same with theirs.

Dolomite

I would be for refusing extradiction to NY. If she is never tried, she will never be found guilty and nothing will change for her here in this state. ...

Did she use bondsman for the 2 gees? Bloomberg might urge him to send Dog to come get her.

- OS

I'm not quite ready to go to war with NY state over an idiot, we already have those Georgia water thieves to worry about, and will need to muster the troops for that.

NY does need to lighten up and I would hate to see that woman's life destroyed trying to do the "right" thing.

You know what?

"F" New York, they came down here trying to prove we are breaking the law when they were in fact the ones breaking the law. Just because Bloomberg said they could doesn't mean it is legal. People are just looking the other way because he is part of a bunch of pansies that are the MAIG. And as far as Bloomberg is concerned I say we, as a state, charge him with conspiracy to commit a felony because he was a party to the illegal gun buying. He shouldn;t be able to violate the law just because he is mayor or conducting an investigation. He has no authority here in Tennessee just as we have no authority in New York.

Not all New Yorkers are bad but the majority of them are people I would not want to associate with.

Dolomite