Palmetto State Armory

Howler

I placed an order last Sat. PSA sent an email thanking me for the order and telling me I would receive an email when shipped. I've never received that email. Are they just slow to ship or do they not tell ya if it's back ordered?I hate to order something only to be told weeks later it's on back order.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered from them two or three times, seems I didn't get a delivery email either...it's supposed to come through the UPS site, I think. Seems like once I got the notice on same day it actually arrived, something like that.

But I did get the orders pert quick.

If you registered on site, you can log in and supposedly see your order status, but I never did register, so I couldn't.

- OS

I got a complete Upper from them for my son for Christmas. (He freaked out! :))

Here is our timeline on it...

11/25/11 - Order made

11/25/11 - Email receipt received

11/29/11 - Email from UPS with Tracking number received (Delivery Scheduled for 12/1/11)

12/09/11 - Upper arrives

The upper was exactly what I ordered, mated perfectly with his Tactical Solutions Lower, shoots great.

Had two friends order the $49.99 Lowers as well. They got them within about two weeks and are very happy with them.

Someone said "they are quickly becoming the Botach Tactical of the east coast."

I don't know. I'm impatient, so they're not a good match for me. They have decent stuff, and you can't complain about the price.

I prefer vendors with same day shipping when they have the stuff in stock. So... JoeBob, Bravo, Midway, Brownell's/Sinclair, Primary Arms, etc. are the folks that get my money

I don't know. I'm impatient, so they're not a good match for me. They have decent stuff, and you can't complain about the price.

I prefer vendors with same day shipping when they have the stuff in stock. So... JoeBob, Bravo, Midway, Brownell's/Sinclair, Primary Arms, etc. are the folks that get my money

That's my same issue, and my problem with Botach and Palmetto... your prices may be good, but if your shipping and follow-up is crappy, it ain't worth it. I only buy from AIM, Bravo, SKD, G&R, and LaRue for those reasons.

Regarding PSA, aside from low prices, I have seen an amazing degree of "fandom" over the last year that I'm not sure is warranted.

I had both of my lowers within two weeks of ordering.

Uppers are made to order, and will have a two week lead time before shipping.

Mine was a stripped lower in one of those sales they just flat oversold. Don't show something is in stock on your website, and then tell me I'll have it in 10 days. It would have been fine if I wasn't in the middle of a build, and was just stocking up on lowers.

I have no problem with Palmetto. Have ordered several times from them and even took part in the $49.95 lower debacle last year. Took me a month to get the the thing but I was in no big hurry.

With their new website it appears that shipping prices have increased. Previously they charged a flat rate for ammo and listed that price. Now they charge actual rates which ends up in mo money, at least for me.

I 've ordered from them quite a bit. The only problem I had was the first time they offered the $49 Lowers. it was on a Fathers Day. It took over three weeks to get them. But they sent me a email stating that. I think they got caugt off guard. Anthing that needs to be built takes awhile. If you order anything during one of there crazy sale periods the same way. I used to be stationed at FT Jackson in the same town where PSA is located. They are still in growing pains but have been great to deal with.

Edited by R1100R

When they put the lowers on sale for $49.99 they get several thousand orders. They sold over 3000 on the Fathers Day sale alone. It's not as simple as grabbing a product and pack and ship. Serial numbers have have to be checked, and checked again. FFLs matched up. Paperwork mistakes are not good when dealing with ATF.

I placed an order with PSA for some stuff on the 26th @ 830pm and I got the confirmation e-mail right after that. I got the shipping/tracking e-mail on the 27th @ 1050am saying my stuff had been shipped. That's a little more than 14 hours to get my stuff pulled, packaged, and shipped.

Howler, if you'd like me to check with my friend about your order you can PM me your order number and I'll get him to check on it when he's at work Monday. The same thing goes for anyone else.

My friend said their sales have doubled since Thanksgiving and they weren't ready for that much growth in such a short amount of time. They just hired quite a few new people in the shipping department so that should help them out on getting orders processed faster unless something has to be built.

Garufa, the shipping rate on ammo was changed because apparently they had a decent amount of people buying just a box or 2 of ammo at a time and it was costing the customers $12 to have it shipped and they complained about it which made the flat-rate shipping go away.

I recieved the stuff about 4 hours after the "your order has been shipped" email. Communication seems to be the root cause of most problems when dealing with people. Anyway, I recieved the stuff and all is well. Will I order from them again? Maybe. Now that I know what to expect it won't be a big deal.

I just got two stripped lowers from PSA, it took a few weeks for them to come in.

They had a notice that orders placed during the holidays wouldn't be shipped until the 15th and I'm not building them right away so it wasn't an issue for me.

I will be ordering from then again.