Walking dead....

Caster

Lori: No, it's pretty much a consensus that she sucks and needs to get eaten from the inside out by her walker baby.

Carl: It's amazing what the hard winter did to get rid of his whining and make him grow up. Let's hope it sticks.

Clearing the prison yard: Why didn't they just stake a lot more through the fence (incl. the outer fence) before Rick went on his run to close the upper gate? So what if the upper yard walkers come down to the lower yard to the fence. It just makes the upper AND lower yard clearing go a lot faster and safer and uses little if any of the scarce ammo. They wasted a lot when a sharp pipe/fire poker through the head would have been sufficient.

Hershel snack: Will they never learn to stick everyone in the head, even if they aren't moving? Preventative medicine and all. The same goes for the guard up in the crows nest in their cell block. Sure, it looks like a clean head shot killed him, but why risk it?

And the coolest effect of the night award goes to.....pulling the helmet off the guard. That was disgustingly awesome.

• Like 1

Since the tv series departs pretty dramatically from the comic, I don't feel I am posting a spoiler. In the comic, it is Dale who gets bitten in the leg in prison, and the amputation works. Not sure if it will be the same with Hershel, but I think it will.

It doesn't mean they won't kill him off from something else later.

I hope the show follows the comic in regards to Lori.

Guest The Dude

I hate Lori. I hope she gets eaten by her zombie baby. If she would have never banged Shane, then maybe him and Rick may have still been buddies. She planted the seed between them, and wonders why Rick has nothing to say to her. Especially after she blew him off at the end of season 2. She needs to die.

Every group needs a heel. It was Shane, now it's Lori. They'll have to have someone else moving up that line before Lori gets offed. It can't be one of the rest of the current group as they're all (for the most part) decent so it will have to be a character that hasn't been introduced yet. Perhaps one of the live prisoners.

Guest The Dude

if you paid attention to the preview for next week....they were standing by a cross (possibly a grave)

Hershel?

I hope not. I like Hershel.

Im still wondering whats going to happen with Darryl and Merle. I wonder if Darryl will kill him.

Edited by The Dude

Anyone else irked by the complete lack of effort made to make the firearms seem at least a little bit realistic in the prison yard scene? No recoil, no slide cycling, head shots from a snubbie? Come on guys. CG muzzle flashes? Actually, looks like CG everything in this episode. I might have even been able to look past all this but the scene showing Carol complaining about her shoulder hurting from the recoil just rubbed salt in the wound for me. (Rant off) Other than that great episode! :)

- Oh and I've got no problems with the home made supressors cause the concept is sound. See what I did there?.

Edited by gnmwilliams
  • Like 1

The grave could be the baby. Still-born but not a walker. (or a walker baby they had to put down.) Having a baby in the group makes

moving the group harder. Harder to write and no real benefit to the story line.

Im still wondering whats going to happen with Darryl and Merle. I wonder if Darryl will kill him.

If so, I predict it will be over something with Carol.

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest rebeldrummer

i think you might be on to something with the baby thing...however it will add even MORE drama (complication) if it is born into the chaos?

Lori did mention to Hershel that she thought something was wrong??

I hate to sound like a sadistic crazy guy or something, but (for story/show purposes) i hope it is NOT Hershel (read between the lines, I dont want to actually come out and say it!!!)

head shots from a snubbie?

Yeah...that was nice. :(

The yard scene was the only really weak part in the episode (plus the assuming the dead are really dead thing). The rest of it was good. I loved the flashlights in the prison. Good visuals.

The only legit reason to go into the yard is to bait distant walkers into coming to the fence to get head-stabbed. If one is within 20 yards of the fence, don't go in. Wait them out. But it's not good TV to spend 10 minutes stabbing them through the protection of the fence. No risk to the characters would be boring, so I understand why they did it from a story perspective.

Once they (writers/directors/FX guys) decided to do the yard scene, they should have at least done it right. The group made almost every shot from every person with every weapon a perfect head shot except Carol missing one and almost shooting Rick in the foot. She then goes back to headshots. How does she make consistent super-man shots, but misses that badly? They could have had some body/limb shots that don't bring down the walkers before getting the headshot.

I still don't know why they left the civilian walkers on the outer fence. That's where Shane was superior in tactics. He'd have got 'em all. At that point they didn't know if they had a compromised fence or not. Why let them come back and get you later?

Anyone else irked by the complete lack of effort made to make the firearms seem at least a little bit realistic in the prison yard scene? No recoil, no slide cycling, head shots from a snubbie? Come on guys. CG muzzle flashes? Actually, looks like CG everything in this episode. I might have even been able to look past all this but the scene showing Carol complaining about her shoulder hurting from the recoil just rubbed salt in the wound for me. (Rant off) Other than that great episode! :)

- Oh and I've got no problems with the home made supressors cause the concept is sound. See what I did there?.

Noticed the same.

My favorite part was when Carol said "Wanna screw around?". That totally added +1 to her character. Until now she has just been a dry character (IMO) that I wanted to see gone.

Guest The Dude

I was glad to see Carol coming around as well. Maybe Daryl will get lucky? :cool: Him and Rick have been my favorite characters since the beginning.

Lori is the weakest link, and the baby will be an even weaker one. I wouldnt care to see them both go. Im glad to see the group more organized and working as a team.

I didn't realize Rick (Andrew Lincoln) was English till I heard him on some interview the other day, speaking in cultured London-ese.

No trace of the accent as Rick, rather amazing really. Jude Law can do it too -- think Cold Mountain.

- OS

Guest rebeldrummer

I didn't realize Rick (Andrew Lincoln) was English till I heard him on some interview the other day, speaking in cultured London-ese.

No trace of the accent as Rick, rather amazing really. Jude Law can do it too -- think Cold Mountain.

- OS

I caught that interview too! At first I thought he was just kidding around.....totally threw me off!!