• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

If you're a fudd, go to Classic Arms.

If you're not a fudd, go to Arms Fair.

/thread

Not gonna say anything derogatory about the guys over at Arms Fair, good folks over there with a solid shop. I count Rob as a friend in fact. However, your assertions about Classic being a shop just for "Fudds" makes me laugh considering the amount of certain firearm and accessory categories we sell. You know, the ones that don't appeal to the "Fudds".

Now go watch the video Oh Shoot posted and see if it feels familiar.

ETA: I don't speak for Classic, I'm just a friend of the shop and a part timer behind the counter. My opinions are solely my responsibility and in no way are the opinions of Classic Arms.

Edited by Chucktshoes

Wow, I like both shops. I was at Classic Arms this morning and there is nothing about Chance and the crew that says Fudd. They run a good shop with a large variety of firearms and accessories. Not only that, someone will help you as soon as you walk into the store.

I have only made one purchase at Arms-Fair. They were fair and friendly and when I purchase my first suppressor it will be from them.

As for G&A. I have purchased a bunch of weapons there and they almost always have what you want. In the past I would have crapped on them, but they have actually been friendly when I went to make my last last few purchases

Edited by LINKS2K

The Sportman's Wharehouse in Southaven much better prices on reloading supplies than Bass Pro or any other place (that I know of) in metro Memphis. I know it is in MS so that might not be an option if you are handgun shopping, but for reloading it is the way to go.

Also if you are in Southaven there is a great pawn shop with a decent used gun selection. Dabbs on HWY 51. Also just down the road in Olive Branch there are 2 pretty good gun shops. The Gun Exchange and Double Barrel. The owner at Double Barrel is a heck of a good guy. Very friendly.

Not gonna say anything derogatory about the guys over at Arms Fair, good folks over there with a solid shop. I count Rob as a friend in fact. However, your assertions about Classic being a shop just for "Fudds" makes me laugh considering the amount of certain firearm and accessory categories we sell. You know, the ones that don't appeal to the "Fudds".

Now go watch the video Oh Shoot posted and see if it feels familiar.

ETA: I don't speak for Classic, I'm just a friend of the shop and a part timer behind the counter. My opinions are solely my responsibility and in no way are the opinions of Classic Arms.

I've been to Classic Arms several times, and found that consistently the advice and products carried are geared towards hunting, sporting, and lower-end shooting. When it comes to "non-fudd" items, I would hardly call a few DPMS and CMMG rifles anything other than entry level, retail fodder. The accessories are off-the-shelf crap one could get at Bass Pro or Cabela's. Sorry man, I call it like I see it. The last time I was in there I was told that what I really needed was a Mini-14 or an SKS and that all ARs are exactly the same.

There's nothing wrong with being a fudd shop, and my advice to the OP was honest. Classic Arms geared towards a certain group. If you want hunting rifles, shotguns, etc., that's your place.

Arms fair only carries game changing mil equipment. They have huge contracts with all of the major spec ops units.

Wait, was taht sarcasm from the guy who didn't know what a fudd was? :cool:

You ladies get bent out of shape a little too easily sometimes! Perspective is a hell of a thing - these two shops are quite different.

Arms Fair caters to a different audience, and if you don't realize that after you walk into the store, I'm not sure if I can help. They carry NFA items, and are a stocking dealer for Colt, Daniel Defense, and LWRC. Most of their handguns are Glock and S&W M&Ps. They also have a good process for online buyers who buy stuff from other dealers and online auction sites.

Sure, they still have some entry level stuff there, but it's not a duck hunter's paradise like Classic Arms is.

I've been to Classic Arms several times, and found that consistently the advice and products carried are geared towards hunting, sporting, and lower-end shooting....

.....geared towards a certain group. If you want hunting rifles, shotguns, etc., that's your place.

I'd never considered Wilson Combat as a lower end pistol!

I'd never considered Wilson Combat as a lower end pistol!

You're off track, let me help...

Let's say you tell me to meet you at your favorite bar. When I arrive, I spend 10 minutes walking through the place and it's filled with 200 hot & sweaty dudes dressed in leather, spandex, mustaches, all bumping and grinding against each other listening to The Village People.

After making my way through the writhing sea of man meat, I get to the back of the place, and there you are waving at me saying, "isn't this great!"

I say to you, "dude, there are a lot of dudes here, this is a gay bar."

Then you say, "no Gaper, there are like 3 or 4 chicks here tonight, this isn't a gay bar."

It doesn't make it not a gay bar.

bar.n.jpg

Lets see.

Marines use the Benelli M4. Classic is a Benelli stocking dealer.

Seals use the Sig P226. Classic is a Sig stocking dealer.

PD's use the M&P line and Glocks. Classic is a Smith and Glock stocking dealer.

Colts, yep they stock those as well.

M1A's in stock.

Hell, they have a Knight's full ambi lower receiver in there.

Seems like a lot of fudd (still don't understand the term).

And as for any of them telling you to get a Mini14, do you know their name? Because I know for a fact that Chance, Mason, nor Greg would say that. As the shop's resident Ruger junkie, I wouldn't even say that (not that I work there). Chance is a marine and if he had his way, he would likely drive everyone towards the LMT MRP. Or is that a fudd rifle too? I don't know as I'm not a real OPERATOR (do I get extra credit for capitalizing the whole word?).

Lets see.

Marines use the Benelli M4. Classic is a Benelli stocking dealer.

Seals use the Sig P226. Classic is a Sig stocking dealer.

PD's use the M&P line and Glocks. Classic is a Smith and Glock stocking dealer.

Colts, yep they stock those as well.

M1A's in stock.

Hell, they have a Knight's full ambi lower receiver in there.

Seems like a lot of fudd (still don't understand the term).

And as for any of them telling you to get a Mini14, do you know their name? Because I know for a fact that Chance, Mason, nor Greg would say that. As the shop's resident Ruger junkie, I wouldn't even say that (not that I work there). Chance is a marine and if he had his way, he would likely drive everyone towards the LMT MRP. Or is that a fudd rifle too? I don't know as I'm not a real OPERATOR (do I get extra credit for capitalizing the whole word?).

You are right about Chance and the LMT. He made acquaintance with one of my buyers the other day and obtained some info on LMT and he was excited as a kid on christmas day.

Regardless the gentleman is entitled to his opinion. Even if Classic is not his type of shop I would advise him to at least get to know a good group of guys that run the place.

Edited by LINKS2K