SW M&P9's

DannyP

Anyone having any issues with their M&P9's, the accuracy and relieablity good? I've always liked them, the aesthetics and how they feel in my hand. Never shot one before though. Just looking for some experience from currents owners. Thanks

Danny

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whtsmoke

Nope not a one so far, still shots the same as day one. They do seem to like the 124 grain load better than the 115 grain as far as the factory sights go. I have put 4 magazines into a 2 inch hole at 10 yard shooting offhand pretty quickly not slow fire. I would love to get a 40, 45, and a 22 for the family of M&P's.

I'm on my third and haven't had any issues. In fairness I don't get to shoot a lot but I've never had issue one with them. The fact that the government is looking at them and many police departments have switched to them says something. All stainless metal parts, melonite on top of that, lifetime warranty, and great ergos are what brings me back to them. Not to mention they are American made.

I have heard of people breaking the tab off of the the little tool in the grip, but that seems fairly isolated.

Edited by Smith
  • Authorized Vendor

I have three M&P's....2 9MM and a .45. I have done a lot to them as far as upgrades such as APEX triggers...Trijicon sights...polished internals and feed ramps and other stuff. Not cause I had to but cause I wanted to. They are great shooters IMHO.

• Administrator

My M&P 40 has been put through hell and never has malfunctioned. I have close to 15,000 rounds through it at this point. Probably more than that but I can only confirm that number based on the cases of ammo that I have fed it over the years. Only it and my Glock 19 bear the distinction -- with me -- of having that high of a round count without a problem. I'd trust my life to it and frequently do.

Guest jkintn

Just bought a M&P9c a month ago. I've only put about 150 rounds through it but so far so good. I was comparing M&P9c, G19 and G26. I liked how the M&P was sized between the 19/26. It included a rail which the G26 did not have and the grip is slightly shorter than the G19. I also purchased a standard 17-rd M&P magazine along with an X-Grip to fit my compact model. Feels great with the full grip.

I used a M&P40 for a while and I must say it's a very comfortable gun. It's definitely one step above Glock in the grips/comfort department. As for reliability I never had a problem with the one I had, but I didn't abuse it, I kept it clean/oiled and it didn't jam.

I've fired over 1500 rounds through my m&p9 fullsize, and have had one failure to eject. I love this gun, I carry it 95% of the time that I can carry (also carry a pf9). I like it so much I am seriously considering selling my ar 15 and getting a m&p 9/40 compact...

• 3 weeks later...

I love the M&P line of pistols. American made, lifetime warranty, and fit's my hand like a glove. I have fired just shy of 500rds out of my .40c and not one issue. I have heard of some of the older 9's having issues but I have no doubt that S&W would make it right for you if something happened. I called them the other day and they sent me 3 finger rest for my compact mags free of charge and also said military gets a 25 or 30% discount on parts.

I am also a fan of the M&Ps. I did buy a used 9 at a gun show one year and after some range time found out why the guy sold it. It had several failure to feed issues. But the good news is I looked up polishing the feed ramp and did so. Now it functions as it should.

• Administrator

I am also a fan of the M&Ps. I did buy a used 9 at a gun show one year and after some range time found out why the guy sold it. It had several failure to feed issues. But the good news is I looked up polishing the feed ramp and did so. Now it functions as it should.

Keep in mind that Smith & Wesson provides a lifetime warranty on the firearm regardless of who owns it, so you can generally send them back to S&W (on their dime) and they will R&R whatever is wrong for free.

Ok, I'll be the odd one out. I had a 9c that was great except for one fatal flaw: the magazine release kept activating while carrying in the holster. The mag release pressed just enough on the leather to trip it repeatedly but unpredictably with movement. I even called S&W who sent me an entire new release mechanism and it still had the same problem, so I traded it in for another 9mm.

Ok, I'll be the odd one out. I had a 9c that was great except for one fatal flaw: the magazine release kept activating while carrying in the holster. The mag release pressed just enough on the leather to trip it repeatedly but unpredictably with movement. I even called S&W who sent me an entire new release mechanism and it still had the same problem, so I traded it in for another 9mm.

Sounds like the holster was not molded properly to allow clearance. ;)