Bank of America to gun company: Find another bank

I will follow this pretty closely. BOA a few years ago was contributing to acorn and I sent them an email asking them to stop. they sent back a canned response. I have been 100% happy with BOA and their online services are great. but I am at the point that companies are allowing political pressure to get in the way of servicing customers. So I would like to know the context behind this story. if it turns out that they denied this company service purely because they build gun/parts then it is no different than back in the day businesses denying someone service because of race or nationality.

If this is the case, i will be looking for a new bank and I will let the bank know exactly why I left

Guest Scramasax

BOA is one of the worst banks to do business with. They are right up there with all of the practices that I disagree. Support the IA give them access to banking that they will not offer to legals.

ts

This is at least the third time this particular issue has come up in the last five years. They tried this last year with another gun parts company. You know the old saying - First time, an accident. Second time, coincidence. Third time is enemy action.

We left BoA 5 years ago - the first time they pulled this crap. Our local credit union has better rates, MUCH better service, and better access.

I've hated BofA since 1976. When my mother passed away, she had a checking account with them, me as a cosigner. It had an appreciable amount of money in it, which I promptly withdrew. A few years back, they were opening accounts and making loans to lillegals without SSN's. Hope they crash and burn.

• Like 1

I am in the process of ending my BoA accounts. Not an easy thing to do. I'm looking for a local bank that didn't take any Federal money during the bailouts or stimulus. There are several good candidates.

Please ahre what you decide on..I am also disappointed with BoA.

I've had good experiences with Avenue Bank (note: I have family and friends who work for or have worked for them). The branches are posted, but I know of at least one Class III mfg. who banks with them. I just like that they refund ATM charges, mostly.

Guest Scwrod

I have been happy with USbank. There are a some farmers banks here in sumner and Robertson county. They are great also and have the personal touch. just not a lot of branches.

I used to have Regions, and had been meaning to get rid of them ever since they started posting. I just never got around to it because I always used my debit card and I was gassing up so frequently delivering pizzas that I constantly had transactions pending. I took a delivery to a manager at the regions on the corner of Charlotte and 51st. No tip. I had the next 3 days off in a row. I made sure to not use my card at all for the next two days, went in on the third, and closed my account and moved to Suntrust.

worst place you could possibly keep your money is BoA...

as a biz owner you do not want anything to do with them,they are un ethical,they support ilegals ,they have fees out the

yingyang and they are not SOLVENT.......Timebomb IMO.......smaller banks or credit unions way to go

• Like 1
Guest m14man

the company in question i have read was mcmillian which also has gov. contracts, pretty bad to crap on a company making rifles for soldiers in the field to.