2013 Ford which one?

2013 Car  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which car Should I get?

• 2013 Ford Boss 302 Mustang
    • 2013 Ford Focus ST

What color are you going with?

That is an awesome car, I need the back seat or i would be looking at the Laguna this is the last year of the retro body style before Ford ruins the look of the Mustang so that Boss is very tempting i still have a few months to think about it but I love those 302's if i get one it has to be Red as per the wife ( a compromise that I can live with)

School Bus Yellow although I wish that it came in Red Candy. I am not going with black, (even though it's freak'n awesome), because it's too hard to keep looking nice - particularly during pollen season. It is scheduled as a June build, so I hope to see it come July.

That School Bus Yellow is awesome, that would be my first choice who knows I may just get that anyway instead of the Red

and I am with you on the Candy Red it sucks that you can get the regular Mustangs in that color but not the Boss I like the Candy red much better than the Race red

I say Focus, but then I'm more about practical than flash. But then I'm also the guy who says that new cars are a sucker's bet. I let you guys take the butt pounding on that initial 2-3 years worth of depreciation. I'll stick to buying nice 3 year old used cars and driving them until they fall apart. Rinse and repeat. (got 278,000 miles out of my last car, just about to cross 100K on the current car)

As far as the Butt pounding on the depreciation, I normally would agree with you but my Raptor is actually worth more than I paid for it and going on 2 years old. Since these cars are not the everyday models and specially built there is a very good chance that no Butt pounding will happen but if it does there is something very special about ordering a car built just for me that is worth the extra money that I may lose

That School Bus Yellow is awesome, that would be my first choice who knows I may just get that anyway instead of the Red

and I am with you on the Candy Red it sucks that you can get the regular Mustangs in that color but not the Boss I like the Candy red much better than the Race red

Two Rivers Ford, (with which I do my business), had a Race Red Boss up there just last week although it already had a buyer. It looks pretty good with the black stripes breaking up all that red. Edited by SWJewellTN

Come on Willis, if you go out and drop 25K on a new vehicle you might only save $1000 or so in gas.

But between the 2 vehicles listed I think the Focus makes more sense.

Erik,

It is about parking spaces in all honesty I could care less about gas mileage but that will just be a bonus. When you own as large vehicles as I do it can be a pain to find parking spaces and to go from A to B quickly is easier in a Car than a Huge Truck and SUV.

Once I get the Car (Probably the Mustang) I will be done buying Automobiles, as I am getting Older I just want to cover my bases and have all the Automobiles that I will ever need and grow old driving them until the wheels come off!

Well the wife and I decided that we need a car, so along with my Truck and her SUV we are trying to decide between these two Fords, and yes they are the only 2 that I will consider since I am a Ford man and these fit into our budget,

We were just in the market as well, test drove every ford (she got the xplan discount), hyundai, kia, nissan, toyota, chevy, bmw, benz etc... and the absolute best deal we found were the 1 year old chevy cruze's. - probably test drove a total of 40-50 cars

Those things are turbo, fully loaded with leather with less than 20k miles for around $17k. They still have a 4 year/~80k mile warranty left, get 40+mpg's on regular gas and drive extremely well (the RS package cars rode like crap though, look at a non-rs model), have a million air bags and good crash ratings.

After we had decided on the cruze, we ended up buying a Jaguar last minute cause it was a good deal :rofl: . We just wanted the sparklies, and the car sits in the garage 99% of the time, but if we were needing it for an everyday car, the cruze without questions would be sitting in the driveway

Edited by Sam1

Erik,

It is about parking spaces in all honesty I could care less about gas mileage but that will just be a bonus. When you own as large vehicles as I do it can be a pain to find parking spaces and to go from A to B quickly is easier in a Car than a Huge Truck and SUV.

Once I get the Car (Probably the Mustang) I will be done buying Automobiles, as I am getting Older I just want to cover my bases and have all the Automobiles that I will ever need and grow old driving them until the wheels come off!

That makes sense. Be sure to test the turning radius. We just bought a Toyota Rav4. It turns and parks 2x easier than my Acura RSX did. Some cars have a horrible turning radius. I imagine the Focus will be fine but you never know.

Ford Focus is build on global Ford platform. Same car as Ford build in Europe. Actually designed by Mazda engineering in Hiroshima. It is exceptionally reliable. Can not say how much American it is. Definitely more than Mexican Fusion.

Mustang is stylish and fast. However it is build on outdated RWD platform. It means less efficient and less reliable.

Focus should last well over 250 000 miles. Mustang will never make it.

With all these considerations, I should admit: I rented Mustang twice and really enjoyed driving

• Administrator

Mustang is stylish and fast. However it is build on outdated RWD platform. It means less efficient and less reliable.

Focus should last well over 250 000 miles. Mustang will never make it.

That's complete and utter nonsense.

That's complete and utter nonsense.

X a bajillion

Rwd means you can have torque and actually apply it to the ground. Mustangs are independent rear suspensions, quite the opposite of outdated. I suppose you think ALL bmws are outdated since they use rwd?

And when taken care of properly, mustangs will last as long if not longer than a focus.

Guest m14man

FORD didnt take govt bailout money like chevy and chrysler. They are also an american car company.

that is correct it didnt and is a much smaller company than gm was. gm owns most of its suppliers and some of its suppliers also sell to other companys. ford makes a great product and keeps improving. doing the best of all the american companys. but they were in just as much trouble to just went about getting there money in a diffrent way, wish they all had done this. here is a good read from last year on part of there debt. gm could learn a few things from them.

http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-continues-reducing-debt-announces-plans-repay-3-billion-preferred-securities-31703.html

Guest m14man

rwd is the american way no contest boss 302 all the way or shelby gt500 awesome car.

Edited by m14man

X a bajillion

Rwd means you can have torque and actually apply it to the ground. Mustangs are independent rear suspensions, quite the opposite of outdated. I suppose you think ALL bmws are outdated since they use rwd?

And when taken care of properly, mustangs will last as long if not longer than a focus.

Mustangs have not had IRS for quite some time now. I know this because I've owned a 2006 GT, 2008 GT500, and now own a 2011 5.0. It is speculated that the new "Global" design coming in the next year or two will have it added back.

I just learned that The X plan will be allowed on the Focus ST, while the Focus ST was originally disqualified for the Ford pricing this has made my decision for me as the deal will be too good to pass up!

i would go with the gas mileage. i would even look for a car that get better that the focus. i know the gas prices have come down some. but they are,, will go back up after the election. it will be over $4.00 a gallon before you know it.