Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day

Volzfan

When some bigot infringes on others rights ya'll celebrate and support it.

I must take exception to the above statement.

I've followed the Chick-fil-a reporting for several days now, and have yet to identify the "bigot who infringes on others rights" in this story.

I do celebrate and support Mr. Cathy's exercise of religious freedom, and free expression of same. I condemn the facists in government who seek to deny his business based on his personal beliefs.

If that's bigotry - if you have specific evidence of bigotry in this case - or can show where TGO members celebrate and support such - then by all means, bring it up for discussion. Otherwise, check your mirror...

BTW, Chick-fil-a's support around the country is overwhelming, to say the least.

• Like 5

The line at the Rivergate location was ridiculous. Though I am supportive of gay marriage, I was going to show support for Chick-fil-A's 1A right. But I couldn't bring myself to sit in line all night to eat sub-par, over-priced chicken.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I freaking love when things like this happen in America. We are such a spoiled group of folks that a simple statement from the founder of a fast food joint has caused a hornets nest worth of debate to erupt. Really, we have so few problems that this has sparked something, that at the end of the day is a child like argument.

Who the hell cares what some dude said, or frankly whatever the hell anyone else thinks. If you are gay, be gay. Straight, be straight. Having plenty of both gay and straight friends, none of them can tell me why this is such a big deal and everyone's panties are in such a wad.

I'd stand and fight for any persons right to speech. But damn. I feel like everyone should be required to spend some time in a third world country; Uganda, Somolia, Sudan, Kenya, etc. and learn what a real problem it can been just to find clean water. If you learn lessons like that, petty crap like who can marry who or what have you becomes just that - petty. Seriously, who at the end of the day is going to lose sleep because gays can get married. Your religious and ethical systems will still stand. Its not like a government mandate allowing gay marriage is just going to shatter the foundation of Christendom.

To clarify, I say that as a devout and conservative Catholic. I don't care what anyone else does, at the end of the day, my Church and my faith are still the same. So really, what gives?

The wife called and ask if Chick Fil A would be okay for supper. Of course it would.. She is stopping by a store on her way home... Our daughter waited 45 minutes at lunch time in Gallatin. She said it was worth the wait. :usa: God bless the USA..

I freaking love when things like this happen in America. We are such a spoiled group of folks that a simple statement from the founder of a fast food joint has caused a hornets nest worth of debate to erupt. Really, we have so few problems that this has sparked something, that at the end of the day is a child like argument.

Who the hell cares what some dude said, or frankly whatever the hell anyone else thinks. If you are gay, be gay. Straight, be straight. Having plenty of both gay and straight friends, none of them can tell me why this is such a big deal and everyone's panties are in such a wad.

I'd stand and fight for any persons right to speech. But damn. I feel like everyone should be required to spend some time in a third world country; Uganda, Somolia, Sudan, Kenya, etc. and learn what a real problem it can been just to find clean water. If you learn lessons like that, petty crap like who can marry who or what have you becomes just that - petty. Seriously, who at the end of the day is going to lose sleep because gays can get married. Your religious and ethical systems will still stand. Its not like a government mandate allowing gay marriage is just going to shatter the foundation of Christendom.

To clarify, I say that as a devout and conservative Catholic. I don't care what anyone else does, at the end of the day, my Church and my faith are still the same. So really, what gives?

its called the first amendment.

Guest 6.8 AR

It tells you how an overwhelmingly large majority of folks feel about the subject.

Like was said earlier, there is no discrimination on any front with this company. One man spoke his views.

He has that right. Just like the opposing group has the right to peaceably assemble, but the politicians

opposing and picking sides should be held accountable for their actions. Those gays seem to be able to

force their views on others. They sure don't like it when someone else disagrees. I really don't care what

they think. I must be a bigot.

Never said it was in the bill of rights.

Look familiar?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

No, you didn't. But you did compare it to the Second Amendment, which is in the Bill of Rights. The two are not related. Gay marriage is not a right, especially in a state where it is not even legal according to the State Constitution. The "Pursuit of Happiness" is not valid if it isn't in conjunction with the law. You can't marry a goat just because it makes you happy.

To clarify, I'm not looking at this from a Biblical perspective. My personal opinion is that I couldn't care less who gets married to who. Just don't push it down my throat and don't make it an issue if I don't jump up and down and celebrate a lifestyle that I don't share.

• Like 7

I've never seen such a huge crowd at the Hermitage Chik-Filet. This was at 6pm, people were lined up in cars and parking at Home Depot and walking over.

If this is any sign of the disgust with the liberal agenda, the silent majority will be putting Romney in the WH. :usa:

• Like 2

Morristown store swamped - cop directing traffic, parking lot slammed with pedestrians, drive-thru line through the adjoining grocery store parking and into the main road.

Got nothing to do with homosexuals getting married. Has everything to do with the 1st Amendment, and as a bonus telling Rahm to take a long walk on a short pier.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

but the politicians opposing and picking sides should be held accountable for their actions.

Its none of the gov's biz, and I'd go eat a chicken sammich to protest the gov sticking its nose into this.

If a business owner says bad things about christians, heterosexuals or conservatives, guess we should go eat there as well, to support the fella's right to mouth off with no biz consequences?

Maybe. Me, personally, I agree with their message, and will help support them through the barrage of derogatory media sent their way because of that. Obviously, I support peoples right to speak their mind and stand up for their morals, it does not mean i have to support them or what they support if I do not agree with it.

Edited by Good_Steward

Couldn't get within 50 yards of the Chick-fil-A in Smyrna, TN. The drive thru wrapped around the building and spilled into the connection streets, feeding from three directions, probably 45 to 60 cars waiting. There were two Smyrna Police cars with blue lights flashing trying to direct the traffic, and everyone was waiting patiently. The foot traffic was heavy, and in a line out the door. People were parking in the Bank of America lot next door and walking back.

Edited by QuietDan
Guest j2thawood

I was also on my way to the one in Smyrna. I had my daughter with me so I didn't want to have her waiting that long for some grub, awesome turn out though.

If a business owner says bad things about christians, heterosexuals or conservatives, guess we should go eat there as well, to support the fella's right to mouth off with no biz consequences?

Have you watched any of the programming shown in TV lately?

Guest Nikator

My religion does not condone violence. I believe than anyone in the military is going to eternal hell. In fact I'm going to cheer when they unload the corpses off the plane. Since this is a religious statement it must be ok. Who wants to buy my hamburgers?

Guest Lester Weevils

Have you watched any of the programming shown in TV lately?

Hi Tnhawk

No, been trying to swear off. I occasionally listen to the radio still but hadn't heard or read anything about the gov trying to officially punish the chickfila guy's free speech. Not saying it ain't happened. Have heard about the usual suspects bitching about the chickfila guy, but they have just as much right to bitch as the chickfila guy.

I find your post ironic. Unlike gun owner's rights, the "right" to gay marriage shows up nowhere in the Bill of Rights. In fact, taking rights out of it all together, gay marriage is not even legal in Tennessee. Also not quite sure how his beliefs "infringe" on anyone else's rights. He doesn't refuse to serve gays, doesn't refuse to hire them, doesn't refuse them anything.

Apparently in the liberal gay community, anything short of boisterous support for their lifestyle is categorized as intolerance and bigotry.

The Bill of Rights is not an all-inclusive list of rights. It is a list of rights that were especially important to the anti-Federalists who demanded that certain rights be specifically included in the Constitution. Our nation is founded on the concept of Natural Rights, which assumes that we are all born with "certain inalienable rights" including "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." It's kind of hard for people to enjoy life, liberty, and pursue happiness when people are saying they can't marry because people have a particular interpretation of a couple of select verses in the Christian Bible. I don't care how people choose to live their lives and who they want to marry or have sex with. As long as they are consenting adults, what business is it of mine? I have known many homosexual couples in my life and there are a few same-sex couples who attend my church. They have never hurt me. Why should I judge them because they sin differently than I do? We have a lot more serious problems in this country than this diversion.

If people are worried about the sanctity of marriage, it seems they need to focus on their own relationships because our divorce rate and problem of domestic violence is certainly no testament to the Christian definition of marriage (incidentally, Jesus never said a word about homosexuality, but did specifically speak against divorce and adultery). As a Christian libertarian, I'm not boycotting Chick-fil-A, nor did I eat there today because there's no way I'm standing in line for an hour to get a fast food chicken sandwich. I went to Bojangles and was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 2

... but hadn't heard or read anything about the gov trying to officially punish the chickfila guy's free speech. ...

Well, Emanuel in Chicago and Memino in Boston both said they didn't want them in their fair cities, that's seems rather impolite to say the least, if not "punishing".

Rahm was really a riot, saying that Chick-Fil-A did not express "Chicago values". It is to laugh.

- OS