Lets see pictures of your ink and piercings

Spots

I don't understand the "tribal" motifs. Are they authentic to certain tribes around the world? How do you know what they mean and decide what tribe to "affiliate" with?

- OS

This is my thought about all the Chinese characters. Some chick told me hers said "Peace, Love, and Happiness." I asked her if she could read Chinese. She said she couldn't, but that is what the guy at the tattoo shop told her. I just left that alone. :screwy:

If I can't read it, it doesn't go on my body. I never got any Kanji, even stationed in Japan for two years. To risky. The tribal for me was just used to make my name pop, to underline it more or less. MY next tat will be a Spartan helmet, I've wanted one for a long time. Also plan to get an irish claddagh over my heart, as it has a lot of meaning to me and my wife in our relationship.

I don't understand the "tribal" motifs. Are they authentic to certain tribes around the world? How do you know what they mean and decide what tribe to "affiliate" with?

- OS

by tribal i dont mean lettters or words i just mean the design like this tea4.jpg

'Splain??

If you can;t read it, it worried me that I would get the Kanji for courage, and it would actually say stupid. What I was saying, was even though I spent time in Japan, and understodd some of it, I didn't trust my language skills in another language to risk getting "goat ******" tattooed up the side of my leg and thinking I had something badass

• Like 1

My sister got her zodiac sign tattooed on her thigh in Arabic for some stupid reason. Do they even have astrological signs in Islamic countries?

Any way, several years later she says she was at the beach with her kids when some Muslim guy asked her why she has a tattoo that says "virgin".

She said, no, it says "Virgo".

He just smiled, shook his head, and pointed at his turban.

• Like 1

My sister got her zodiac sign tattooed on her thigh in Arabic for some stupid reason. Do they even have astrological signs in Islamic countries?

Any way, several years later she says she was at the beach with her kids when some Muslim guy asked her why she has a tattoo that says "virgin".

She said, no, it says "Virgo".

He just smiled, shook his head, and pointed at his turban.

thats a good reason to get your tat removed
Guest Broomhead

My first tat, which I regret now because you can't tell what the heck it is anymore, is the Chinese symbol for the Monkey zodiac sign. I felt comfortable getting it at the time because I went to numerous online places, local stores, and other resources to make sure I got the correct symbol. The tattoo shop had the correct symbol in their flash library so I knew I was getting the right thing. I just regret getting it so small (about the size of a fifty-cent piece) because now it is so faded, and I had too much detail put into it, that it's not able to be seen clearly.

I have a cartoonish set of 'Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil' monkies on the back of my neck that is pretty cool. They're a little faded and need to be touched up, but I'll try and snap a picture of them later. I'll also take a picture of the names of my daughters on my wrists.

If you can;t read it, it worried me that I would get the Kanji for courage, and it would actually say stupid. What I was saying, was even though I spent time in Japan, and understodd some of it, I didn't trust my language skills in another language to risk getting "goat ******" tattooed up the side of my leg and thinking I had something badass

I used to have a Chinese roommate (a real one from China) and she had very strong opinions about stupid round eyes getting Chinese tattoos. She said she's seen the dumbest stuff people get put on their body because they think it means one thing when it means something completely different or just doesn't make sense. I guess it makes folks feel as if they're cultured or something, however, the culture you're trying to show off makes fun of you for having that tat. Trust me.

And no, there is no love for zodiac signs in Islam. That is infidel territory and borders on committing the worst sin in all of Islam. Ironic considering the pre-Islamic history of the Ka'aba.

I never understood the point of tribal tattoos unless one belonged to a tribe. I've heard stories of people discovering American Indian heritage, acquiring tattoos specific to their tribal heritage, only to discover they didn't do their homework well enough and only the women of those tribes have tattoos. What's also funny is those celtic armbands that a lot of people have been so fond of were originally used by the celts to mark slaves.

Oh and speaking of culture tattoos that only make the culture laugh at you, there's actually a website badhebrewtattoo.com. That showcases tattoos in hebrew, or of a jewish nature that made some horrendous mistake. The most common one was people getting hebrew writing tattooed reading from left to right, instead of right to left.

Oh and speaking of culture tattoos that only make the culture laugh at you, there's actually a website badhebrewtattoo.com. That showcases tattoos in hebrew, or of a jewish nature that made some horrendous mistake. The most common one was people getting hebrew writing tattooed reading from left to right, instead of right to left.

I saw that in a Subway last year with a girl who had Arabic lettering tattooed on the back of her neck (I'm assuming so customers had something to look at while doing their business) and it was done all jacked up. It appeared as if it was done backward (left to right) because each character was independent, not joined together. It didn't spell anything from the proper way (right to left) and from left to right it was the phonetic spelling of a western name. So it was done doubly wrong. But hey, she is so cultured.

Here are mine ...

Newest one is on my arm.

Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:7 (Don't pay attention to the cologne - It was a wedding picture)

4e6f3264.jpg

This is my back piece. I plan to add to it later. Freehand drawn with sharpies. Was a bit worried at what it originally looked like. After it was done - simply breathtaking.

6f963c30.jpg

4d718cc9.jpg

cd6de845.jpg

Here's my most recent. It has to do with the Black Company book series if anybody is familiar with it. I'm not 100% happy with it as you can see where the background goes from solid black to being greyish. It seemed like the artist either got lazy or decided it was taking too long. Suffice it to say that parlor and artist won't be getting anymore of my business.

2vljy89.jpg

This one was my first. Done by the aforementioned parlor and artist years ago. The words say "Your time will come"

29zttmq.jpg

Sorry the pictures are crap, but my phone aint that smart.

I've got another on my back, but I couldn't exactly get a decent picture of that one.

Edited by Ebow1