Do you ever see other people carrying?

well...I'm former Marine... but I wear skinny jeans and v-neck shirts...kind of look like a hipster... people probably wouldnt suspect I have a g-27 tucked in my pants...but I do :), very rare that i see someone carriing... i did see someone at TJ Maxx in Smyrna that was wareing shorts and a golf shirt and was printing something fierce... never really see someone open carry that i can recall... but if im going to shoot out in the country i probably will... if i stop at a gas station for a drink or something o well...

Edited by carter

I saw an employee at Electronics Express in Spring Hill OC'ing yesterday. And no, it wasn't a Halloween costume. I like the know that others carry but it kinda threw me off to see a salesman walking around the store in work clothes doing it. I didn't get a good look at the gun but it was a 'classic'. It was a large frame blued revolver at least .357 or .44. He looked ridiculous really and was walking around in an inconspicuous way. Must be a newbie.

I saw an employee at Electronics Express in Spring Hill OC'ing yesterday. And no, it wasn't a Halloween costume. I like the know that others carry but it kinda threw me off to see a salesman walking around the store in work clothes doing it. I didn't get a good look at the gun but it was a 'classic'. It was a large frame blued revolver at least .357 or .44. He looked ridiculous really and was walking around in an inconspicuous way. Must be a newbie.

He worked there and was OC'ing? Might have to dust off the 686 and check him out tomorrow. Only other time I've seen an employee carrying was at a gun shop, besides LEO of course.

Only spotted 2 people ever (aside from friends I know carry and I check to see if obvious. Of course if you know they have one, you can probably locate it).

1 was at my local Food City on Clinton Highway. When he leaned over for beer near me I noticed the grip showing through the Tshirt.

Other was at the showing of the "2016" movie. But I was looking for it there due to nature of movie and being after the Colorado incident. As soon as one man took off his jacket he was printing. Again, I was confident I would see one there.

Other than that, I never look to see what I can spot. Now that its winter I know they will be even harder to see. In fact I love the cold for that one reason.
I rarely see concealed carry, unless it prints or is exposed inadvertently. I have seen quite a few open carriers. Even one on a motorcycle that passed me on Alcoa Hwy.

My eyes are drawn to certain things. I'm a gun nut and a bit OCD. I see exposed firearms and misspellings without looking for them.

My wife, on the other hand, can tell you the color of clothes a person was wearing but not if they had a handgun or not. Whereas I usually don't even know what SHE is wearing. Weird, but that's how we're wired.

As an aside, I did once spot an obvious carrier wearing a fanny pack. I was working in the Smokies and asked him what he was carrying. I never thought that blood draining from someone's face actually happened, but it sure did with him. This was before concealed carry was legal in National Parks. Turns out he was a cop from Chicago (still not legal). He made it a quick point to show me his LE credentials. Like I cared anyway. I just wanted to talk guns. I pointed out that he was in a free(er) state and not that big a deal. But being from IL, he sure thought it was.

I just hope that he will return the consideration if he encounters someone from outside the state who is carrying for their protection. But I doubt it somehow.

Will
  • 1 month later...
Spotted one today in market square. Tell tale clip on the belt then saw the outline. I know my clips show as well, but I don't care if it does. I think only other carriers notice anyways.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I never OC and I have never been asked about my CC. I do take extra steps to try and not print. I wear loose fitting clothes most of the time and if I don't have a loose cover shirt I have a very light wind breaker jacket on. If I am going into an area of Nashville that has a reputation not favorable for any reason I have two CC's and I always have back up mags with me for what ever I am CCing at that time. I know a lot of my buddies that carry and I have observed them in stores and you cannot ever tell that any of them are CCing. We just make it a point not to stand out in a crowd. I have seen a few OC in past year or so and only seen a few prints in Walmart and Krogers.

I've spotted more people CCing in Florida than I ever did in TN. Even though OC isn't legal down here I don't put a lot of effort into concealing. It's too damn hot to carry IWB sometimes so I'll use my paddle holster with a large t shirt and hope for the best.

I've seen 3 OC'ers around town in the last 2 weeks... Walmart and a restaurant. I don't notice the cc'ers very often though. I sometimes OC a Ruger SBH if I've been working on my property, otherwise I have a Tshirt over a Glock, HK or Keltec (depending on the mood). Now that the weather is turning cooler, I'll prob be carrying the HK USPc more.
Guest RebelCowboySnB

Its an off day in Georgia when I am out an about a dont see a gun. Never saw what I though was someone CCing but I see OCers all the time.

I've only made one guy recently.  I see plenty of people doing the OC thing, however.   I sometimes have to stifle my strong desire to counsel them about their choice of gear since it's right there in view...especially the guy whose cheap dress belt was cinched so tight that I thought he was going to pass out. :)

I've only made one guy recently.  I see plenty of people doing the OC thing, however.   I sometimes have to stifle my strong desire to counsel them about their choice of gear since it's right there in view...especially the guy whose cheap dress belt was cinched so tight that I thought he was going to pass out. :)

You would likely have judgements about my crappy friction belt I wear.  It holds my pants up and it keeps my gun on.  Not much else I can ask for out of a belt, but it sure ain't tacticool.

You would likely have judgements about my crappy friction belt I wear.  It holds my pants up and it keeps my gun on.  Not much else I can ask for out of a belt, but it sure ain't tacticool.

Doubt it.  Like I said, it appeared that the guy was in great discomfort from trying to use a dress belt as a gun belt.  You could even see a couple of stretched out extra holes that clearly showed the belt was not up to the task.

There is a difference.