The benefits of having a bad memory

Now I will admit my memory isn't what is used to be and I forget a lot of stuff since my accident. Stuff I really shouldn't like names are really bad as well as my short term memory. When I go to sleep it is even worse because I forget a lot of the previous day when I wake up.

But it isn't all bad that bad because when I open up TGO in the morning I find myself looking at what appears to be all new topics even though some already have a dozen pages of replies. And I get to relive the emotions and exploration of these "new" topics that I don't remember from the day before. It is like watching reruns for the first time but doing it over and over again.

It is especially fun trying to remember what it was I posted in some of the threads before opening them up.

I write or save everything important now otherwise I would go crazy.

But in the end having a "new" TGO everyday isn't all that bad.

Dolomite

• Like 1

Now I will admit my memory isn't what is used to be and I forget a lot of stuff since my accident. Stuff I really shouldn't like names are really bad as well as my short term memory. When I go to sleep it is even worse because I forget a lot of the previous day when I wake up.

But it isn't all bad that bad because when I open up TGO in the morning I find myself looking at what appears to be all new topics even though some already have a dozen pages of replies. And I get to relive the emotions and exploration of these "new" topics that I don't remember from the day before. It is like watching reruns for the first time but doing it over and over again.

It is especially fun trying to remember what it was I posted in some of the threads before opening them up.

I write or save everything important now otherwise I would go crazy.

But in the end having a "new" TGO everyday isn't all that bad.

Dolomite

Count me in on this too!

Dave S

Guest Wildogre

I also suffer from what I call "Sometimers" some times I remember and sometimes I don't. I have lost my keys for hours. I also have a hard time remembering phone numbers. Names and faces are also hard for me.

Hello Dolomite Supafly, it's a pleasure to meet you.

I have the same issues. It used to make my wife so mad she'd cry. She just shrugs it off now a decade later. She's come to terms with my lunacy.

Reminds me of a buddy of mine who was pretty mad about being medicated for a diagnosis of ADD. He used to say the one good thing about ADD is that things never seem to bother you for very long. Get upset about something, give it a minute....wait...what?

• Like 2

I have been known to drive into town then realize I forgot what I left the house to do. How come women don't have this problem? My wife can remember intimate details from a conversation that took place years ago, and I forget my own birthday. It can't be that I'm getting older, its always been this way.

Edited by TMF

I have been known to drive into town then realize I forgot what I left the house to do. How come women don't have this problem? My wife can remember intimate details from a conversation that took place years ago, and I forget my own birthday. It can't be that I'm getting older, its always been this way.

I feel your pain. I'll be in my spare room in the house at my fly tying bench and get up and walk out to the shop for something, stop in the doorway of the shop, then wonder why I even walked out there. Won't remember why until I go back to my bench. Very, very aggravating!

I can sit here on TGO at 10:00 at night, and try to remember what I cooked for supper or even if I ate at all. Not good!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

You even forgot to sign with your signaure "-OS", wow you are losing your memoy

Losing it, but can still spell it. :)

Twisted joke:

Doc: I have bad news and really bad news.

Patient: What's the bad news?

Doc: You're showing symptoms of Alzheimer's.

Patient: Oh, my. So what's the really bad news?

Doc: You have AIDS.

Patient: Well, it could be worse, I could have AIDS or something, eh?

- OS

• 1 year later...

The memory loss thing is really starting to bug me.  For a number of years, I have seen a downward slope in my memory.  In the past 2-3 years, I have seen the slope become sharper.  I have mentioned this problem to my doctor, he took note of it, and says welcome to old age.  I use to take great pride in my memory, no need to write down passwords, no need to write down my debit card pw, and definitely no need write down my gun safe combo.  Last night, went to open the gun safe, and had a brain fart, and for the life of me, for a few seconds, could not remember my safe combo.  Then I locked myself out for 5 mins, my safe has one of those electric locks with like 2 grace entries before shutting down.  Errrrrr!

Where will my mind be in 20 years?  Will I discover I love guns then for the first time?  Maybe my wife can just present me with my own guns, as if they are new.  Then I could consider my wife one of the coolest people on earth!  Well, wait a minute, maybe that what she has been doing already!  :stare:

Guest Lowbuster
I think we all have memory loss. I went to a funeral, tied my tie and realized it was too short so untied and I'll be damned, it took me thirty minutes to remember how to tie it back. Just took 15 seconds the first time.