Boycotting the NFL!

MiddTennTaco

If any of you watched the Seahawks vs Packers game tonight - you know exactly what I am talking about. That is by far the worst game I have ever seen in my life! I have watched football my entire life and I can't help how I feel now. This is a travesty! I have seen a lot of bad games and bad calls but nothing even comes close to touching the calls made in this game.

Those of you who haven't seen the game probably think I am being petty but you have to see this game for yourself. It is unbelievable! Heck, just watch the highlights! I am boycotting the NFL until things get fixed.

Unbelievable...

I find it amusing. They (player, ref's, commentators, NFL employees, etc.) go on and on about how it's about love for the game. Except when it's about money. When money is on the line, they'll gladly screw anyone and everyone for a few extra $$.

It's also really nice to see these grown men who like to present themselves as professionals (the players & coaches) acting like a bunch of 6th graders in a sand lot game. The scuffles, the trash talk.... nice professionalism. :rolleyes:

It's one thing to miss a call live but how can anyone watch the replay of the last play and not rule it an interception rather than a TD? That being said, I've seen the real refs do the same thing. The ref with the best angle didn't signal for a TD! Why could he tell the other ref that he was wrong this real refs do? It is kinda fun to see how they will top their level of incompetience each week!

It's about the money. Always has been. Always will be. All of Goodell's talk about protecting the brand, player safety, stiff fines, etc all has to do with protecting the money the brand delivers. Even with the replacement refs, TV viewership is still solid. That means mo money mo money mo money. The league couldn't care less about the $3.3 million it would take to settle this with the refs. Any one of the owners could write a check for that and close the whole mess. But caving in to the refs for the paltry $3.3m will mean big money out of their pockets when it's time to re-up the players' union contract. That's something they won't stand for.

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest dfsixstring
I am boycotting the NFL until things get fixed...

Have you stopped to think that these NFL refs that belong to the players union make about $150K/year and only work about 20 games? Most of these also have full time jobs besides.

They want full pensions, job guarantees and pay increases to $190k. This is the same thing the teachers union (well...all unions) were fighting for in Chicago.

I, for one, hope the NFL doesn't cave to these unions. It is a major part of what's wrong in our country.

Dfsixstring

SR9c

LCP

RST4S

Have you stopped to think that these NFL refs that belong to the players union make about $150K/year and only work about 20 games? Most of these also have full time jobs besides.

They want full pensions, job guarantees and pay increases to $190k. This is the same thing the teachers union (well...all unions) were fighting for in Chicago.

I, for one, hope the NFL doesn't cave to these unions. It is a major part of what's wrong in our country.

I don't think that's a very honest comparison. NFL refs are the elite in their jobs. Only the very best can do that job. The screw-ups this season have proven that. They are very thoroughly evaluated. If teachers' unions would submit to the scrutiny and demanding perfection that NFL refs face, then maybe we could make a comparison there. Avoiding that scrutiny through evaluations is exactly what many unions are trying to do. If we had a way to find the very best teachers and dump the rest, they'd deserve much better pay and benefits, and we'd be stuck with a severe teacher shortage.

As for part-time, Ed Hochuli is a full-time lawyer and during the season, a 40+ hour ref.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nothing--part-time--about-ed-hochuli-s-approach-to-game-as-nfl-s-most-famous-referee.html