TNGunowners Secret Santa!

Finally got some time now that my vacation has started. Whoever my secret Santa is, it's like he knows me well. I got an electric ratchet, a set of standard and metric sockets, and some much needed 7.62x54R ammo on clips. C7B2E930-5E0A-4AC4-9A33-DB6104172304-397 These are really some great gifts, my mother is obsessed with lawn and porch furniture, particularly the build it yourself stuff. The ratchet will make building up her next bench a breeze and I'm already going around the house looking for other things to fix. I love it. The ammo will get put to its proper use and be disposed of (loudly) ;) Thanks secret Santa, and thanks to metalhead for putting this together. Can't wait for Christmas in July. Merry Christmas guys and gals.

[quote name="DaveS" post="869092" timestamp="1356549780"][font='comic sans ms', cursive][size=12][size=14]Well, I guess my "Secret Santa" went AWOL or is MIA![/size][/size][/font]   [font='comic sans ms', cursive][size=12][size=14]Dave S[/size][/size][/font][/quote] That's BS! I know of one other who got stiffed but that one got buttoned up quick. Let's just hope it's the failings of our lovely postal peoples.
Guest D.B. Cooper

I was happy to see that my recipient liked his gift!  

I was a little confused by mine. It appears to be a pistol grip for a shotgun?  But I don't see where it goes on my Mossy 500a... It would leave quite a gap if I installed it.  I would have PM'd my Santa, but he "can not receive any new messages" :shrug:  Anyway, I appreciate the thought!  

2012-12-27%2009.11.24.jpg

I'm sorry guys, I've been wiped out by work this past few weeks. I have this weekend to rest, so I will be trying to get a few things sorted out with a couple folks here.

I feel like overall it went pretty well this year for the first time doing this. I do think I will be doing things slightly different next year. Lessons learned, and all that.

• Like 1
It is not your fault. You did everything right. Problem is I think some people didn't think sending out a gift as being important.

And in my eyes those that agreed to be a part of if then didn't follow through are welchers. It is especially upsetting to think that some people actually received something then didn't send anything out. Or that some agreed to be a part of it to get something for free.

This was supposed to be about doing something nice for your fellow members.

Dolomite
  • Like 1
I agree 100% Dolomite. I hate to think anykne in this community would do it. But obviously there were some gifts with very lil thought put in, some that got shipped much to late, and some that never got shipped at all.... To all the guys who didn't receivie anything, Im very sorry your own experince was bad. For those that didnt ship anything but got something back. Shame on you for taking advantage of people.

I think there needs to be a crappy santa list for the next time we do one of these. If you didnt follow through you dont get to participate next time. Or take it one step further and have a Mod put a negative feedback in their i-trader :D

I think there needs to be a crappy santa list for the next time we do one of these. If you didnt follow through you dont get to participate next time. Or take it one step further and have a Mod put a negative feedback in their i-trader :D

How about we call it the Grinch list rather than the crapp Santa list. Seems more fitting to call them a Grinch.

Dolomite

[quote name="maroonandwhite" post="869987" timestamp="1356648995"]We could go to their house and leave them a nasty mean note; Metalhead does have the addresses after all. :rofl:[/quote] You bring up an interesting point. While going to their house would be a bad idea, a very well written letter would certainly be in order.
  • Admin Team
David's a good man.

If I find out anyone who received something without turning around and sending something to someone else it will not be a good day for their membership status.

That said, it's only a few days after Christmas. I guess we can give it a week.

Let me know privately if you didn't receive a gift.
  • Like 3
I know that people are strapped for cash and all..but if you going to send a crappy worn out item that looks like it belongs it the garbage

don't send anything at all..or might just as well slap that person in the face.I am sorry TGO David but I am really disgusted by this...The integrity of some people on here is rather sad.I am really disappointed.Why sign up and then not follow thru.
Im probably as strapped as anyone here, but I put in several hours at the anvil to make something very nice for the member I got, then spent the extra money to make sure it was scary sharp, and shipped in a timely manner. Im glad most people had fun, but its so disappointing that people would take advantge of this situation.
Guest Travtastik

Well to try and bring some cheer back to the thread I got my gift Wednesday and hadn't had a chance to get a pic up. I got some stormproof matches 2 small campuses a pair of 308 cuff links and 2 of something I am not sure what they are. I think they are snares but can't figure it out. If someone can help me out that would be great and sorry to ruin by having to ask. 3ajuvy9e.jpge9y6e3yp.jpg

These links are awesome by the way. I showed my wife and she said I had to go buy a 308 if I didn't have one already. Maybe I can wear the links while I go shop for a new 308 rifle.

As for people slacking on gifts I really thought the members here wouldn't do something like that. I had trouble staying in budget and seemed there were several that went over. I don't know If this is something that David can or would handle but I don't want to buy something from them knowing they did someone wrong with this. Maybe negative feedback in I trader or something to let everyone know.

I am in for doing it again when ever we do it.