How much do you follow sports?

How much do you follow sports?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you follow sports?

• I know all the stats, about every player and what the coach ate for dinner.
    • I catch the games and know who won or lost.
    • Don't really watch sports.

I wouldn't say you're an oddball, but I try to pay attention enough to know what I'm talking about. In baseball it's easy because its all about stats, batting average, or earned runs etc. football is different for me. I can't look at a defense and tell you the scheme, I know the positions and can recognize a missed assignment but that's about it. I may be able to tell you the stats from last weeks game but generally don't know every players name and stats.

When work does not interfere and they are on TV i don't miss a ND game.

I probably saw all or part of 80 Reds games so far this season and Sundays revolve around the Bengals on radio and my fantasy football teams.

If I am home on Friday nights I watch my high school football games on the internet or listen to them at least.

Other than that sports are a waste of time.

I'd rather do something than watch.

I've felt this way my whole life.

Having said that...when my wife and I lived in Wrigleyville, we really enjoyed going to the games and following the Cubs through the season. I haven't watched a game since we left, two years ago. (I did go to the TN/Detroit game two weeks ago but I can't say I "watched" any of it)

I will not miss a ND game. I follow all other college football. I keep up with my fantasy football team. I follow local wrestling still and I will watch the NCAA championships, the pan am games, and the olympics.

I absolutley despise baseball.

I don't even watch any of it. I've been to two or three Titans games and a UT game because it was free for me but I don't even know all the rules of football. My two good friends are walking statistic machines for college and NFL players. It's ridiculous. I can name any player and they will instantly tell you where they went to high school/college and so much more.

Edited by glowdotGlock

I am *so* disconnected from any sports which involve balls or wheels, that it is socially awkward for me. I have zero comprehension, and worse no inclination. I am so inept in regard to competitive sports that my friends and associates (??) think that I am joking (a bad one at that), a sociopath, or just a moron. They don't even bother to invite me to game parties anymore, but *do* invite my wife!

It's just hard to imagine folks know THAT much about sports and the players. I guess it's no different than knowing all the stuff about guns or video games that I do (or think I do anyways). I do actually envy these guys a little though. I do miss out on some good conversations and/or arguments.

I like to occasionally wear my ol' comfortable wore out Titans hat but sometimes people see it and start rambling on to me about how many sacks so and so player had last game. I just kinda nod and say I like my hat.

HA! That happend to me in Bass Pro. I got a free Saints T-shirt for ordering boxes at work and was wearing it that night. Some girl randomly looked at me and said "What's the score?" I had no idea what she was talking about.
  • Like 1

My Sundays revolve around Titans football. I'll watch a few others but none with "Peyton Manning" in it! I love hunting and fishing, but I flat out refuse to watch a hunting show on TV! All other sports don't exist in my life!

Dave S

The biggest problem I have with it now is the ego's/attitudes of some of the players. There are still some good role models playing but some of them are just bad eggs IMO. I guess they don't realize a lot of youngsters are still looking at them and want to be like them one day.

I'm between 1 and 2. Watching football, baseball, or softball games is enjoyable for me. I get into a little more than most but not so much I call into talk radio and make an arse of myself. Listening to a sports radio station kills me. The callers always use the words "we" and "us". "We need to run the ball more" The only thing that links the caller and the team is the callers money.

Yes and I will draw my weapon and shoot him and do the time if I ever meet him in person. That is when I got really mad at the game. A bunch of thugs with too much money.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Absolutely. Pacman Jones lived down the street from me in Franklin and he proved that he was a thug. Shady people going in and out all the time. Glad he's GONE.