The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

No one thought they focused heavily on the scientists tea? It seemed they where big on having the two girls drink it.

I thought that was very suspicious too. I almost wonder if there is some medicine or chemical in it keeping everyone calm. Though the governor did drink it so that poles a hole in that theory.

At breakfast, scientist guy sure was drinking a LOT of that tea. Must be a leftover stash from Mrs. Winner's.

Maybe it's a zed repellent or something. Andrea asked "what's the secret" (about keeping out hordes) and Gov plays it cagey with answer.

- OS

I didn't care for this episode much.

It might be that because I haven't liked Andrea since last season, and Michonne, while promising, is coming off too broody. Yeah, you lost loved ones, the world went south, everything sucks, and everyone is suffering, not just you.

I think the troops getting killed was more about the Military Chain of Command than anything else. The Gov would have let them in, IF they would play by his rules, but I doubt they would, thus he kills them, takes their loot and moves on.

I still think Randall came from this group.

I like how when Andrea was giving the recap of what happened, she left Shane out. However, in all the confusion, I don't think she knew that Rick and Carl killed him twice.

I am not sure about Andrea, her character just did a complete 180* from where she was last season. I don't like her. She marches to the beat of her own drum and was a liability to the safety of the group at large last season. Right now, she seems to be swinging the other way and ready to settle down in Woodbury.

Now, the real treat of last night's episode was Ash, er, I mean Merle.

He has changed. He is less hateful, he works within the group. He takes orders and doesn't spout hate throughout the whole encounter. I really liked his speech about having a gun pointed at him. I kinda have to side with that.

The dynamic between him, the white coat and the Gov is interesting. That whole interaction about 'the dog' eating something. Poking a bear so many times before being mauled... Just why are they keeping Merle there, and why is he so... docile? Why is the Governor asking about Daryl, concern for a favorite lackey's missing sibling, or does Merle, and maybe Daryl as well offer something to the Governor, and the white coat.

And what is so special about that damn tea?

No one thought they focused heavily on the scientists tea? It seemed they where big on having the two girls drink it.

I thought that was very suspicious too. I almost wonder if there is some medicine or chemical in it keeping everyone calm. Though the governor did drink it so that poles a hole in that theory.

Guvner seemed glad to hear that Merle's brother was still alive.Something going on there too.

I nailed all of that a page ago.

I am wondering where it is going.

Edited by Murgatroy

?? Haven't seen anything in the whole thread about the tea.

The last line of my post that I quoted.

"And what is so special about that damn tea?"

I wonder if the doctor just makes that good of a tea, or if there is something in it? Then again, the whole dynamic with Merle and the whole "The Dog ate my homework" statement.

The last line of my post that I quoted.

"And what is so special about that damn tea?"

I wonder if the doctor just makes that good of a tea, or if there is something in it? Then again, the whole dynamic with Merle and the whole "The Dog ate my homework" statement.

Sure enough, I read through it twice and missed both times. My bad.

I thought the episode was a little on the boring side, but I think it was necessary to set up future episodes. It seems like the story is moving away from centering on Zombies and more toward coping in a new world. Everyone is kind of casual around the Walkers now. The real drama is going to be between the living.

I did find it interesting the different words the Woodbury group use for the Walkers. They call them Biters, and say they "Turned" once a person dies and comes back. I also heard Andrea mention a "herd" and saw a brief contemplation of the word from Merle.

The Gov is definintely a strange one. Not sure why he NEVER says his name. I found that odd.

I also liked the discussion about Michionne's pets. The scientist guy said that take away their ability to eat by removing their arms and jaws, and they lose interest in feeding. I never bought that they didn't still try to attack people. I guess this explains it. It was also interesting to learn that keeping the pets disguised the smell of the living and Walkers would go right past.

Another thing I'm a little confused about is the heads in the tank with the eyes still moving around. I thought once you cut the head off the Walker was done. Maybe it has to to be a destroyed brain to officially do them in. If so, there are going to be a lot of zombie heads all over the place. I noticed the big generator thing in the room with the tanks of heads. Maybe he's got some kind of thing keeping them artificially alive.

Another thing I'm a little confused about is the heads in the tank with the eyes still moving around. I thought once you cut the head off the Walker was done.

You do indeed have to destroy the brain. If you simply decapitate the zombies then their brain remains intact and they still bite.

[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1351896523' post='837987']
I would think without a set of lungs providing oxygen, the brain would die pretty quick. Maybe the tanks and the electrical equipment provide the oxygen somehow. Still, Michonne's pets' heads were there too and I'm sure they didn't get into the tank right away.
[/quote]
I don't think it's about the brain being alive so much as it is about the brain being intact. While the brain is intact, even though the person is dead, the virus can send neurons around the brain to control the body. Therefore, a decapitated head with an intact brain can still have the mouth controlled by the virus. However, once the brain / brain stem are damaged, neurons can no longer flow correctly, and thus the zombie is "dead".

I'm not discounting your idea, just giving my own take on the whole zombie head situation. Either way, I think we can all agree, zombie heads still capable of biting are a danger.

[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1351896523' post='837987']
I would think without a set of lungs providing oxygen, the brain would die pretty quick. Maybe the tanks and the electrical equipment provide the oxygen somehow. Still, Michonne's pets' heads were there too and I'm sure they didn't get into the tank right away.
[/quote]

It's clear you haven't read the American Zombie Rule Book.

How are you on vampires and werewolves? ;)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1351524238' post='835386']
I made the assumption that the ###hole killed the troops because he assumed they would be a threat to his control/leadership and who knows, they might have turned out to be. Not making excuses for the governor of course...it really pissed me off to see that massacre and I look forward to a show where, I hope, he'll get what's coming to him. ;)
[/quote]He did it merely for the weapons, vehicles and supplies. Like you, I can't wait until he gets it.

The governor is collecting women and repopulating. My guess is he will try to find Rick's group and kill the men and take the women. Daryl and Merle have a conflict coming for sure. Daryl will either see his brother and want to be with him again, and at the same time, he will want to stay with the group. OR Daryl will stick solely with the group and try to kill anybody including Merle who threatens the prison.
  • Like 1