The Walking Dead Season 3!!

CM1021

Guest The Dude

I usually cheer for the bad guys in shows and movies, but this Gov. is def. a douche IMO. Rick wouldnt have killed the troops. He would have likely seen them as an asset until one of them made a move to pose a threat to him or the group. Much like the convicts that he killed. He left the other 2 alive for now, and that says a lot about his character. Sooner or later the two groups are going to meet, and it will good.

On another note, does anyone else think the Governor's henchman, the big black guy with the tight and short dreads, could turn into the comic's version of Tyreese? I have never really thought that T-Dog was supposed to be him.

I hope T-Dog kills him. These guys with the Gov. are not morally stable and seem to kill others and dont mind doing so. Ricks group will do so out of protection of the group. The slaying of the troops was uncalled for, as they didnt pose a threat at all to those at Woodbury, as they didnt even know where it was.

. The slaying of the troops was uncalled for, as they didnt pose a threat at all to those at Woodbury, as they didnt even know where it was.

I made the assumption that the ###hole killed the troops because he assumed they would be a threat to his control/leadership and who knows, they might have turned out to be. Not making excuses for the governor of course...it really pissed me off to see that massacre and I look forward to a show where, I hope, he'll get what's coming to him.;)

On another note, does anyone else think the Governor's henchman, the big black guy with the tight and short dreads, could turn into the comic's version of Tyreese? I have never really thought that T-Dog was supposed to be him.

I was thinking the same thing - the way they had Michonne and him staring each other down.

Either way it will be interesting.

Michonne is like Snake Eyes fron GI Joe. Always present, yet peripheral...doesn't speak or communicate much, but sweeps in and kills a bunch.

I read through comic 80 or so (I think the prison/governor arch is in the 30's?)...and even after all that, she isn't a huge character. She is basically the black version of Uma in Kill Bill...born of a era when all action movies starred an ass-kicking 130lb chick breaking the arms and legs of 230 lbs men ad nauseum. Wait, we are still in that era of action films.

Edited by atlas3025
Michonne is like Snake Eyes fron GI Joe. Always present, yet peripheral...doesn't speak or communicate much, but sweeps in and kills a bunch.

I read through comic 80 or so (I think the prison/governor arch is in the 30's?)...and even after all that, she isn't a huge character. She is basically the black version of Uma in Kill Bill...born of a era when all action movies starred an ass-kicking 130lb chick breaking the arms and legs of 230 lbs men ad nauseum. Wait, we are still in that era of action films.

I have digital copy's of every single issue and she shows up less and less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF was with the heads...?

Quiz:

Why is The governor keeping the ladies around and not killing them?

1) they need breeding stock

2) want to find out where their group is so they can get more supplies

3) comfort women

4) other?

I'm going with 2

I didn't care for this episode much.

It might be that because I haven't liked Andrea since last season, and Michonne, while promising, is coming off too broody. Yeah, you lost loved ones, the world went south, everything sucks, and everyone is suffering, not just you.

I think the troops getting killed was more about the Military Chain of Command than anything else. The Gov would have let them in, IF they would play by his rules, but I doubt they would, thus he kills them, takes their loot and moves on.

I still think Randall came from this group.

I like how when Andrea was giving the recap of what happened, she left Shane out. However, in all the confusion, I don't think she knew that Rick and Carl killed him twice.

I am not sure about Andrea, her character just did a complete 180* from where she was last season. I don't like her. She marches to the beat of her own drum and was a liability to the safety of the group at large last season. Right now, she seems to be swinging the other way and ready to settle down in Woodbury.

Now, the real treat of last night's episode was Ash, er, I mean Merle.

He has changed. He is less hateful, he works within the group. He takes orders and doesn't spout hate throughout the whole encounter. I really liked his speech about having a gun pointed at him. I kinda have to side with that.

The dynamic between him, the white coat and the Gov is interesting. That whole interaction about 'the dog' eating something. Poking a bear so many times before being mauled... Just why are they keeping Merle there, and why is he so... docile? Why is the Governor asking about Daryl, concern for a favorite lackey's missing sibling, or does Merle, and maybe Daryl as well offer something to the Governor, and the white coat.

And what is so special about that damn tea?

Guest The Dude

Merle has changed. Not the same hate monger we seen in season 1. Seems to be able to control himself a bit better. And Randal, Dave and Tony prolly did come from this group. Im not so sure about Andrea either. Not sure if I trust her at the moment, like I did last season. Its hard to say why the interest in Daryl. Whatever the outcome, I dont see Daryl leaving the group to be with the Gov and his group.

Either way, its going to be a good season. Lots going on that remains to be seen.

....I like how when Andrea was giving the recap of what happened, she left Shane out. However, in all the confusion, I don't think she knew that Rick and Carl killed him twice.

She couldn't have, Rick/Carl just coming back to farm when the horde attacked. Also, she didn't know that everyone carries the virus, 'cause wasn't with rest of group when Rick came clean about that.

- OS

She couldn't have, Rick/Carl just coming back to farm when the horde attacked. Also, she didn't know that everyone carries the virus, 'cause wasn't with rest of group when Rick came clean about that.

- OS

That is a good point, I remember that revelation last night, when she was upset about the Gov killing one of the soldiers.

yeah..but why?..

Unless......well..nahhhh.....

The vibe I got from the comics was that this was his replacement for TV, look at the heads and remember the events that lead up to them. Which is classic trophy taking behavior. Using a certain type of item to trigger memories of the events.