Ready to buy a Glock 19...Give me a thumbs up or your reason not to

Guest BPM

[quote name='TGO David' timestamp='1351869263' post='837768']
Persuasive.
[/quote]

I was convinced too. Gonna man up, stop whining, and get one of these manly man's guns because everything else is just garbage. OP better get one too, because there is about to be a run on them.

Walther PPQ would by my suggestion

.... Better trigger & grip angle than the Glock. Downsides to a PPQ - Aftermarket is taking a while to catch up, and the bore axis is a bit higher.

Next option would be an XDm 9mm Compact.

Lastly Glock. Glocks are incredible firearms, I've just never cared for them, and I've tried to several times :)

Hit up a local range and go shooooot some holes in paper and go from there!

The cost of spare mags isn't the only issue with the PPQ. Try and find the gun itself! Everywhere you look they're sold out. I was seriously considering one, except I won't buy any gun sight-unseen, and there's no place around here that has or can get one.
[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1351881808' post='837896']
Only issue with the PPQ is the price for spare mags

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Magnum Research is the one that actually makes PPQ mags. If you go around Walther and order non branded Magnum Research magazines, the are relatively cheap. The only difference between the two mags is red/black follower, and no special coating.

$25-30?

[b]PRODUCT Magnum Research BDE Fast Action 9mm 15 Round Magazine
PRICE $27.78 $111.12[/b]

This is from my receipt -- I bought 4.

[quote name='jdw174' timestamp='1351882663' post='837902']
The cost of spare mags isn't the only issue with the PPQ. Try and find the gun itself! Everywhere you look they're sold out. I was seriously considering one, except I won't buy any gun sight-unseen, and there's no place around here that has or can get one.
[/quote]

The distributors that local shops around TN use, don't seem to be getting any. I'm sure, if you called up 10-12 gun stores around you, someone will have a 9 or 40 for you to "feel"

As for buying them -- It was tricky a few weeks/months back, but it looks like S&W just imported quite a few as they can be found quite a few places:

http://grabagun.com/walther-ppq-9mm-4-1-blk-pol-15rd-fs.html

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72065/Walther+PPQ9+9mm+4.1%22+15Rd.+Black
Guest The Dude
I just picked up a G17 gen 3 with the FDE frame. I like it. Another pistol thats in the price range you quoted us would be the FNH guns. Quality, and dependable with a polymer frame. I have one of their FNP-45's. Very nice guns, and can be had without a manual saftey with a decocker.

[quote name='TGO David' timestamp='1351889138' post='837953']
I go back to my previous statement about firearms being a subjective item. :)

[i]Should I buy a Glock 19[/i]?[i] [/i]has turned into another thread with suggestions for multiple other firearms. :lol:
[/quote]

As it should be ;) LOLOL

I would like to add, the OP in his title does state [i]"or your reason not to"[/i] -- That right there is an invitation to open up firearm suggestions!!!! LOL

Edited by xRUSTYx
Thumbs up on the G19. It's one of my favorite pistols. The other two being the G30 and Les Baer1911. I just picked up a Gen4 G19 with TFO night sights on Tuesday and I have no doubt that I will like it. I can't say if it is better than the Gen3, because the Gen3 is as good as it gets. Unlike the other glocks, I'm going to leave this one bone stock.
I've EDC my G19 for 2 years and have had about 2k worth of ammo thru it (eats everything), and it keeps on chugging. Lots of aftermarket options with it, and have only modified the sights. Great pistol...and... its an RTF model to boot... still love it even though my sig gets equal carry time now.
Guest drv2fst
Glocks are not my favorite gun but I still have some of them and will buy more. You can't go wrong with a Glock. It might not be as _______________ as my favorite ___________, but it is simple, functional, and reliable. That may be all they are good at but that's plenty and all we really need anyway. I may like others better but I always have a Glock or two.
Guest The Dude

[quote name='TGO David' timestamp='1351889138' post='837953']
I go back to my previous statement about firearms being a subjective item. :)

[i]Should I buy a Glock 19[/i]?[i] [/i]has turned into another thread with suggestions for multiple other firearms. :lol:
[/quote]

Im bad about doing this.

Thumbs down. They are good guns but I don’t buy foreign made when I have an American made choice that is better. Smith & Wesson M&P.

Support your country’s economy with your purchases when you can. Oh yeah, and go vote Obama out of office Tuesday.
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1351898076' post='837999']
Thumbs down. They are good guns but I don’t buy foreign made when I have an American made choice that is better. Smith & Wesson M&P.

Support your country’s economy with your purchases when you can. Oh yeah, and go vote Obama out of office Tuesday.
[/quote]

M&P is a darned good pistol. I've owned five of them. I Still have three in the safe that I would trade to get a few of my old Glocks back. Those dang Glocks won't let me carry anything else. They simply work for me. I'll support the economy by continuing to buy Glocks from the local gun store and TGO. I'll buy ammo from Midway USA and Dicks, but i'm a junky for the Austrian crack. Edited by LINKS2K
Guest bulluck533
For under $600 out the door the whole only ones worth checking in on are the Springfield XD 9mm which usually runs a little under or right at a Glock 19, and Also the Smith & Wesson M&P 9 is also a very nice pistol. But you can't go wrong with any of them it's just what fits your hands the best. Congrats on whichever you decide.

Thanks for all the info! To clear up a few things, I'm far from new to guns. I competed in highschool on the national level in 10m air rifle(used to own an Anschutz 2002) and small bore rifle and even did a little bit of pistol stuff. I've shot tons of different guns, just not the couple I was asking about. Hell, I've even taught spectators and visitors to shoot for the US Shooting Team so new to guns I am not. As for obama's dumb ass, I voted early. Walked in and out of the place in less than 5 minutes. We better not get stuck with that fool again. To those saying to buy American, I fully agree to buy stuff made by us but will not buy something other than what I want just to make that happen. That being said, there could be more money made in this country on the aftermarket parts for glocks than is offset by sales of the pistols! ;) I'm gonna go feel on some stuff tomorrow and will keep in mind the things yall have said. Again, thanks!!! I'll post more tomorrow.

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1351898076' post='837999']Thumbs down. They are good guns but I don’t buy foreign made when I have an American made choice that is better. Smith & Wesson M&P.

Support your country’s economy with your purchases when you can. Oh yeah, and go vote Obama out of office Tuesday.[/quote]

As to have owning both I dont recall the M&P better

[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1351920383' post='838208']
As to have owning both I dont recall the M&P better

[/quote]

Ditto. I didn't find the M&P to be "better," at all. Different, yes, but certainly not better. This is subjective stuff; whatever works for YOU will be "better" for you.
[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1351944422' post='838248']
Not to mention they have accuracy issues that are well documented and that AWFUL AWFUL factory trigger.

[/quote]
Really? A few glocksters claim accuracy issues with M&P’s, and also claim it’s only the full size 9mm’s and that makes sense to you?

Type “Glock accuracy problems” into Google and let us know if we should believe all those stories also.

The battle for the LEO market is fierce. Because with it comes the private sector. Neither side is above lying nor doing whatever it takes to get it. Glock may be a good gun but they are losing that market to the M&P.

They are both good guns. Heck, I’m just glad to see American guns back in the hands of American cops and I can finally buy Tupperware guns without having to buy foreign or 2nd best.

There is just no reason not to support American gun manufactures to make sure they remain in our country. Edited by DaveTN
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1351947049' post='838271']

The battle for the LEO market is fierce. Because with it comes the private sector. Neither side is above lying nor doing whatever it takes to get it. Glock may be a good gun but they are losing that market to the M&P.

[/quote]
Most likely one of largest suppliers of firearms to law enforcement, GT Distribuhors, has dropped their S&W's because of a lack of agreement with territories. I think it will be harder for S&W to catch up. Edited by Patton

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1351947049' post='838271']
Really? A few glocksters claim accuracy issues with M&P’s, and also claim it’s only the full size 9mm’s and that makes sense to you?

Type “Glock accuracy problems” into Google and let us know if we should believe all those stories also.

They are both good guns. Heck, I’m just glad to see American guns back in the hands of American cops and I can finally buy Tupperware guns without having to buy foreign or 2nd best.

There is just no reason not to support American gun manufactures to make sure they remain in our country.
[/quote]

You know I'm an old S&W guy. I own several. When it comes to the plastic, I'm a Glock fan. I like the M&P line, but traded my copy to Duce for a G19 because he hated the grip angle. Now he doesn't, and has turned into a Glock head like me.

I understand wanting to buy American. I just can't do that with guns. My Brownings weren't made in the US either. I'm gonna own me some Brownings... just can't help it :).