Ugh. was in the market for a stripped lower...

timcar86

Why not just order a lower from a place like D&T?

Just expect a long wait for it!

I ordered a MEGA MATEN upper and lower set before this shooting spree and the wait was 4 months.

Right after the shooting a billet MEGA receiver set, according to D&T, was 6 to 8 months wait. Might be a longer wait than that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aimsurplus is supposed to be getting stripped lowers in sometime next week.  Price is $70 + shipping ...

Here's the actual quote from the person on fnforum writing it:

Aim Surplus is going to have another big shipment of the AR57 lowers coming in sometime next week. Brian announced yesterday that it would be about 10 days on them and they were $70 before shipping. I grabbed on the other day. Keep an eye out.

Hope this helps :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="xRUSTYx" data-cid="864390" data-time="1356026456"><p>
Aimsurplus is supposed to be getting stripped lowers in sometime next week. Price is $70 + shipping ...<br />
<br />
Here's the actual quote from the person on fnforum writing it:<br />
<br />
Hope this helps :)</p></blockquote>

That's good news. Aimsurplus has become a favorite of mine lately.

I wouldnt blame AIM a bit for just posting them on gunbroker...im sorry but I fault no one for making money while people are being stupid...heck i think im gonna sell out my 5.56 ammo while dumb dumbs are willing to pay over $1 per shot.

Just wish I had bought extra lowers from PSA back when no one else was...least i bought all the other parts lol.

This weekend I think I'm going to check out Frontier Firearms and Coal Creek Armory Outpost, both on Gallahar Rd.

Does anyone know, maybe save me a trip?  I know Frontier does layaways so I might put some cash down on something.

I was in frontier on Wednsday, the wife bought me a savage 22LR bolt action for Christmas. They had no AR's and must have had 20 phone calls while I was there asking about them. They told me they did not know when they might get any. The place was a mad house with people coming in and the background check to get my rifle took over an hour. I would have to hang a sign on the door that said. If you voted for Obama please get back in your car and leave.

• Like 1

I have posted these stories before but there are dealers who rape the local stores and buy EVERYTHING. Then they mark the ammo up 200%-300%. I wish I could start a thread of those gouging dealers so we could refuse to buy from them and put them out of business when they need us during normal times.

All dealers need their customers to survive during normal times. If we could just remember paying $40 a brick for 22 when things settle down then refuse to buy from that dealer then he would be forced out of business and never gouge us again. Dealers need us to survive during normal times. The show in Knoxville next week will have tons of guns with Walmart tags on them, guaranteed. And most will be marked up 30%-50%. Same thing with the ammo they buy from Walmart. They create the shortage by buying up everything just so they can make a windfall. And as far as Walmart goes, when was the last time you seen them gouge? As a matter of fact I have seen them drop prices when other dealers are raising prices.

Dealers are going to mark things up but it is us, the customers, that so easily forget that they did. I know there are several dealers at the gun shows that I refuse to buy from and tell anyone who will listen to not buy from them as well. I have even stood right in front of the dealer and told potential customers that they don't want to buy from him and why. Every single one of the dealers I refuse to buy from have proven, time and time again, to be an enemy to their customers.

The problem with gouging is this. It will cause the prices to elevate and never come down. A dealer marks his ammo up and realizes people will pay that elevated price so he never reduces his prices. The distributors realize that the dealers are making a windfall so the distributors raise their prices to secure more of the profits. And then when the dealer has to ask elevated prices because he paid elevated prices the dealer will not come down to where it was before he raised prices, at least not without loosing money. The dealer starts the madness not realizing he is the one who will get screwed but only second to the customer. And that is where the solution lies, the customer. If we all decided to wait a few weeks to buy what we NEEDED demand wouldn't have shot up and in turn the prices wouldn't have shot up. Nothing, prices or supply, would have changed from where it has been for the last 2-3 months.

Know what I bought when news broke of an impending shortage? Nothing. Why? because I have slowly, over the course of a few years, gathered what I need. And I can honestly say there is nothing I need and not a whole lot of things I want to be able to continue to shoot like normal.

Dolomite

• Like 2
Like I said before we forget who screwed us the last time.

As Yeager said CTD inflates their prices and they have done it every time their is a "crisis" they can make a profit. CTD did it in 2004 when high caps became legal again by charging an exuberant amount. They did it in when Obama was elected both times and now they are profiteering off of us because they can't let a crisis go to waste.

I have not ordered anything from CTD for at least a decade.

And they are not the only retailer doing this. We realistically need to remember who screwed us in the past but so easily we forget that fact.

Dolomite
  • Like 1
On a positive note my LGS is doing the right thing. A guy tried to come and buy every AR mag in the store and they told him nope, not happening. They have put a limit on mags and 5.56 ammo so everyone gets a chance to pick some up. The way business is going they won't have anything left to sell come Monday.
[quote name='FIST' timestamp='1356131106' post='865634'] On a positive note my LGS is doing the right thing. A guy tried to come and buy every AR mag in the store and they told him nope, not happening. They have put a limit on mags and 5.56 ammo so everyone gets a chance to pick some up. The way business is going they won't have anything left to sell come Monday.[/quote] This is good to hear. I back ordered six from midway at normal price but I doubt I'll ever see them. :o Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
[quote name="Joey" post="865660" timestamp="1356132471"]What's a fair price for a Deleware Machinery stripped lower?  I saw some locally for $250.[/quote] I wouldn't do it. Stripped lowers here were in the $100-140 before panic 2012 set in. Seeing PSA stripped lowers go for $300 almost made me vomit.
I posted two of my AR's on gunbroker and a can of 5.56 and plan on posting the rest of my AR stuff...for what people are willing to pay I don't need it that badly...surprisingly the 308 AR's havent jumped yet so for now that will be my SHTF gun.

After seeing a Spike's BCG alone going for over $300, I thought about throwing my complete Spike's rifle up there and see what happens.  I have another AR I've about finished building, an AK, and an M1A to hold me over.  Hmm...

Thanks to a fellow TGO member, I was able to order a BCG that is supposedly in stock.  I had one on backorder from Midway as well. I'll probably just keep that order in place and see if it shows up. I have a stripped upper that I wanted to build into a target upper, so might as well get the BCG now if it comes in next week like they estimate.  With my luck, they will get 500 in stock and I'll be #501 on the list.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

stopped at a local gun store in Tazewell Tn. Thursday. the owner builds his own ar-15s. I think the name is ironworks armory on the rifle. anyway. he had 40 left. he's still selling at around $800.00 last time I heard.  MIKES GUNSHOP in Tazewell tn. if you're considering buying I would call first. a lot can be sold in 48 hours.

Guest Tusculum

This is much worse than the 94 ban. in 94 people went AK crazy but this time its ar15s. No lowers, No stripped receivers, If you wanting anything with "Magpul" on it , Forget it. 30 rd Pmags on Gunbroker are bringing in excess of fifty dollars each and people are still placing bids. Even Sportsmans guide and Cheaper than dirt are out of mags. Someone told me today, Our Kenyan president will go down as the best firearm seller in history. I had a DPMS 308 I had built on G-America for a month @1200.00. Monday I thought about dropping below a grand cause I couldnt get any bites. Yesterday morning it not only sold but there were 5 waiting in line for it hoping the front ones would back out. Had 2 guys in for background checks yesterday about 5:30. It took 4 hrs to get the paperwork approved.

stopped at a local gun store in Tazewell Tn. Thursday. the owner builds his own ar-15s. I think the name is ironworks armory on the rifle. anyway. he had 40 left. he's still selling at around $800.00 last time I heard.  MIKES GUNSHOP in Tazewell tn. if you're considering buying I would call first. a lot can be sold in 48 hours.

Mikes had a few this morning. Had to park next door, shop was standing room only. When I left there were 2 AR's on the rack but I very much doubt they'll be there by closing. No layaways on AR's or AK's, and no mags left AFAIK.
Saw a lady, on the far side of 60, shopping for a glock. Warmed my heart, I tell you.
On the plus side, he hadn't superinflated his prices.

I got a stripped billet lower at Lock stock and barrel in Franklin yesterday. He sold 3 more while while I was there. I was reffered to them by a sales person at www.cmttac.com The lowers are made by a company in Lexington TN called Cross machine and tool. Very nice. And the price is excellent for a billet lower.They have lowers in and out of stock daily I guess, since they make them there. Might be worth looking into.

Edited by 2006Blackpearl931
[quote name='2006Blackpearl931' timestamp='1356209551' post='866356']I got a stripped billet lower at Lock stock and barrel in Franklin yesterday. He sold 3 more while while I was there. I was reffered to them by a sales person at www.cmttac.com The lowers are made by a company in Lexington TN called Cross machine and tool. Very nice. And the price is excellent for a billet lower.They have lowers in and out of stock daily I guess, since they make them there. Might be worth looking into.[/quote] It appears they have lowers in stock on their site cmttac.com. anyone have any experience with them ?

I got one for me, and one for a friend. I don't claim to be an expert on ARs, but I do own a small machine shop in Tullahoma. So, I know good machining when I see it. They are excellent quality. Have not done any assembly yet, but my upper reciever lined up flawlessly. I honestly think they are new to the market. My serial number is way less than 100. Like 0005X....

Edited by 2006Blackpearl931
[quote name='2006Blackpearl931' timestamp='1356211967' post='866376']I got one for me, and one for a friend. I don't claim to be an expert on ARs, but I do own a small machine shop in Tullahoma. So, I know good machining when I see it. They are excellent quality. Have not done any assembly yet, but my upper reciever lined up flawlessly. I honestly think they are new to the market. My serial number is way less than 100. Like 0005X....[/quote] Update they are out of stock but Jeff Cross of cross machine replies within 15 minutes on a Saturday before Christmas that is outstanding! Edited by sL1k