Ammo Watch Report 40 SW

Today's ammo watch:

Outpost Armory near the boro has a bunch of 40 sw ammo as well as small boxed c carry ammo on hand as of 6 pm today.No magazines period except for select pistol mags.back wall w black rifles looks like a white peg board.about 10 50's on the counter.

reloading supplies are fine but will diminish due to demand. There was roughly 50K rounds left in 1000 and 500 round cases.

I figured I'd start this thread so regular and mobile users could find COTS ammo based on member reports.

title your post w ammo watch and the caliber you found.

This is all part of the forum contingency plan to help deal w ammo shortages until the light shines at the end of the hole.

hope this helps 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised David. The panic buying is definitiely on.

I was in our local Walmart (Turkey Creek in K-Town) on Monday and picked up a couple of hundred rounds of 7.63x39 for a range trip. There was a lowered, but still tolerable selection when I left.

I had to stop in for a few grocery items this morning and took a look. Except of the higher end 40's and a few rifle cartridges, the shelves were pretty much bare.

2 employees were working the area, scanning all of the empty slots for re-order, but said they had no idea when, or if, they'd get adequate replacements.

Guest LRJETCAP

Just left Walmart off Nolensville Rd (Nashville) around 2pm, plenty of .40/9mm/.357.  Big surprise, no .223.  Went to Nashville Armory first to give them the business and was promptly turned around.  They are refusing to sell ANY ammo unless you use one of their lanes for practice.  Not so sure how I feel about that.

I'll never forget in 2008 telling a Walmart employee I'll take those last three boxes of ammo you have left and him telling me I can't use them, they are 357sig. I like to have never convinced him that I knew what they were and that I could actually use them. I wish I still had that Glock 32 today.
[quote name='LRJETCAP' timestamp='1356215365' post='866411']Just left Walmart off Nolensville Rd (Nashville) around 2pm, plenty of .40/9mm/.357. Big surprise, no .223. Went to Nashville Armory first to give them the business and was promptly turned around. They are refusing to sell ANY ammo unless you use one of their lanes for practice. Not so sure how I feel about that.[/quote] I totally understand. Without ammo for the range users they would have even more upset customers. The lanes are a big part of their business plan - they're already sold out of ARs and aks.
Just left Walmart off Nolensville Rd (Nashville) around 2pm, plenty of .40/9mm/.357.  Big surprise, no .223.  Went to Nashville Armory first to give them the business and was promptly turned around.  They are refusing to sell ANY ammo unless you use one of their lanes for practice.  Not so sure how I feel about that.

WOW i know its 20 bucks to shoot there for an hour, but i guess it might be worth it if the ammo price is "fair"