Everything is now an "assault" weapon and selling

I have been looking around various websites and seeing the prices climb on everything AR or AK related. But I am also seeing prices climb on other stuff that that I never would have thought.

The most disturbing part of all of this is before no one wanted to use the words "assault" to describe a weapon for fear it may be added to a ban but now everything is an "assault" weapon so it will sell. I have even found semi auto 22's being listed for 2x-3x what they sold for new because they are listed as an "assault rifle". I have also found shotguns being listed as an "assault shotguns". If it is black it is an "assault" weapon and command higher prices.

Seems like being an "assault" anything is selling right now. And the worse part is some sellers are claiming these "assault" weapons are being banned and to get them while you can. A black PMR-30 for $1,000 because it is "probably going to go away".

I hope this summer all these guns that were bought in haste hit the market for cheap. But what is likely going to happen is dealers will realize customers WILL pay $1,500 for a bare bones AR and keep prices inflated. Maybe not as inflated as now but still inflated. In the same way Saiga shotguns were under $300 until a scare forced their prices to $600+ where they have now stayed.

Just more of the fear mongering that we, as gun owners, do to ourselves and that will bite us ALL in the end.

Dolomite

Yeah people have gone "full retard" (if you haven't seen Tropic Thunder you won't get this) I doubt if the ban fails that people will pay $1500 for base model ARs. Maybe they will, but probably not. People are blowing their savings and going in debt to own these guns and that's the sad part. People buying 3,4 up to 7 ARs at one time. If you couldn't afford it a month ago you probably can't afford it now. I was scrolling through my 'recently viewed' eBay. Most were standard BCGs that sold for $300 and up.
  • Like 4

When I purchased my first AK several years ago the gun shop said it would be worth $1000 some day. That was a couple of years ago. The gun is a WASP. Most say it is the bottom of the AK line. I just saw one on Gun  Broker near $1000.00

its funny a guy just listed an amd 65 for 1600 on armslist in ktown....obama aint gonna do nothing....he appointed a commitee...big deal....they cant even get together on the budget....much less an awb....then when nothing happens obama will blame it on the conservatives to placate his constituants.....

Now the question becomes?

Not being a re-loader and being semi stocked up on the ammo I shoot most frequently at matches and practice / fun... Do I deplete my stock continuing shooting and hope things return to normal in a couple of months or, suspend my activities so I still have a modest stash if things continue to go further South?

Decisions, decisions?

Now the question becomes?

Not being a re-loader and being semi stocked up on the ammo I shoot most frequently at matches and practice / fun... Do I deplete my stock continuing shooting and hope things return to normal in a couple of months or, suspend my activities so I still have a modest stash if things continue to go further South?

Decisions, decisions?

I would stash what you have now and purchase what you can afford for the day's shooting event. win-win

I hope that it is a supply and demand thing. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months and there will not be a ban on assault things. Then prices may fall to well below where they were before all this started and I am going to buy 2 or 3 of everything for 1/3 the price of two weeks ago. :pleased: Edited by swim615
I hope that it is a supply and demand thing. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months and there will not be a ban on assault things. Then prices may fall to well below where they were before all this started and I am going to buy 2 or 3 of everything for 1/3 the price of two weeks ago. :pleased:

I am really hoping this happens too, I just can't rationalize going into debt to buy a rifle right now banking on they might not be available later on

On yet another website a Plum Crazy lower SOLD for $425, Frontier Armory lowers SOLD for $450. I guess the combination of being an "assault weapon" and the same plastic used by those making their own lowers combined to make it super evil and even more desireable.

Colt lowers for $1,400.

LPK's for $100+

BCG for $300+

Stripped uppers for $200+

MAK90 for $3,200 (WTF??!!?!?!)

Arsenal RPK for $2,600

Sig 556 for $2,400

Converted 7.62x39 Saiga that is well used for $1,000

I cannot wrap my mind around this craziness.

Dolomite

On yet another website a Plum Crazy lower SOLD for $425, Frontier Armory lowers SOLD for $450. I guess the combination of being an "assault weapon" and the same plastic used by those making their own lowers combined to make it super evil and even more desireable.

Colt lowers for $1,400.

LPK's for $100+

BCG for $300+

Stripped uppers for $200+

MAK90 for $3,200 (WTF??!!?!?!)

Arsenal RPK for $2,600

Sig 556 for $2,400

Converted 7.62x39 Saiga that is well used for $1,000

I cannot wrap my mind around this craziness.

Dolomite

Sold. I'm in how about sharing a link with your fellow TGOers. :rock:

People are buying up everything because of stupid politicians threatening all sorts of horrible anti-gun legislation.

Just look at what CT plans to do: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/56830-future-gun-control-for-ct-in-2013/

So I don't blame anyone for paying a little premium now versus old prices to secure the firearms they want.

Because after Obama and the rest of the get done hacking up the 2nd amendment, it'll probably be nearly impossible to get an AR, etc.

I may as well quit looking around on these gun classified site. These people are stupid for paying $2000 plus for a $900 rifle. I wish the classified admins would delete their post. I have always thought the "gun" community was a bunch of like minded people but it's seems I'm wrong on a bunch of them trying to rip people off. A couple examples one guy has 1000 rounds of unnamed ammo for $800 and another 100 rounds for $100 lol amazing!

Guest bkelm18
I may as well quit looking around on these gun classified site. These people are stupid for paying $2000 plus for a $900 rifle. I wish the classified admins would delete their post. I have always thought the "gun" community was a bunch of like minded people but it's seems I'm wrong on a bunch of them trying to rip people off. A couple examples one guy has 1000 rounds of unnamed ammo for $800 and another 100 rounds for $100 lol amazing!

People are only selling at high prices because people are willing to pay at high prices. If someone feels the need to pay $2k for a $600 AR, then by all means go right ahead. Capitalism at its finest.

Panics are all alike. Perception goes nuts on wild speculation and very little based on reality. The less people

participate in this madness, the better off they will be and the prices will come back down quicker. It happens

with everything. Wait until there is a food panic. Food prices have been drifting up so slowly, because of that

crap you put in your gas tank, that people haven't seemed to notice it.

There will be a "come to Jesus" moment in other sectors as well. This one is no different.

Great thing is at some point this will all end and the market will be so saturated I can buy AR's and lowers for next to nothing! Of course the price of mags, ammo, and parts will stay up for a bit longer and unforntuantley AK's will never go down. :( Edited by Smith
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I wish I would have been able to finish my AR-15 build months ago, sadly other priorities come first. I still need some little/big odds and ends. Now I'm gonna end up paying 2 or 3 times more for the damn parts I need. All the liberal retards and bandwagon awb turds need to move out to Cali and Cali become its own country,

[quote name='Smith' timestamp='1356368184' post='867774']Great thing is at some point this will all end and the market will be so saturated I can buy AR's and lowers for next to nothing! Of course the price of mags, ammo, and parts will stay up for a bit longer and unforntuantley AK's will never go down. :([/quote] Problem is people will be asking what they paid. There will be some harsh reality checks when this all shakes out.
  • Like 1
Panics are all alike. Perception goes nuts on wild speculation and very little based on reality. The less people

participate in this madness, the better off they will be and the prices will come back down quicker. It happens

with everything. Wait until there is a food panic. Food prices have been drifting up so slowly, because of that

crap you put in your gas tank, that people haven't seemed to notice it.

There will be a "come to Jesus" moment in other sectors as well. This one is no different.

No kidding.  All bubbles end the same way--badly.  For an interesting recent historical comparison, do a search on the 2008 Minneapolis wheat market.  Better yet find a price chart for spring wheat from late 2007 to 2009.  When you see the numbers it really hits home. Because of fears of a wheat shortage, millers and grain buyers went on an absolute, unchecked panic buying frenzy in early 2008.  But by the end of the year prices were back to where they were before it began.  It's a good rule of thumb that the day the world supposedly runs out of this or that, that's the day the highest price is made. 

I've been thinking the same thing about food.  Gun buying is a pretty small, niche area of the consumer world.  Now imagine if this was the stuff we need to eat.