Pack your backpack full of food!

The way I've always figured it was that most gun owners go out of their way to avoid getting in trouble and breaking laws if for no other reason than they don't want to lose the right to keep and bear those firearms . By default if you walk into a gun store and purchase a gun "You are a law abiding citizen" Therefore we as a gun community will put up with alot of things  IE : "No smoking in public" It affects and offends others ...Okay.  Wear your seat belt because we said so "It doesn't effect others" .....Okay, pay absurd Taxes, and pay for medical weather you want it or not  "It will help others" .....Okay. We will do all these things and we will slightly grumble and bicker because again we are law abiding citizens and we dam shure don't want to break any laws . ...But what happens if the POTUS bypasses congress and declares you to be a criminal by default if you buy or sell your gun or your guns magazine , With the slash of the Pen you have 2 choices register with the government or become a criminal what will happen? I don't know but I think that is a definate line that may be there for a lot of Gun owners.

A lot of good people who have sworn an oath to the constitution would be very upset to see it subverted and thrown out .....But what would they do ? I don't know This could very well be a turning point in this country the likes of which we have not seen before, does that mean it will be a turning point "With a BANG?" or "with a Wimper ?" I don't know either way I believe we should be prepared weather people stand up and fight physically or they don't you may never again be able to purchase another PMAG or Glock mag your gun may not be able to even be passed on to your children but anyone who wants a specific firearm and has never taken the time to purchase said firearm may need to get on the ball because in a few days it may never be possible again weather this drama plays out with a bang or a whimper It will most probably bring about a new day for firearms owner everywhere. ........."If that pen is used"  

The way I've always figured it was that most gun owners go out of their way to avoid getting in trouble and breaking laws if for no other reason than they don't want to lose the right to keep and bear those firearms .

I try not to break laws because I'm a semi-responsible adult. I have much more to lose by breaking the law than guns, or at least my guns aren't the first priority for me. Edited by TMF
  • Administrator

I've tried to give this guy a fair shake and have acknowledged in the past that I am sure he has some good instructors at his school who would do very well for themselves were they not saddled with carrying his baggage... but I've got to follow his own lead and make a retraction.   My personal opinion is that he's a sensationalist hothead and a liability to the cause of responsible, law abiding gun owners and true Second Amendment patriots.

In his retraction video he issued a huge F-You to all of the people who had sent him emails giving him advice (legal advice, as he put it) to take down the original "IMMA SHOOT SOMEONE!" video and clarify his stance.  Which he did, of course, but then like a roid-raging ###hole with the self-composure of a petulant 12-year old he had to go and tell everyone who had given him an ounce of good advice to go F themselves.  He then decried that none of us with the common sense that he lacks are patriots, and we've even got some of his waterboys here telling us that Yeager "gets it" and the rest of us are just going to leave a pile of AR-15's with MOLON LABE engravings on the receivers at the feet of government stooges when they come for our guns.

Sorry, but this assclown doesn't speak for me and doesn't speak for my Second Amendment or my sense of patriotism.

F YOU, James.  Think before you post some bull#### like that on the Internet next time.  Paul Revere didn't make his midnight ride with both middle fingers up in the air screaming obscenities at the colonial people, you dick.

• Like 2

Question.  Do you think he will get a visit from some government boys, or do you think they will just push it aside as some just a$$hole ranting on YouTube?

Second question.  If the government strengthens laws or establishes new laws regarding mental health/stability and the purchasing/owning of firearms, would he be able to do either considering his recent comments?  Something to think about.

Edited by mav

Question.  Do you think he will get a visit from some government boys, or do you think they will just push it aside as some just a$$hole ranting on YouTube?

Second question.  If the government strengthens laws or establishes new laws regarding mental health/stability and the purchasing/owning of firearms, would he be able to do either considering his recent comments?  Something to think about.

1. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some sort of visit considering the attention the video has now received. Not saying they'll black bag him off to Gitmo, but I bet something happens.

2. I don't know, but honestly if Yeager was forced to work for Wackenhut as an unarmed Kroger guard til he retires I'd be fine with that.

• Administrator

1. Isn't the answer to that going to be nothing more than pure speculation?  I'd be worried if I were him, but he's probably had smarter people guide him on how to get rid of anything that might cause him a problem.

2. Again speculation.  It might rain tomorrow.  It might not.  We won't know until tomorrow gets here.

You may be talking about an unholy relationship between gun owners and the ACLU at that point. Some TSA goober taking away somebody's rights over a mental health issue is real slippery, and has little to do with the NRA. I think it would take a judge acting medical reports.

James isn't crazy anyway. I think TGO David's assessment is much closer.

1. Isn't the answer to that going to be nothing more than pure speculation?  I'd be worried if I were him, but he's probably had smarter people guide him on how to get rid of anything that might cause him a problem.

2. Again speculation.  It might rain tomorrow.  It might not.  We won't know until tomorrow gets here.

Yeah, I know they were purely speculative questions.  I should have worded it differently to reflect my intent.  My intent was to pose these questions as something that should be pondered instead of something that should be answered directly.

I asked the last question because we have heard a lot from the gov, media, and even the NRA regarding mental health issues and firearms.  I am not saying James is nuts (I don't know the man), but what he said can lead people to believe that is the case.  While most in the firearm community may know that the guy is an egotist who was venting frustration, albeit stupidly, others outside of the community may not see it that way.

Regardless of the outcome, this entire episode is a great learning experience.  Be careful what you say publically, especially at this moment in time, because nobody knows how it may be used against you in the future.

[quote name="mikegideon" post="881511" timestamp="1357918472"]   James isn't crazy anyway. I think TGO David's assessment is much closer.[/quote] Yeah, but does excessive use of horse testosterone count as drug use?
  • Administrator

Yeah, but does excessive use of horse testosterone count as drug use?

During the ADAA-approved random drug screening, one of your players tested positive for three separate types of anabolic steroids, and a low-grade beaver tranquilizer. Therefore, Troop 417 is disqualified.

[quote name="mikegideon" post="881546" timestamp="1357920122"]More like Benton County redneck testosterone. I've hung out in those parts.[/quote] Well, I was referring to his obvious steroid use. Of course, since its likely he receives his horse testosterone injections anally, I guess it would be more along the lines of 'alternative lifestyle' as opposed to illicit drug use..... ZING!!

Well, I was referring to his obvious steroid use. Of course, since its likely he receives his horse testosterone injections anally, I guess it would be more along the lines of 'alternative lifestyle' as opposed to illicit drug use..... ZING!!

Ah... the old gerbil delivery system. Haven't seen that one in awhile :)

• Admin Team

Jame's isn't crazy.  He's playing a foolish game, though.  He's really playing the same role as another Tennessee gun owner and former permit holder who was recently granted a FFL.  This rant is going to be filed away, and it will absolutely be played again.  Only, it will be played by our adversaries who want to show the "psychos" who want to own "assault rifles".  You couldn't ask for a better video to scare the unwashed masses.

As for the guy with the FFL, I used to think that it would only be used to burn him down the road.  The more I've thought about it, they'll try to use him to burn us all.

• Administrator

Just reported the Yeager's hcp was suspended because of a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public.

I'm sure Yeager is smart enough to have a permit from some other state as well.  This is a warning shot across the bow from the State.

Edited to add...

20566009_BG1.jpg

Yeah, that video and that picture aren't going to be allowed to slip from the public memory anytime soon.  :rolleyes: