walmart and ammo

Guest Pineapple Devil

Some insight when looking for ammo at Walmart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd--6gcFzaE

1. that is not the norm at all

2. walmart has taken down the ability to see store stock for most of the ammo

3. people forget to look at the update date/time. it used to be 2-3 days old constantly

4. the majority of walmarts put out ammo at 7am with the sporting goods person comes in and it is promptly snatched up

The guy in the video talks about the walmart hoarding ammo like it is going to be an advantage to him, but what does he do? put it on youtube for the world to see. ( now i know there are some people that aren't internet savy, maybe it won't reach them). But if i had learned of a secret like this and wanted to keep it to myself, last thing i would do is post it on the internet. But that would be if i was selfish and didn't care about my fellow shooter.  

Empty shelf this morning. So looked in showcase/counter cabinet as above. Usually all I can see is some 12 guage. But, did notice 2 big boxes of Winchester and Remington.

This morning a young man asks what I'm looking for: "12 guage OO". He opens the back digs around and nope, none of that. I asked for the other calibers I'm interested in, nope none of that. BUT, he did get in some 40 that he hasn't stocked yet. Plus some other stuff.

So, bottom line, doesn't hurt to ask. I know the folks working the counter get tired of being asked. Perhaps instead of hoarding they're only trying to keep the resellers honest?

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

My fellow TGOer's, sorry for not having an update in the wee hours of the morning today. I did not go into work last night and couldn't give you my regular insight on the ammo shipment, if Waly 5616 got anything. If you managed to score some this morning, congrats. 

I was on the road all day visiting stores in Memphis. Checked three stores and three more in outlying cities yesterday, finally scored 2-100 boxes of 45 Winchester for $40 per box. Willing to trade for umc 9mm! Pm me
Good grief. How much did you spend on gas

I was on the road all day visiting stores in Memphis. Checked three stores and three more in outlying cities yesterday, finally scored 2-100 boxes of 45 Winchester for $40 per box. Willing to trade for umc 9mm! Pm me

Was in Frankllin KY Wallyworld this morning by 5:15 for a 7:00 sale of .22 555 bulk.  Got there and there was already a line of 6.  Needless to say, when the 7 boxes came out, I didn't get any.  Geez.  One guy had been there since 4:00am!

Was in Frankllin KY Wallyworld this morning by 5:15 for a 7:00 sale of .22 555 bulk.  Got there and there was already a line of 6.  Needless to say, when the 7 boxes came out, I didn't get any.  Geez.  One guy had been there since 4:00am!

If you're desperate enough to stand in line for hours and leave empty-handed, why not just pay the inflated prices that some are asking? Your time must be worth something.
  • Like 3

$5 says the guy standing there at 4am was a reseller.

This morning Shelbyville got in 16 one hundred round boxes of Federal .223 and 40 fifty round boxes of .22lr. Everyone got something and some of both went on the shelf. That was the first time I have seen the 100 round boxes of .223 since November. Maybe things are beginning to get a little better.

• Like 1

Went to Walmart in north Jackson looking and of course they did not have anything except some shotgun ammo. Guy behind the counter said that the "breakfast club" (about 7 guys) get there at 7Am each morning and buys them out.

I have not seen pistol ammo in Walmart in months. And the hunt continues... 

Due to Spring break this past week, I was able to be at my local Walmart around the time they put out new rifles last Friday.  As I was asking the clerk if anything had come in, a man walked up toward me said "...I heard what you asked, laughing, do they have any?"   While the clerk went to the back, this man called someone on his cell, and he said "...the clerk is checking, and I have 3 more stores to go today, yes I have the FedEx delivery times, do you need anything else for the shop?"  The Walmart clerk came back, nothing came in.  The other guy left, and I asked the clerk if she had seen that man before?  She said oh yes, he comes in about every other day, and buys ammo and guns.  I believe our local mom and pops are a significant contributor behind the Walmart empty shelves.  These people are either on the payroll or are heavily commissioned.

I was able to be at my same Wally yesterday (Friday) at the precise time from 1 week ago, ~1pm.  The same man that I mentioned in my 3/31 post was there waiting at the counter to see what had came in. That is just wrong!  I may have been doing it too, but I am in it for myself, not to be working for a gun store.