walmart and ammo

Guest carter

Yeah Kunal I knew what you meant. I was being funny. Or trying. Wally in Gainesville Ga said they have not had .22lr in 2 months. I don't believe that. I'd say its being sold out the back door.

I agree... before wal-mart took ammo off the online site i noticed they had some M-22 winchester instock... i didn't see it in the case then asked the guy to go look for it...he couldn't find it... so i assume someone has hidden stock in the back room for purchase later... which is against policy, I hope all these re-sellers rot in hell  :mad:

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Where do they hide it? Went to day and all they had was 12, 20, & 410ga ammo.. And I asked, they said that's all they got in the case.. Please tell me there's a secret hiding place or the person is about as clueless as a box of rocks.. 

I have stated many a times in this thread and a couple others about the process that Wally 5616 goes through when an ammo shipment is received and placed on sales floor. You just need to look through about the last month or so worths of posts I've made in this thread to understand. When I post intel about an ammo shipment, the shipment usually doesn't sit in the case past the afternoon. I'd say the ammo shipment is usually gone within 8 hrs of hitting the sales floor. There are atleast a few TGO members that benefit from my posts and atleast a dozen people I see on a regular basis in the mornings when the ammo is put out. Any further ??? send me a pm, thanks.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214
I haven't found anything at the south Knoxville Wally in months. If I go in the afternoon, it's "oh it sells out by 9." if I go at 8 am it's "we didn't get anything in" I am tempted to offer a bribe. It would be cheaper than constantly going there to look.

I have stated many a times in this thread and a couple others about the process that Wally 5616 goes through when an ammo shipment is received and placed on sales floor. You just need to look through about the last month or so worths of posts I've made in this thread to understand. When I post intel about an ammo shipment, the shipment usually doesn't sit in the case past the afternoon. I'd say the ammo shipment is usually gone within 8 hrs of hitting the sales floor. There are atleast a few TGO members that benefit from my posts and atleast a dozen people I see on a regular basis in the mornings when the ammo is put out. Any further ??? send me a pm, thanks.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect that not all Walmart locations adhere to the same receiving and product placement procedure when it comes to ammo.

Yeah Kunal I knew what you meant. I was being funny. Or trying. Wally in Gainesville Ga said they have not had .22lr in 2 months. I don't believe that. I'd say its being sold out the back door.

Gainesville, Georgia, my 2nd home for 4 years. I graduated from Riverside Military Academy in 2006. Pardon me for derailing off topic!

Me and the wife each bought 3 boxes of .223 at Oak Ridge Walmart last night. I went back today at noon and got another 3 boxes. Seems to be staying on the shelf longer now

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 1

The interwebs does it again, lol. I wish I could have just bought all of it. The boxes of Tula were just screaming to be taken home. I however understand the rationing of three boxes per person. I've got enough for my personal stash and SHTF scenario. 

I have a feeling my local walmart (Nashville West) is selling all of the good stuff to employees and friends. Besides 20ga and a few random rifle rounds (.22-250 mostly) there hasn't been anything in their ammo case other than fishing lures for months.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect that not all Walmart locations adhere to the same receiving and product placement procedure when it comes to ammo.

This could be the case and depending on what management wants to do at any given time.

I have a feeling my local walmart (Nashville West) is selling all of the good stuff to employees and friends. Besides 20ga and a few random rifle rounds (.22-250 mostly) there hasn't been anything in their ammo case other than fishing lures for months.

This is exactly how it is at the West Knox (Turkey Creek) walmart. A couple boxes of shotgun shells and a few random rifle rounds. The rest are fishing reels.

I haven't seen anything other than shotgun shells at our local Wal-Mart in months.  Yesterday I asked a lady we know who works there if they were getting any ammo.  She said they get small amounts in regularly and they put them out at 7:00 in the morning.  She said there's always a line waiting to see what shows up and all of the ammo is usually gone within 20 - 30 minutes.  Of course she said yesterday they didn't get any in, so all of those folks waiting in line were pretty ticked off!  

Since I still have to work for a living, standing in line at Wal-mart at 7:00 in the morning just in case some ammo shows up isn't an option.  I'm just glad I bought a few extra boxes after the 2008 scare.  Things may not ever get back to the way they were 6 months ago, but I still expect it will get at least a little better then this at some point.

For what it's worth, I worked late one night a few weeks ago and the wife asked me to stop and pick up a few things. I went by Franklin Wal-mart about 11:00 pm and they had a cart full of ammo putting it out. I didn't ask what all they had but I bought 2 boxes of .45 and 2 boxes of .38+P. No .22's, I asked. So much for getting up early to camp out. I think that only works at Academy Sports.

I don't know if this applies to other walmarts but Fayetteville's walmart won't allow ammo sales after 10P.M. I know, I tried before.  An associate told be once before it was because they fear someone would more likely go on a shooting rampage late at night. WTH.

This all well before the ammo shortage, way back in the summer.

I don't know if this applies to other walmarts but Fayetteville's walmart won't allow ammo sales after 10P.M. I know, I tried before.  An associate told be once before it was because they fear someone would more likely go on a shooting rampage late at night. WTH.

This all well before the ammo shortage, way back in the summer.

Hmm. May be dependent on the store location.

Perhaps in Fayetteville they don't want anyone spotlighting deer with a .380 compact. :whistle:

God knows you've got enough of them in Lincoln County (deer, that is).

Edited by tartanphantom
Clinton Highway Walmart received a great shipment. I'm not one of the resellers, or I would have had a field day. They have 7 boxes of 9mm federal bulk 100 round 9mm, all kinds of .223, a box of .45, and a bunch of 38 special and .357!!! There was no one there, and i was shocked. just picked up my two 100 round 9mm packs. COME AND GET IT BOYS!!!!! Edited by dubya3488
Yeah the Walmart in Franklin is getting annoyed with all of this nonsense. So they seem to be more random with the stocking times. They used to stock at 7PM, like you, I was there at 10:05pm and snagged an ammo can full of 5.56 last month.

With so many Walmarts, some associates must be buying/hiding, some stock as they get it and others are waiting on the tax stamps. The armslist markup folks must be getting most of it. It does seem to be turning around. The last few gun shops I've been in, have had ammo and weapons.

It'll be nice when folks quite paying the inflated prices on Armslist, so the market can stabilize and those who bought to resell have to sell at the price they bought it.

The one thing that just doesn't make any sense is the 22 shortage. Maybe because of the cheap price for so much ammo at one purchse. The reseller can buy 3 bricks for roughly the price of one box of decent hand gun ammo.

I have seen more deer on the AEDC highway than in Lincoln county. As for the wal-mart restriction of ammo sales, Itis the first store i've heard of it happening at least late at night.

Hmm. May be dependent on the store location.

Perhaps in Fayetteville they don't want anyone spotlighting deer with a .380 compact. :whistle:

God knows you've got enough of them in Lincoln County (deer, that is).

• Authorized Vendor

I haven't seen a single damn round of anything in the 2/3 Walmarts I go to in months.......no really. They can screw themselves...I'll never buy anything from them. Maybe it's policy, sleazy employees or whatever they can keep those places to themselves.

• Like 1
I went into to one today and saw some 7.62x39. I told the lady I wanted some, without hesitation she sat all 8 boxes on the counter and rang me up. As I was walking away she said "say hi to Keith for me" I gues she thought I was someone else. I was not going to question selling me that many. I did not ask for all of them or even tell her how many I wanted. So thanks Keith whoever you are
  • Like 1

Due to Spring break this past week, I was able to be at my local Walmart around the time they put out new rifles last Friday.  As I was asking the clerk if anything had come in, a man walked up toward me said "...I heard what you asked, laughing, do they have any?"   While the clerk went to the back, this man called someone on his cell, and he said "...the clerk is checking, and I have 3 more stores to go today, yes I have the FedEx delivery times, do you need anything else for the shop?"  The Walmart clerk came back, nothing came in.  The other guy left, and I asked the clerk if she had seen that man before?  She said oh yes, he comes in about every other day, and buys ammo and guns.  I believe our local mom and pops are a significant contributor behind the Walmart empty shelves.  These people are either on the payroll or are heavily commissioned.

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1