walmart and ammo

Walmart here in Tullahoma has a 2 box limit but they allow you to make separate purchases. i picked up 4 boxes of the 100 count in 9mm last night

The one in Shelbyville has a 3 box limit but will let you buy 3 boxes per caliber so essentially you could walk out with 15 boxes of ammo in 5 different calipers. This is per day so again last night there I purchased 3 boxes of 45 auto in the 100 count at 11:50 and at 12:02 I got the remaining two boxes for a total of five boxes Edited by jphillips63

Walmart here in Tullahoma has a 2 box limit but they allow you to make separate purchases. i picked up 4 boxes of the 100 count in 9mm last night

The one in Shelbyville has a 3 box limit but will let you buy 3 boxes per caliber so essentially you could walk out with 15 boxes of ammo in 5 different calipers. This is per day so again last night there I purchased 3 boxes of 45 auto in the 100 count at 11:50 and at 12:02 I got the remaining two boxes for a total of five boxes

STOP HOARDING THE AMMO ( we've seen your place ) and leave some for the rest of us !!!!!   :slapfight:

• Like 1
Guest Fruit jar

I went to my walmart last month. I looked at empty selves in the sporting goods. I usually buy the 17.6 lb bag of dog food. I bought the 40 lb. bag this time. I have 2 wieners, so this will last them a long while.

I went to my walmart last month. I looked at empty selves in the sporting goods. I usually buy the 17.6 lb bag of dog food. I bought the 40 lb. bag this time. I have 2 wieners, so this will last them a long while.

You might wanna have a doctor take a look at that. And call Guiness.
  • Like 3
Guest Fruit jar

That's dauchounds or dash hounds, one short haired red and a long haired sable.

My wife wanted to go to Southaven to do the black friday shopping. I let her and my daughter out at Books a Million. My son and I went to Sportsman's. His eyes got big when I put 2 cases of Remington 525 ct. cases in the cart. We drove back and picked up the wife and child. I said I was finished and was ready to head home. Nope, we spent the whole day in that mall.

Edited by Fruit jar

That's dauchounds or dash hounds, one short haired red and a long haired sable.

We have a little black wiener in our neighborhood that will actually chase cars.  He's pretty fierce.  My wife has a theory about small dogs.  They are more fierce than big dogs.  They have to make up for their size and cuteness.

Well i made my daily pass through today in shelbyville and some 40 and 38 . Was called last night and told that 22lr was coming in and i needed to be there this morning if i wanted any . Was to be several boxes . Got there at 7.30 this morning no lines and no ammo. I found dept. manager and asked if there was any left and i was told it all sold between 10 pm and 12 midnight. three weeks ago they had some and i was there at 930 pm and was told it would not come out until 7am. Well i was told by manager that an employe was buying and selling between 10 and 12 and would allow you to to buy another limit 1 minute after midnight.Sounds like walmart has a policy change. tried to reach walmart store manager to voice my opinion with no such luck. That is why so much ammo showing at double prices online !

Edited by ddavis6161

I never was much of a walmart fan anyway. I am to the point now that the one here can kiss my ass. It took me a bit to figure out that the two guys that work in the sporting goods dept were the ones buying it all to re-sell. Actually, truth be told i did not really figure it out, one of the other store employees clued me in.

Guest Fruit jar

The wife calls today saying, can you stop at a store on your way home? I'm getting close to Batesville, MS so I stop at Walmart. I walk in pick her up a card and a box of candy. Then head to sporting goods. A clerk is stocking the box. I look over her shoulder then in the cart. I see a case of .223. I ask if I can dig it out, 4 100 packs are in a case. I got 3 of them for 34.97 each. I had to make a second trip for what I went in for the first time.

Boycott the re-sellers. Between them and the Gov't buying all the ammo, that is the reason why majority of us cannot catch a break.

Buying ammo is like playing the lotto. Some days you're lucky, some days.... more often.... not.

Edited by Wyldk2
  • Like 1

Boycott the re-sellers. Between them and the Gov't buying all the ammo, that is the reason why majority of us cannot catch a break.

Buying ammo is like playing the lotto. Some days you're lucky, some days.... more often.... not.

This is the exact reason why I bid on and won a case of Federal .22 on the broker for $400.00 shipped. $40.00 a brick is better than $75.00.

Bill

This is the exact reason why I bid on and won a case of Federal .22 on the broker for $400.00 shipped. $40.00 a brick is better than $75.00.

Bill

$25 is even better, and if we can all exercise a little patience and discipline we'll see that price before long.  But first, folks need to quit being willing to pay 75-100% over what it used to be.  

Edited by Stegall Law Firm
  • Like 1
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Nothing arrived @ Wally 5615 during the week thus far. I won't know if any ammo arrives tonight or Saturday, but if I hear something I'll pass on what info I receive to my fellow TGO'ers in the Nashville area.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Well i made my daily pass through today in shelbyville and some 40 and 38 . Was called last night and told that 22lr was coming in and i needed to be there this morning if i wanted any . Was to be several boxes . Got there at 7.30 this morning no lines and no ammo. I found dept. manager and asked if there was any left and i was told it all sold between 10 pm and 12 midnight. three weeks ago they had some and i was there at 930 pm and was told it would not come out until 7am. Well i was told by manager that an employe was buying and selling between 10 and 12 and would allow you to to buy another limit 1 minute after midnight.Sounds like walmart has a policy change. tried to reach walmart store manager to voice my opinion with no such luck. That is why so much ammo showing at double prices online !

I know @ Wally 5616, we do not sell ammo after 2200. Any ammo that is held in the back goes out to the sales floor after 0700 in the morning.