How have you prepared for tonights ice storm?

I was just topping off our oil lamps and thinking about what I had done to prepare and what I should have done.

Fire going? check

Food for a good two weeks. check

Should have cleaned out the carburetor on the generator and started it.

Should have bought some extra milk.

How about everyone else are you ready?

It's almost guaranteed not to affect anyone east of I-65 if the radar data for the past several hours is any indication.  Middle TN's geography is once again ensuring that everything slides north and to the east of us.

I am west of I-65.

I hope it is just rain here. I do remember a very bad ice storm here about 20 years ago. The power was out for over two weeks here and roads were impassable for several days because of all the fallen trees.

Sidearms at each entry, shotguns next to each window, sniper-rifle in attic next to secret roof hatch. Bought an extra 25 gallons of bottled water for good measure.  :ph34r: Perfect conditions for the Feds to start taking our weapons after BHO's speech tomorrow.  :tinfoil:

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 1

WAIT WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!

:leaving: I am really talking about the weather. All this political stuff is making me pull my hair out, so I am just trying to think about something else. :stalk:

I hear you. I remember that 1994 ice storm. It was ugly around here for a while.
  • Like 1

I did what a lot of people in Mid Tn do...I rushed out to Kroger's and bought 11 gallons of milk and a pallet of bread...my god the high on Wednesday is only going to be 42 so I might be stuck for nearly 12 hours...

;)  j/k

Guest Cogent Design

I didn't do much. I already have plenty of food, water, light sources, fire starters, and blankets. I can sustain myself in my home for quite a while.

I did move the crappy car behind my truck in the driveway to protect it. in case anybody decides to go sliding down my street tonight.

Looks like we dodged the ICE here. Hope everyone else made it with no storm damage and the good thing I just add some extra supplies for the next ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. I mean emergency.

Edited by swim615