Dogs rule!

ArmyBrat61

I love dogs; especially the "manly ones" as NRA has posted.  It's been two years since my old retriever went over the "sunset hill" and i still get teary eyed thinkin about him.  He wuz a great creature.  The wife and son tell me "...no more dogs... We cant stand the mourning process...."; so im stuck without "mans best friend".  Thanks for posting this great picture. 

dogless leroy

• Like 1

way too LOL! ................. LOVE IT!

For anyone considering a Weimaraner they go from this at 8 weeks

3DL7pyF.jpg

to this at 6 months

DcQU414.jpg

to this at one year

Kw6mrnv.jpg

And yes he's spoiled. In all seriousness though, too many people get this breed just based on how cute they look as a puppy with their blue eyes and all and don't stop to consider that this a breed that will positively own you if you don't take the time to train and exercise them. Please adopt responsibly. Too many Weims abandoned as it is.

• Like 3

gnmwilliams is very right. One of my ex co-workers has 3.  Great dogs, but he was very active with them--running, hiking, constantly doing somethig with them. Then the 2 children came along and less time to spend and exercise them Became a little harder to handle, but he's still got them. His first 3 children he says.  

And yes he's spoiled. In all seriousness though, too many people get this breed just based on how cute they look as a puppy with their blue eyes and all and don't stop to consider that this a breed that will positively own you if you don't take the time to train and exercise them. Please adopt responsibly. Too many Weims abandoned as it is.

LucyHunting_zpsd20ec2be.jpg

When we got her 9 years ago, we were her 3rd set of humans.   :)  She is an amazing, amazing retreiver (oh, except when the temp is above 60 degrees), an extremely warm blanket, and a fierce (sounding) protector.  Smarter than me - and more strong willed.

Edited by Peace

Here are Camelot and Jordy.  Both were adopted out ...

CamelotandJordy2.jpg

CamelotandJordy.jpg

We only have Kaylee now .... The most docile dog I have ever met in my life.  She sleep's 23.5 hours a day, eat's once a day, and the rest of the time she spends guarding our 8 months old son :)

Here she is at 8 weeks:

4-25-089.jpg

Here she is at 5 months:

KayleeandMommy.jpg

And here she is now as an adult:

IMG_0295.jpg

c889f096.jpg

I have always said that their lives are too short not to spoil them.............especially for as much as they freely give. I have had German Shepards most of my life, my wife had King Shepards, so they are our fur kids. A house is not a home without a dog..............

PA030218_zps769e0925.jpg

• Like 4

This is Boba.  He was a rescue.  Forgive the cliche but he really IS a junkyard dog.  He came from a nearby wrecking yard.  That group of Aholes lost their lease and were going to kill him and throw him in a hole where they were burying trash.  He came to me, I've had him ever since.  They used to kick him and be mean to him.  When I found him, the chain he was on weighed more than he did.  12 mos old and weighed around 30lbs.  Well Aholes, If you guys ever wanna kick him again, I'll let you.  I'll go in the house and promise NOT to get involved.  Go in his pen and kick him now!  Later that afternoon, I'll get a mop and clean up what's left of you.  People who abuse dogs deserve a slow death.

It took time, but we come to an understanding.  That understanding grew to the best friend I got.  I swear, he'd jump off a cliff if I ask him to.  I once snapped my fingers and told him to jump into the middle of a pile of tires.  I was just screwing around and would have never thought he'd actually do it.  He bailed off in the middle of them and busted his ass.  I felt really bad, he got a couple McDoubles from McDonald's and I doubt he holds it against me.  He's never mentioned it.  

Anyway....Here's my buddy.  80lbs of faithful retard.  

DSC00178.jpg

I no like you pinch a da cheeks!

DSC00195-1.jpg

• Like 5

This is Boba.  He was a rescue.  Forgive the cliche but he really IS a junkyard dog.  He came from a nearby wrecking yard.  That group of Aholes lost their lease and were going to kill him and throw him in a hole where they were burying trash.  He came to me, I've had him ever since.  They used to kick him and be mean to him.  When I found him, the chain he was on weighed more than he did.  12 mos old and weighed around 30lbs.  Well Aholes, If you guys ever wanna kick him again, I'll let you.  I'll go in the house and promise NOT to get involved.  Go in his pen and kick him now!  Later that afternoon, I'll get a mop and clean up what's left of you.  People who abuse dogs deserve a slow death.

It took time, but we come to an understanding.  That understanding grew to the best friend I got.  I swear, he'd jump off a cliff if I ask him to.  I once snapped my fingers and told him to jump into the middle of a pile of tires.  I was just screwing around and would have never thought he'd actually do it.  He bailed off in the middle of them and busted his ass.  I felt really bad, he got a couple McDoubles from McDonald's and I doubt he holds it against me.  He's never mentioned it.  

Anyway....Here's my buddy.  80lbs of faithful retard.  

DSC00178.jpg

I no like you pinch a da cheeks!

DSC00195-1.jpg

That's AWESOME Caster!!!

Dave S