Dogs rule!

ArmyBrat61

My roommate.  And don't let him fool you he is a a mean SOB to say the least.  Not the lazy bulldog that you would think just ask Rightwinger about him.

IMG_6244_zpsd231c344.jpg

IMG_6242_zps189bb98d.jpg

For some reason, he reminds me of Winston Churchill---Just not gonna put up with crap from anyone !!! :up:

Edited by craglawnmanor
  • Like 1

Holly_zpsb3a447b5.jpg

Holly, our blue female doberman at about 15 months old

Axl_zps1317a0cc.jpg

Axl, our male black and rust doberman at about 7 months old

AxlandHolly_zps147324f8.jpg

Axl and Holly running together.  They are biological siblings but from different litters.  Holly is just a little bigger still, but Axl will pass her up.  They play rough with each other when they are awake, but they also like plenty of sleep time.  They are great dogs.

HollyandAxl_zpsaf7a89fe.jpg

Here's a little older photo of Axl and Holly looking at the camera together.  They are best buds.  B

Edited by Bassoneer
  • Like 3

For some reason, he reminds me of Winston Churchill---Just not gonna put up with crap from anyone !!! :up:

That's exactly what I was going to say. That dog would be named Winston if I had him.

Here's one of ours. Just added him to the family last month and he's already spoiled rotten. His name is Chopper.

1_zps221ba6b7.jpg

• Like 1

In political cartoons, Churchill was often depicted as a bulldog.

My Boston is in my avatar.

This is Murdock and Molly. Murdock is a full blooded Welsh Corgi. He's my Lowrider. A funnier dog has never been. Molly is our new addition. She is an 8 week old Bassador. Thats half Basset Hound and half Black Lab. Another Lowrider. So far, smarter than her brother, but both are funny as clowns.

jzw6jn.jpg

j7ena9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IQLph.jpg

Awesome dog! We have always wanted a Weimaraner, and are getting our wish. Here is our little fella that we get to pick up in March. He's less than two weeks right now. 

IMG954400_zps3565d8c4.jpg

We are going to name him Jax, 

I may be hitting you up for a few pointers. 

• Like 1
My favorite was an Irish Wolfhound we had as a kid. He was given to us by a breeder because he was the runt of the litter and they could not sell him. My step dad thought it was funny naming him tiny, well until he he hit 6ft. He was the most gentle dog I ever owned. He ended up bigger and lived longer than his siblings, I guess runts are not so bad. I will see if I can get a pic and scan it in, he passed away before digital cameras. Edited by STAHDKnoxville

Awesome dog! We have always wanted a Weimaraner, and are getting our wish. Here is our little fella that we get to pick up in March. He's less than two weeks right now. 

IMG954400_zps3565d8c4.jpg

We are going to name him Jax, 

I may be hitting you up for a few pointers. 

No problem at all! I'd be glad to help. The main thing I'd say is excercise, excercise, excercise. A bored Weim is a destructive and dominating Weim. And this is not an outside dog. They were orignally bred to be with thier owners everywhere they went. And trust me, close your bathroom door or you will have another companion in the shower with you with a VERY cold nose if you don't. :) And congrats on the new addition!

Edited by gnmwilliams

I love seeing how much everyone loves their dogs. People who have never known that kind of love, have something missing inside and they don't even realize it.

Here's my babies Lucy (American Bulldog), Barkley (Old English Bulldog), and Layla (Pit mix?):

I love seeing how much everyone loves their dogs. People who have never known that kind of love, have something missing inside and they don't even realize it.

Here's my babies Lucy (American Bulldog), Barkley (Old English Bulldog), and Layla (Pit mix?):

SittinPretty-1.jpg

6896889503_cafd716f8d.jpg

514ff615849ad65f0f043367e3759930.jpg

I always loved AB~s.. we had a male his name was Boo..... he was one in a million. he wasnt to smart but was such a good dog.I had him cremated and still have his ashes..Gawd, I loved that dog...

• Like 1

This is our dog. We believe she's a mix of blue heeler and dalmatian among other things. In retrospect, that's not a combination I'd recommend. She's been a handful to say the least. We got her from the shelter as a very sick puppy 12 years ago this fall. While the tag on her collar says "Opal" (as in black opals commonly found in Australia), she has many, many names. I have a pet name for her (yes, a pet name for a pet) that I think describes her more accurately than simply Opal.... rottenuselessgoodfornothinghunkofstinkingdogflesh. Say that 5 times fast. She also has the distinction of having jumped off the Look Rock Firetower. We think she was after a squirrel or chipmonk. Apparently they climb trees better than dogs.

IMG_0766-L.jpg

Edited by peejman

No problem at all! I'd be glad to help. The main thing I'd say is excercise, excercise, excercise. A bored Weim is a destructive and dominating Weim. And this is not an outside dog. They were orignally bred to be with thier owners everywhere they went. And trust me, close your bathroom door or you will have another companion in the shower with you with a VERY cold nose if you don't. :) And congrats on the new addition!

+1 on this.  Our boy is 7 and is still a handful.  And every weim I've been around is neurotic.  It's just the way they're made.  They're smart and they're a challenge, but don't be harsh with them.  They don't respond well to it, and there's really no need.  As long as they understand what you want and that you're the boss, they'll do ok.

Thank you. He's definitely going to be an inside dog. We've done our research and I have about 3 acres fenced in, so there will be plenty of exercise and rabbit/squirrel chasing going on. That is one of the reasons we are getting a Weim. We feel we can provide a perfect place and opportunity for it and my wife is home, so they can keep each other occupied. We are looking forward to picking the little guy up in March.