Recommendations for holster

Here are the specs:

- Glock 27 with crimson trace trigger guard

- I am a fairly big man and want to carry in the small of my back (I have tucked the pistol in my waistband in the small of my back without discomfort)

- I think inside the pants is more secure

- I am right handed and I think a left handed holster would work for a right handed draw

With lots of products out there I would rather not experiment too much...so your recommendations will be appreciated and given due consideration. Thanks in advance for your input.

Think real hard about small-of-back carry.  It's not nearly as accessible, secure, or concealable as you think.  It also really, really hurts if you fall on it.... AMHIK.  If that's the only spot you've got room in your pants for the gun, I'd strongly recommend you consider larger pants or OWB.  That said, I have crossbreed and a galco that work pretty well.

Edited by peejman
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

Personally, I am very satisfied with High Noon Holsters.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com

I have experience with their Down Under (straps) and their Hidden Impact (clip). I imagine something in the range of their Hidden Impact would be great for a G27. I use the Down Under with a P-01 and the Hidden Impact with a G19. Both of those are about the same size gun, and it would only be even better with a G27.

I just like something with a little bit more heft to it.

Think real hard about small-of-back carry.  It's not nearly as accessible, secure, or concealable as you think.  It also really, really hurts if you fall on it.... AMHIK.  If that's the only spot you've got room in your pants for the gun, I'd strongly recommend you consider larger pants or OWB.  That said, I have crossbreed and a galco that work pretty well.

^^ what he said. Small of back is good in theory but difficult to execute. Just my opinion

• Administrator

SOB carry essentially went out with the 90's as handgun carry became more common and practitioners became more enlightened.  As others have said, it's not a very secure way of carry and can cause traumatic spine injuries if the wearer falls onto it.  If inside the waistband carry isn't an option, you need to consider outside the waistband carry with a cover garment if you're trying to keep it concealed.

If body-weight / obesity is a problem for carrying on your side, you may need to explore other options but I would still cross SOB carry off the list.  I'd also recommend doing whatever you can to drop some pounds for your own health and wellness.  Not a snide remark, just concern for a fellow gun owner.

I carry SOB about 50%, it does have a couple disadvantages, but I still like it. I have a dual carry from D.m. bullard(Google that and you will find it) he makes works of arts out of leather, awesome holsters! Only problem is he runs several several weeks behind, which to me is a testament to his craftsmanship.