Mitch McConnell Warns Gun Owners: ‘We’re surrounded by gun-grabbers’

Guest ThePunisher
Many gun owners knew they were surrounded by gun-grabbers in this administration, yet they went ahead and voted to re-elect a President that would be the biggest threat to the 2nd Amendment in our history. No psychological spin can explain what we knew for 4 years, and yet still decide they will vote for someone they knew would come after their guns. Freud would not be able to offer any reasonable explanation.

Many gun owners knew they were surrounded by gun-grabbers in this administration, yet they went ahead and voted to re-elect a President that would be the biggest threat to the 2nd Amendment in our history. No psychological spin can explain what we knew for 4 years, and yet still decide they will vote for someone they knew would come after their guns. Freud would not be able to offer any reasonable explanation.

I imagine any gun owners that voted for another Obama term are either 1) not single issue voters or 2) cannot stomach Republican social policies and in good conscience support them.

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="Garufa" post="894125" timestamp="1358985525"]I imagine any gun owners that voted for another Obama term are either 1) not single issue voters or 2) cannot stomach Republican social policies and in good conscience support them.[/quote] They also didn't know squat about our economy tanking either.

But in this case he ain't particularly wrong.

No, of course he's not, and note that went to his constituents. 

And he made a public comment the other day about gun legislation not getting out of the Senate, or maybe it was just Feinstein's bill, I forget. 

But he probably just wouldn't be saying anything about that right now if he wasn't but two years out, since he,  along with probably a third of the Dems in the Senate,  simply hope they won't have to do anything public about it at all.

- OS

If McConnell let anything happen to gun rights, sure he would lose his seat, but he also knows, being from KY, he'd have to move to

a blue state to retire. He really doesn't have much choice even if his term was freshly starting. There are too many people bombarding

every Republican House and Senate Member over this, and even a few Dems are feeling heat, that they know this dog won't hunt.

Only way is EO, and with the regurgitated/new ATF director, a few tweaks in current regs, which will put him in the crosshairs of every

House and Senate Republican. I know I will raise Hell over it if that new/old guy does that.

We probably need to raise a lot of Hell for a couple months while a few more crazies off themselves in gun free zones. If Obama wants

to continue to wage war on the Constitution, he will meet resistance.

I'm waiting for New York refugees any day, over what they got shoved.

I really hate to say this, but it's starting to look like the Repubs are going to roll over on this one.

Now that would be a shocker, huh? They've rolled over on everything else. I swear I think I prefer Democrats right now. At least they are being up front about their intentions. H3ll, you don't ever know when or how the Repubs are gonna hit ya.

Rand Paul is the only man left in D.C. with a pair.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 3
[quote name="gregintenn" post="894266" timestamp="1358993111"]Now that would be a shocker, huh? They've rolled over on everything else. I swear I think I prefer Democrats right now. At least they are being up front about their intentions. H3ll, you don't ever know when or how the Repubs are gonna hit ya.   Rand Paul is the only man left in D.C. with a pair.[/quote]I've come to the conclusion that the Repubs are like the Titans. They seem to be doing ok for the first half, then they bend over backwards to give it away in the second half. If they alreay know that they're going to screw us, I wish they'd just tell us up front. "Representative govt." my eye!

I think it would have to do with the fact that the other option was a known gun grabber aswell and why alot of people "like more tha 2/3 of the population" didnt even vote there was no good option this election and I have a feeling that was on purpose

...and why alot of people "like more tha 2/3 of the population" didnt even vote there was no good option this election and I have a feeling that was on purpose

About the same percentage of eligible voters voted in 2012 as usual, around 57%.

- OS

Guest ThePunisher
With all this Illogical, shenanigan bull crap coming from both democrat and republican representatives that would make any sane person scratch their head, I can only believe that everything is leading to that ineveitable One World Order. When our representatives no longer listen to their constituents, one has to wonder what the heck is going on, and where our country is headed. For the last 4 years, nothing seems very logical with our government and representatives. It appears our country is tanking fast.

He's in campaign mode too, of course, comes up in '14 in KY.

- OS

He's not worried the least about an election. If there was any senator that could run a $5 campaign budget against 1,000 opponents with a $10mil budget and still win, it's McConnell. My guess is that he's going to be helping get the dems out of senate and regain control, his own position isn't even a concern.

Now that would be a shocker, huh? They've rolled over on everything else. I swear I think I prefer Democrats right now. At least they are being up front about their intentions. H3ll, you don't ever know when or how the Repubs are gonna hit ya.

Rand Paul is the only man left in D.C. with a pair.

There are a couple of others, Robert Lee from Utah for example won't sell us out on gun control.

I'm not sure about that, KY is a strong Republican state, so whoever wins the primary is almost guaranteed to win the seat...  This is also the same state in 2010 that elected Rand Paul.

Paul has access to his election organization, as well as access to his fathers organization from the 2012 republican nomination.  They could back a strong candidate with a conservative/libertarian bent that could easily threaten McConnell from the right, but still be moderate enough on social issues to win the general election.

McConnell has to worry about a primary challenge from the right, and this letter is designed to stave that off.

He's not worried the least about an election. If there was any senator that could run a $5 campaign budget against 1,000 opponents with a $10mil budget and still win, it's McConnell. My guess is that he's going to be helping get the dems out of senate and regain control, his own position isn't even a concern.

Edited by JayC
Guest ThePunisher
Obama's top priority is tearing apart the republican party so that the communist can gain control of Congress, and then he gets to finish the fundamental transformation of America. It looks like its gonna be a piece of cake achieving his goal.
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="plank white" post="894354" timestamp="1358997972"]I think it would have to do with the fact that the other option was a known gun grabber aswell and why alot of people "like more tha 2/3 of the population" didnt even vote there was no good option this election and I have a feeling that was on purpose[/quote] Yeah, like we would really be having this gun grab scare right now with EO. I don't think so. Feinstein would still be bitching, but that's about all you would hear.